Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#7776 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 5:18 AM
@Phantomknight thanks! I'll bookmark that for sure :D
Advertisement
Inventor
#7777 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 6:27 PM
Maybe this has already been mentioned, but I thought it might be interesting if burglars could come to your lot anytime the residence is empty, instead of coming in only at night. I find it odd that they'd do so when it's more common for them to enter residences during the day when they think that everyone is at school or work. I know that there are ways to trigger them yourself or use ROS for it, but it'd be nice for the game to randomize the event.
Mad Poster
#7778 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
No problem Rosebine! And wow, always read the full page before you post,

@grammapat, I don't know where you got your fireplace from; my search terms must be all off, cuz I can't find a thing! I even used the wayback machine to take a look at simslice's hobo set and still nothing. @Prah, the closest thing I could find was Numenor's Fully animated multi-purpose Coal Stove.

=
The Numenor one IS the one I have

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#7779 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 7:16 PM
Oh, good grammapat; I thought I was missing something!

@Sketching, I did find dizzy2's Daily & Weekly Burglar on MTS, which would make help make the burglar more random. I didn't bring it up because the mod doesn't specifically help with Orphalesion's request to see them less often and because I wasn't sure how easy/hard modding it to make burglars less frequent would be. But, since you brought it up...

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Inventor
#7780 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 7:38 PM
@Sketching, I did find dizzy2's Daily & Weekly Burglar on MTS, which would make help make the burglar more random. I didn't bring it up because the mod doesn't specifically help with Orphalesion's request to see them less often and because I wasn't sure how easy/hard modding it to make burglars less frequent would be. But, since you brought it up...
Thanks, Phantomknight. I've tested that mod out before. I guess I can put the weekly version back in and maybe I'll be caught off guard. If I remember correctly, however, there was an instance wherein the the burglar came in anyway despite the household clearly having a party in the front yard in broad daylight. I was hoping it'd have checks such as an empty household being more likely to trigger them instead. I guess it's slightly realistic that burglars might enter occupied houses during the day though a bit ominous. You've given me something to think about.

Also, I'd be happy if we can make CAS families with different last names that aren't the household name either. I have the choice between naming everyone after the first sim's surname or giving them all the household name instead. I know that we have mods and SimPE for that, but why didn't they make it just like the University CAS?
Alchemist
#7781 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Also, I'd be happy if we can make CAS families with different last names that aren't the household name either. I have the choice between naming everyone after the first sim's surname or giving them all the household name instead. I know that we have mods and SimPE for that, but why didn't they make it just like the University CAS?

Agreed! I'm a little surprised that the main CAS wasn't upgraded after Uni, either, as the template is already there. And I'm guessing that such a thing must be hard coded, or else a modder would've touched it by now.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Theorist
#7782 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 7:57 PM
It's also a bother that we can't rename households in-game... it's odd when you have a household called, let's say "Goth" and every Sim living there actually has "Broke" for their last name, which is something that can easily happen in normal game-play.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#7783 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 10:36 PM
It's really bothersome when you have to go into SimPE every single time you change the house names because the household broke up due to marriage, move out or death.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Inventor
#7784 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 11:18 AM
It's 6 am and I can't sleep; I would like to see a mod that makes the 'console' and 'lecture' actions available. I've only seen the 'lecture' done at least three times in my game throughout the years and I stumbled upon the 'console' about a year ago. Both of these were done with free will on. I know someone here (their name escapes me at the moment) made a mod that makes all hidden actions autonomous (sliding down the stair rail, washing windows, stuff face, etc.), but I can't remember if they included the two I mentioned. I don't know it would be fun to use those .
Inventor
#7785 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
It's 6 am and I can't sleep; I would like to see a mod that makes the 'console' and 'lecture' actions available.

Lecture sims enabled here. I love it, but my sims tend to lecture others a lot on their own anyway.

I also agree about the household name change. Without SimPE, we have to go through the tedious process of moving sims in and out just to get the right name. I remember playing the Strangetown Singles and separating them just to get rid of the moniker.

I wish we could edit apartment common areas whenever we like even though there are residents about. I guess it's because of the way they're coded, but sometimes owners decide to do some landscaping on their own.
Inventor
#7786 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Lecture sims enabled here. I love it, but my sims tend to lecture others a lot on their own anyway.

:000! Now I can sleep , thank you!
Mad Poster
#7787 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 3:13 PM
I'm grateful for ya'll pointing me to that mod. I want my sims to lecture kids for jumping on the bed and playing in the rain!

Oh and the mods for window washing and some other autonomous hacks made directable is Gummilutt. She has a new one on the first page of downloads. check it out.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#7788 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 3:45 PM
Otherwise, I would suggest making sure someone in the household is awake at night, around midnight to 4 or 5 am. In the vanilla game, the burglar doesn't show up if at least one person is awake when the game runs that routine.

All those years I've been wondering why I haven't had a burglary in my ToT hood. Now I know. Thanks for that bit of information, Phantomknight.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Mad Poster
#7789 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 3:18 AM
Did you see my post in the other thread? I was going to mention it here myself. Something low-level like wolf whistle or charm.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#7790 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 3:22 AM
Oh, yeah, then if it was, we could infuence sims to get together without playing as them. Sounds nice.
Mad Poster
#7791 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 3:28 AM
The way it is at current makes it a bit useless, because the Sims would already have to love each other to accept a high-level flirt, and that defeats the purpose of using them in the first place!

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#7792 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 3:44 AM
@grammapat, I don't know where you got your fireplace from; my search terms must be all off, cuz I can't find a thing! I even used the wayback machine to take a look at simslice's hobo set and still nothing. @Prah, the closest thing I could find was Numenor's Fully animated multi-purpose Coal Stove.

Oh right, I had forgotten about this object! Would be cool if this could be cloned to the other fireplace then :D
Mad Poster
#7793 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
It's 6 am and I can't sleep; I would like to see a mod that makes the 'console' and 'lecture' actions available. I've only seen the 'lecture' done at least three times in my game throughout the years and I stumbled upon the 'console' about a year ago.

Console is on my look-at-list. If it's possible to enable it I will do so, at some point

Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
She has a new one on the first page of downloads. check it out.

:lovestruc :lovestruc

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Alchemist
#7794 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 4:18 PM
I wish Sims could view things behind short fences. I'm sure a lot of us have built a museum and put the exhibits behind velvet ropes only to find that the Sims couldn't view them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7795 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 12:07 AM
Yes, it's a pain, my sims can't view my touchpond at my ocean visitor centre.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#7796 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
It's really bothersome when you have to go into SimPE every single time you change the house names because the household broke up due to marriage, move out or death.

Or even changing a sim's last name. I have sims with complicated families- unmarried parents, hyphenated names. I wish you could to pick first and last name at birth instead of just first name.
Mad Poster
#7797 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 12:03 AM
@inspiredzone - the Sim Manipulator lets you change surnames even on non-selected Sims, if you weren't already aware.

Forum Resident
#7798 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 12:50 AM Last edited by inspiredzone : 25th Mar 2018 at 4:38 PM.
I use the Sim Blender to do it, but still. I just wish the game didn't assume all sim children would carry their mother's last name.
Field Researcher
#7799 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Console is on my look-at-list. If it's possible to enable it I will do so, at some point

Yes. Yes. YES. Please, do not let this idea escape your list :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#7800 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:12 AM
An option for placing steps on a diagonal foundation would be excellent. I've been playing the game for over a decade and only encountered this desire today, but when I searched Google for a solution to this problem, I saw that there was none.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Page 312 of 577