Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#2151 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Like, earthquakes in City Living. The screen shakes and nothing happens. Useless.

I don't understand the nature of them in TS4. It comes as a house trait. So, one house could feel earthquakes all the time but the one directly next to it will never feel them?? Yeahhh that's not how it works

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2152 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
I don't understand the nature of them in TS4. It comes as a house trait. So, one house could feel earthquakes all the time but the one directly next to it will never feel them?? Yeahhh that's not how it works

Strangely enough, there was one trait patched in (teen hangout) that affected the whole neighborhood, which nobody asked for, where the lot was presented. Kinda defines the point of a lot trait... well, just being that - a lot trait.
Mad Poster
#2154 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 11:32 PM
Why are people hating on the toddler bed so much? It's an additional bed for toddlers! Just because it can be carried in inventories doesn't mean it HAS to be. It's not like I have my Sims carrying a portable bar, stereo, dance mat, cooler and anything else that will fit in there just because the OPTION is there. Geeze. Just use it as a regular toddler bed to add to your choice of available styles.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#2155 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Why are people hating on the toddler bed so much? It's an additional bed for toddlers! Just because it can be carried in inventories doesn't mean it HAS to be. It's not like I have my Sims carrying a portable bar, stereo, dance mat, cooler and anything else that will fit in there just because the OPTION is there. Geeze. Just use it as a regular toddler bed to add to your choice of available styles.

I agree it's a neat thing to have, but where are people hating on the toddler bed? I'm confused.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#2156 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
Like I said, "generous" is a pretty strong word to use in the context of Sims 4. As for this bed, it's pretty useless without a paid game pack.

What other better with weaker connotation of an adjective that describes the same meaning would you recommend me using it? I would appreciate the alternatives.
Mad Poster
#2157 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
I agree it's a neat thing to have, but where are people hating on the toddler bed? I'm confused.

Directly above my post, Unsearchably stated that the bed was pointless unless you already owned OR, for one.

Lab Assistant
#2158 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44

I do have OR, but probably wouldn't take my toddlers on vacation - the toddler stage is challenging enough at home. Nonetheless, I'd be happy to get another toddler bed. (Of course, they could just make the existing beds portable.) The last patch only fixed one issue that affected an extension that I own, but it didn't make me angry that they fixed issues with vampires or pets. I see it as a bug fix for OR, really, not so much as free stuff that is only useful if you have a vacation pack. Making eggs and toast vegetarian-friendly was useless if you didn't have CL, but I didn't see anyone complaining that they gave people something 'free' that they could only use if they bought an expansion pack.

Come to think of it, it might be useful to pack up the bed during the day - when I was raising a toddler with automony on, I had to lock the bed in the mother's room a couple of times to keep her from going to bed when she wasn't tired enough, and still needed to eat and potty so that she would sleep through the night. Also, if you have a small house, packing up the bed would make space for toys during the day.
Scholar
#2159 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 6:17 PM
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense to complain about these offerings from EA - they finally improve a previous pack, even the base game as a preparation for existing and coming travel packs - it's very prudent way of doing it.

Simblr
Field Researcher
#2160 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 9:48 PM
Be careful, spoilers.
https://youtu.be/gLQ_TaFkyOc
Scholar
#2161 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 8:21 AM
Like I said, "generous" is a pretty strong word to use in the context of Sims 4. As for this bed, it's pretty useless without a paid game pack.

Why is that exactly? Maxis is patching in the ability for toddlers to use the tents from Outdoor Retreat. Presumably, the portable bed is meant to be helpful for players who don't own that pack.

Also, there are practical applications for a portable toddler bed. Like for example, your Sim owns a restaurant or retail lot and you need to bring the toddler to the lot, but you don't have living quarters there, but you have an office. So what do you do? In that office you could put some toys and the portable toddler bed so that they have a place to nap or sleep. Another example is if your Sim has a toddler that has nightmares, because of low Thinking skill. You could put the portable toddler bed in the parent's bedroom, so the toddler or parent Sim isn't getting up in the night to go to a different room.

These examples aren't so different from real life instances where you would use a portable crib or bed. I even had a crib for toddlers in Sims 3 from Around the Sims that looked like a portable crib that I used to place in my living rooms, so if my toddler needed to rest, they didn't have to be isolated in the crib in their room.

A portable toddler bed being added for free is a stupid thing to complain about. If you're going to complain about something, it should be the fact that it took Maxis this long to patch the tents from Outdoor Retreat to work for toddlers. That should have been a given when toddlers were patched in over a year ago.
Scholar
#2162 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Why is that exactly? Maxis is patching in the ability for toddlers to use the tents from Outdoor Retreat. Presumably, the portable bed is meant to be helpful for players who don't own that pack.

