Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

Orphalesion

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 13th Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
Replies: 3395 (Who?), Viewed: 159710 times.
Page 115 of 136
Lab Assistant
#2851 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 8:03 AM
Matthew Hamilton just completed his first novel. He pretty much ignored his wife's entire existence to finish it, but he seems fine with that.

It's called: The Way Up - Vol. 1

The back cover blurb reads:

First time author, Matthew Hamilton, chronicles his journal through the sometimes nasty and cut-throat ranks of the political world. Hamilton started out as a File Clerk in the Sim City Municipal Offices. Due to his uncanny skill for filing, Hamilton was quickly promoted to Intern. The journey can only be described as a how-to in "getting a leg up."

"I was riveted from the first line. Hamilton makes filing as exciting as llama racing!" - Sandy Machado of the Sim City Chronicle

There is fate. But it only takes you so far, because once you're there, it's up to you to make it happen. - Angel Stripper "Can't Hardly Wait"
Instructor
#2852 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 10:29 AM
Personally I like my makeovers of houses in Pleasantview but I keep forgetting to write the housenames and prices .____________.
But makeovers are enjoyable AHAHAHA

I build small houses *^*
Alchemist
#2853 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 12:47 PM
Woops. I replayed a few houses in my neighbourhood by accident (I thought it was a bit weird that I was already back to the Martin/Goodie/Burb families) and now I've messed up my rotation a little. Not to worry, I just won't play those households next time.

Anyway, aside from replaying.
Mercutio Monty caught his wife, Miranda having an affair with her old college professor! Sometimes, my sims work things out... other times... they don't. Mercutio broke up with her on the spot, and she moved out leaving her twins behind. She's currently searching for a last name since she's no longer allowed to be a Monty, and can't return to "Capp" because... well... she married the Monty heir so she's not exactly on speaking terms with the rest of the family.

Speaking of break-ups, since Sandra Broke (Roth) cottoned on to Rick and Angela (Pleasant) Contrary holding their daughter (/Rick's step-daughter) and grandson (/Rick's son.... yep....) hostage in a hidden secret room for the majority of their life, the household has of course broken down. Rick and Angela divorced and Rick skipped town straight after. Angela hates him, and plans on moving elsewhere and changing her and their daughter's names. The daughter (Bea) who was locked away ended up moving in with Sandra, who just happened to be married to Bea's biological father, Dustin. It didn't take long for him to realise his adopted teen daughter is actually his real daughter, as they look almost identical. Plus, after Dustin and Sandra struggled for years with unexplained infertility, Sandra has finally become pregnant.
Sounds great, right?... well... sadly not. This rotation, a fire broke out from a train-set, killing townie Ivy Copur (adult) and despite Sandra trying to save her, there was no use. Ivy is officially the first sim to die in my game without having any children. I'm thinking of resurrecting her at a later time, but for now her grave is outside the house.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#2854 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 1:31 PM
Lately, my sims have all been stupid. What is it about sims women that makes them forget how to eat when they are hungry? Mary Aires, who seemed to be a perfectly normal girl, was assigned Evan Tinker as a spouse because she won the baby lottery. They weren't all that thrilled with each other (making the retching sounds when you see your spouse is probably not the indicator of a healthy marriage). But he wanted another child now that his daughter, Christmas, is a teenager and on her own. So...evening falls and Mary's a bit peckish. She goes to the bathroom. She takes a shower. She sits down to read. She dies. WTF? The kitchen is RIGHT THERE!

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Forum Resident
#2855 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 4:56 PM Last edited by kanzen : 2nd Feb 2018 at 5:07 PM.
@smorbie1 I think she rather die than spend another waking moment with him. I mean, he wants another baby. She has to put up with that =))

--

I finally finished my beach house and was about to upload it here until I remembered that I had loads of pay content in that lot
I thought I'd make an unfurnished version to be safe but the gazebo's entire roof is pay content OTL oh well
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2856 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 6:45 PM
LOL! The baby was a forgone conclusion, ordered by the Council. It was conceived via artificial insemination (insim), so she didn't have to worry about getting physical with him.

