Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#5526 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 3:38 AM
Use the url I posted, @Rosebine . Like for this thread I have in my address bar: https://www.modthesims.info/show...6&goto=lastpost You just need the classic. before the modthesims.info and the rest of whatever it is. It's a very . . . I guess Windows 98 sort of look? Flat and clean. And you can't sort for Sims 4, because it wasn't updated for that. We used to have trouble with it not showing recent forum posts until we posted in the thread, but Delphy seems to've fixed that, I haven't seen that or anyone else complaining about that for a long time. (Thanks, Delphy!)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5527 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 3:43 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 25th Feb 2018 at 3:58 AM.
What url? You haven't posted any...
You typed this : classic.modthesims.info

Oh boy! lol, No thanks..

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
#5528 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:09 AM
"Lamare: For anyone who has UC and gets "Fatal Error - Can not find Sims 2 data path". Temporarily change "The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection" to "The Sims 2" in your documents. You can change it back after HCDU has done it's thing."

Genius. Why didn't I think of this before? Now I can use the Hack Conflict Detection Utility.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#5529 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:42 AM
I posted my discontent with the update on this thread. If you guys hate it, I would let him know. Maybe if lots of us make clear it did not improve things he'll consider making it optional, or revamping it taking feedback from us on what's wrong with it, like when he overhauled the site.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Inventor
#5530 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:57 AM
It's sunk in that sims get chips from the fridge. I didn't realize that this was a thing. I thought people place them in cabinets or something of the sort (or you know, hidden away where no else can find them).

(My exposure is mostly limited to seafood and rice crackers and those don't too well refrigerated, but I haven't seen a movie with refrigerated chips either.)
Mad Poster
#5531 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:08 AM
Cookies don't really belong in the fridge either, unless they're coated with chocolate and it's the middle of the summer.

You may like this. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=574606

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5532 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:15 AM
Yeah, sims are strange ones with their fridge chips.
But then in the one X-Men movie, they were keeping bottles of soda pop in the cupboard, so maybe sims aren't the only strange ones!
Mad Poster
#5533 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:21 AM
If you buy a bunch of soda pop on sale there's often not enough room to stick 10 or 12 bottles in the fridge at once. So in the cupboard it goes until the one in the fridge runs out. But drinking warm pop? Yuck.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5534 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:40 AM
Actually drinking warm ginger ale, slowly, is a pretty good way to settle a queasy stomach.

In the general way of things, though, no. You sure it was soda they were getting out of the cupboard? Because I understand there's some microbrews that are supposed to be served warm rather than cold.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5535 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
But drinking warm pop? Yuck.

Iceman blew on the pop to cool it down. And by "on" I mean he blew right down the open neck of the bottle, right into the pop. He was not the one drinking it either. As far as I could tell it was an awkward, clunky way to show off his ice powers. Ended up looking kinda gay, tho.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You sure it was soda they were getting out of the cupboard? Because I understand there's some microbrews that are supposed to be served warm rather than cold.

Yep! Wolverine asks "You got any beer?" and Iceman says, "This is a school," then says, "there should be some soda in the cupboard." Wolverine pulls out a bottle of soda, uncaps it, and then hold it out to Iceman who blows on/into it, leaving frost all over the glass bottle.
Inventor
#5536 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
But then in the one X-Men movie, they were keeping bottles of soda pop in the cupboard, so maybe sims aren't the only strange ones!

Oh, yeah - X2 X-Men United. It's good that they have Ice Man, but if he wasn't there, I can't imagine willingly drinking warm soda either.

I remember that we had a field trip to a factory in the city long ago and they gave us hot soda, on an especially humid day when the AC on the bus was broken.

The only ginger ale I've seen is Canada Dry. I thought it was an odd name at first... I tend to use rice water more since I cook rice every day anyway.
Theorist
#5537 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 9:31 AM
Canada Dry used to be my favourite drink when I was younger (I dislike ginger though).

There was an French advertisement:
It looks like alcohol, it seems like alcohol but it isn't alcohol.