Also, there are practical applications for a portable toddler bed. Like for example, your Sim owns a restaurant or retail lot and you need to bring the toddler to the lot, but you don't have living quarters there, but you have an office. So what do you do? In that office you could put some toys and the portable toddler bed so that they have a place to nap or sleep. Another example is if your Sim has a toddler that has nightmares, because of low Thinking skill. You could put the portable toddler bed in the parent's bedroom, so the toddler or parent Sim isn't getting up in the night to go to a different room.

These examples aren't so different from real life instances where you would use a portable crib or bed. I even had a crib for toddlers in Sims 3 from Around the Sims that looked like a portable crib that I used to place in my living rooms, so if my toddler needed to rest, they didn't have to be isolated in the crib in their room.

A portable toddler bed being added for free is a stupid thing to complain about. If you're going to complain about something, it should be the fact that it took Maxis this long to patch the tents from Outdoor Retreat to work for toddlers. That should have been a given when toddlers were patched in over a year ago.

You said it better than I did. The disagree fairy didn't like my way.

Simblr
Scholar
#2163 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 10:15 AM
You said it better than I did. The disagree fairy didn't like my way.

Don't worry, they probably won't like mine either!
Scholar
#2165 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 12:16 PM
You just answered your own question. It's meant for people who already paid extra, to the rest it's just more clutter, it doesn't serve any purpose that existing toddler beds can't. You can place a regular toddle bed on your restaurant lot beforehand, you don't need a portable one.

It not a major issue. It's not even an issue really. But it's not generosity either, and you're not helping anyone by giving them undeserved positive feedback, especially when the game still has a lot of problems.

There's just no reasoning with people like you.
Mad Poster
#2166 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 1:19 PM
You can deny it still has value. "You can place it beforehand" - and what If I didn't do that beforehand ? More so having to spend the twice simoleans twice for two beds in two differents oppose to simply stuffing the bed in the inventory and quickly place it down where the tot is at and thus saving sim cash. It's still a gif nonetheless when they could have made it exclusive to JA GP, so you take it that those who purchase outdoor retreat would be fine purchasing another pack for ONE PORTABLE TODDLER BED.
Scholar
#2167 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
You can deny it still has value. "You can place it beforehand" - and what If I didn't do that beforehand ? More so having to spend the twice simoleans twice for two beds in two differents oppose to simply stuffing the bed in the inventory and quickly place it down where the tot is at and thus saving sim cash. It's still a gif nonetheless when they could have made it exclusive to JA GP, so you take it that those who purchase outdoor retreat would be fine purchasing another pack for ONE PORTABLE TODDLER BED.

I don't think the troll understands the portable toddler bed is free. No one has to buy it. I know I wouldn't buy a pack for just a portable toddler bed. I have my limits. Sleeping bags, on the other hand are a different story. I think the troll needs to find a more productive way to spend their time than complain about a free toddler bed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2169 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Strangely enough, there was one trait patched in (teen hangout) that affected the whole neighborhood, which nobody asked for, where the lot was presented. Kinda defines the point of a lot trait... well, just being that - a lot trait.

I pointed out something similar a while back, as some traits made sense in neighborhoods, not a specific lot. For example, the Good School lot trait, or whatever it’s called... how is that lot specific? Especially in apartments.

Why not have both lot and hood traits, and even world traits?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#2170 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 8:41 PM
I personally will find the portable toddler bed to be very useful, even outside of OR gameplay. It will be very helpful to keep one in the inventory of a parent that owns a business for example, or is going to other lots. I definitely will be using it with any existing or future travel packs. I don't really like having to go and redecorate lots I visit in the vacation world, so this is perfect. I wish we could have portable potty chairs aswell.

Simblr
Scholar
#2171 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 10:03 PM
I personally will find the portable toddler bed to be very useful, even outside of OR gameplay. It will be very helpful to keep one in the inventory of a parent that owns a business for example, or is going to other lots. I definitely will be using it with any existing or future travel packs. I don't really like having to go and redecorate lots I visit in the vacation world, so this is perfect. I wish we could have portable potty chairs aswell.

Portable potty chairs is a good idea! That could actually be a simple override with Sims 4 Studio. I think I'll investigate this since I don't think a portable one would look much different from the cheapest potty chair.
Scholar
#2172 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Portable potty chairs is a good idea! That could actually be a simple override with Sims 4 Studio. I think I'll investigate this since I don't think a portable one would look much different from the cheapest potty chair.

Yay, I didn't think it could actually be done by modders, I should've learned by now.

Simblr
Mad Poster
#2173 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 11:03 PM
Can modders modify existing lot traits?
Mad Poster
#2174 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 11:05 PM
Yay, I didn't think it could actually be done by modders, I should've learned by now.

Making things portable is quite easy with S4Studio. it just introduces the possibility that a future patch might break them if the tuning ever gets changed.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2175 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 3:36 AM
I know it was a simple flag (true or false) in TS3. I'd be surprised if it's more complex in TS4.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Page 87 of 185