Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 11:06 AM Last edited by Mrmo : 25th Dec 2018 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Need advice on installing lot (Clean installer can not be used) Solved!!
Hello.

I do have a little problem, that's why I post here

I'm not unfamiliar whit using the Clean Installer for installing content into my game but the question in this situation is: How do I do when a download is not formated correctly? Let me explain: content that can be installed by the Clean Installer used to be in a "sims2Pack" format but I downloaded a lot (from here: http://kativip.ucoz.ru/load/maryata...ower/34-1-0-796 ) and all rooms of the lot have their own zip files. So I got the lot achive file and under it is different zip files whit other zip files under them. And all of the zip's contains normal *.package files. Now, I do not always pay attention but I did install an other lot (sims2Pack file) and the Clean isataller wanted to pu it in a archive named "Teleport" (sorry for not having the entire path in memory). But THAT was a normal pcked lot. What do I do whit this one? Creating it's own folder in dowloads and extract the *.package files from all archives into there? And how? I did try to open some of the "room" zip files in the program I use for extracting zip files but did get the error "List is out of bouds".
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 11:22 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 23rd Dec 2018 at 1:48 PM.
I'm not sure what this is, but I think they may be files for CC that go in those rooms, so that they need to be in Downloads.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 12:53 PM
You can't install rooms, that is CC. Place the CC in your Download folder wherever you want it.

The lot file itself will be a sims2Pack.

All lot files go to the teleport folder, the game reads it and moves it from there into the lot bin.

If the zip files won't open try updating WinRar. It's possible one contains the sims2pack.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can't install rooms, that is CC. Place the CC in your Download folder wherever you want it.

The lot file itself will be a sims2Pack.

All lot files go to the teleport folder, the game reads it and moves it from there into the lot bin.

If the zip files won't open try updating WinRar. It's possible one contains the sims2pack.

Ok, I will investigate a little more and see if I find a sims2Pack file. I felt very sick yesterday whit a cold and fever so I did not have the energy to look into it (or do anything else in general) but I'm better now.

I'm not using WinRAR but I can download it and try.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 10:36 AM
So long as your unzipping program is up to date it shouldn't matter. I mentioned updating WinRAR because you can't open rar files with the older version if the creator used the newer version. Hope you feel better.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 8:49 AM Last edited by Mrmo : 25th Dec 2018 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Solved
Hello again.

Yeah, I do feel better now. Thanks for your help all. I did search a little more and found that the achive "Art_Deco_Lot_Agatha.zip" (se pic in post one) holds a file named " RÐ’sidence Art DÐ’co AGATHA.Sims2Pack" so it might be the sims2Pack file I'm after. Now, I sit on my Linux computer right now whit the download on an USB stick and the Achive Maneger have some truobles open some of the folders. I downloaded the lot again in case the download process had an error last time and I'm going to use an other USB stick to move the files in case the one I use now is faulty (Windows claims it is). I do not have the time to play today but I can test tomorrow.

Edit: I think I found the error! I got two downloads whit similar names but as it seems, I have mixing them up. The download I thought was the "Art deco tower" was in fact a completely other download. By downloading the stuff from Maryata again and compareing the archives I did notice the differences. So this thread is a result of me being stupid but if I have not been investigating this I would never have known. Mark thread as Solved.