Random thought: I keep postponing things to do in game involving building but I no longer can.
Business lots need to be build, existing lots need upgrades and sims need a job to pay taxes and bills.
Theorist
#5538 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
If you buy a bunch of soda pop on sale there's often not enough room to stick 10 or 12 bottles in the fridge at once. So in the cupboard it goes until the one in the fridge runs out. But drinking warm pop? Yuck.

The X-Men movies were weird because they made it seem like they are housing hundreds of teenagers in one New England manor (which also featured enough classrooms and offices and stuff to run a school) and feeding them all with one kitchen (who's even cooking for their army of kids? Jean and Storm? Is that why they don't get any screen time beyond a stupid one liner and being the pathetic token love interest?). Well the X-Men movies were weird and bad for a lot of reasons, but only this one is related to soda. So yes, it's not unthinkable that they had to store some bottles of soda in a cupboard.

And Ice Men is canonically a bit...dumb...so he'd be the guy to just blow on your drink to make it cold.

On giner ale and other soda; I can't really say one way or the other; my stomach doesn't like anything carbonated, not even water.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5539 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
What is the classic look, and how do i change it, or where? All I see is..
Bootstrap
Bootstrap - BlueFish (I have)
Bootstrap - Slate.

You have to change the url manually - it's no longer available as a clickable option.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#5540 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:51 AM
I'm wondering why I can't do barn roofs today.
Just spend two hours trying with no success and it's making me angry.
I really don't understand what I'm missing with this tutorial: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=156028

I did those a few years ago though.
Inventor
#5541 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:59 AM
Isn't blowing on the bottle more work than just freezing it as he holds it?

Another random thought: I'm surprised cockroaches don't fly or crawl up on objects in the game. I definitely lose aspiration points every time I see them!

Theorist
#5542 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I'm wondering why I can't do barn roofs today.
Just spend two hours trying with no success and it's making me angry.
I really don't understand what I'm missing with this tutorial: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=156028

I did those a few years ago though.

Looking at my pics makes me find the answer. I don't even need to use the cfe cheat which is a relieve.
I'm not a builder after all.
Mad Poster
#5543 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:44 PM
I don't think I've found a bedroom yet where the Caress of Teak bed looks out of place.

Mad Poster
#5544 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:02 AM
Something about blizzards outside always makes me play apocalypse challenges. I can't imagine what about snow in real life makes me want more snow in game . . .

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#5545 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 4:27 PM
Should I feel guilty for having, like, 3 male hairs and 300 female hairs?
Mad Poster
#5546 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 4:30 PM
Oh yes, you should! (go back to your room)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Inventor
#5547 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Should I feel guilty for having, like, 3 male hairs and 300 female hairs?

I would've said something about the sheer number of hairs, but I'd be calling the kettle black with 3, 074 wall coverings and 650 beddings...
Mad Poster
#5548 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:32 PM
Pideli, you should never be ashamed of playing your game your way. It's not your fault people don't make more male hairs that you like.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#5549 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 11:13 PM
Curious. If you search the Internet for the name of this thread " What's in the future for Sims 2 " you can find the book "Developments in Current Game-Based Learning Design and Deployment".

https://books.google.com.ua/books?i...IJTAA#v=onepage

Chapter 13. There is written about Sims 2. About how this game helps "to model your personality in the future."

At the beginning of the chapter there is a complete enumeration of what is in the "system of personality" Sims 2.

It is interesting that Sims 2 is taken as an example, because the book of 2012 and already was Sims 3. This means that Sims 2 is regarded by some scientists as a serious "personality simulator".

Cool, when games are seen as a means for learning, and not as simple games.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5550 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza
It is interesting that Sims 2 is taken as an example, because the book of 2012 and already was Sims 3. This means that Sims 2 is regarded by some scientists as a serious "personality simulator"

Well, not as much as you might think - lead in times for academic publishing often number in years. Much longer, on the whole, than regular publishing.

Still it is interesting that it's been used in a study though I'll have to read and see if it's about self-sims which I always feel is a fairly limited aspect of the game.

Reading the abstract - it seems to be about some psychological experiment with teenage boys and young men.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Page 222 of 515