Scholar
#2857 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 6:56 PM
in my BACC hood Oday Cove the founder branch periwinkle (strange i know) married sandy bruty and they have twins shrub and dye (shrub is the male dye is the female) the worst thing is how since the parents are THREE BOLT ROMANCE SIMS they are left to play with the activity table,branch and sandy constantly move the kids to the wrong crib then the right one then the wrong etc its chaos

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
cats are better than humans and shall takeover earth in a couple of centuries after they evolve.
Mad Poster
#2858 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 7:47 PM
They don't care what crib the kid goes in, and that drives me nuts.

Alchemist
#2859 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 8:30 PM
@Bigsimsfan12

Miranda's dad's last name before he married into the Capp matriarchy was Norman. Miranda gets to double thumb her nose at her mother's family. I could definitely see her doing that.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#2860 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 8:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbee
@Bigsimsfan12

Miranda's dad's last name before he married into the Capp matriarchy was Norman. Miranda gets to double thumb her nose at her mother's family. I could definitely see her doing that.

Ah! Brilliant! I wish I had seen this post earlier. I just googled Shakespeare names and she ended up with the last name Burgandy. Now I might change it to Norman. She never got on with her mother, but is still in touch with her father even after marrying a Monty. It would've made sense!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#2861 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 12:46 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:43 PM.
The Cullen family had literally just birthed their Council-ordered triplets when the last rotation ended. When I checked in this time, Kaylynn (who looks quite different post nuclear incident) was still standing there holding one. Naturally, my entrance coincided with the Council's arrival to notify them of another baby lottery win. The couple experienced mixed emotions. Shawn was tickled because he wasn't the one who just gave birth. Kaylynn would have been more open to the idea if their children were more than a minute old. Nevertheless, one does as the Council demands, and they both did want big families.

However, this left them with 0 money to pay their taxes. Since this was the first tax problem they had, the Council just sent them a room mate. Another failure will, of course, mean exile to the prison subhood, Nowhere.

Here's the deal. They sent Danielle Lillard. I really don't like her. It's the combination of the dreads and the frog lips. I wish they had a surgery center, so I could fix her mouth. But, she's definitely going to the hair salon at Gussy Up's ASAP.

Another problem is that the house is small. There's a bed upstairs, but Kaylynn and Shawn haven't really hit it off, and she's been sleeping on the couch. Not a lot of room for for a lounge chair. I'd hate for Froggy to have to sleep standing up. Or would I?

Instructor
#2862 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:05 PM
I rebuilt 2 houses in pleasantview today 50 Middle Lane to 23.523 (fully furnished) and 30 Lakeside Drive to 26.026 (also fully furnished)
I feel happy with the outcome of modern country side houses.
Screenshots

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#2863 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:21 PM
I like those. The one on the right looks like a happy, little house. I have no talent for rebuilding. You know they have had a contest on here for rebuilders. You might want to check out those threads.

Instructor
#2864 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
I like those. The one on the right looks like a happy, little house. I have no talent for rebuilding. You know they have had a contest on here for rebuilders. You might want to check out those threads.

I actually use the original house shells but change anything inside and outside mostly since like
The houseshells are good it is just the layout/exucution there is bad for maxis
So for fun I just spend time
Idk yet if I should upload the houses /w\/

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
#2865 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 4:43 PM
After a long period of grueling work and slaving away at the robotics station, Tina has finally gained the coveted Gold Robotics badge. (And it's the first time I earned it legitimately, too!) Now she can create the robotic spouse she always wanted
Scholar
#2866 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 6:52 PM
i just had an entire family in my bacc hood wiped out by a fire,i didnt save of course but who wouldn't? the only survivor was a newborn baby and first to die was a child.it was sad.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
cats are better than humans and shall takeover earth in a couple of centuries after they evolve.
Instructor
#2867 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 8:05 PM
First Rick Contrary and now Lilith Pleasant...I've never had even one teen run away before in all the years I've been playing, and now it seems to be becoming the fashion in Greater Pleasantview! The difference in the parents' reactions took me totally by surprise: Edward and Opal didn't seem all that bothered, although I had Edward ring the police eventually because he rolled some wants for positive interactions with his son; Mary-Sue went running after Lilith, bawling her eyes out, and has barely stopped crying since - she even got up at 3 am and started crying again, and Angela was the same (Daniel is still in prison, hence no reaction from him). Seeing this, I of course had Mary-Sue call the police at once, but 22 hours later there's still no sign of Lilith. Silly girl; she only had 26 hours from when she ran away until she could legally have left home or gone to university anyway. Edward Contrary came round while Mary-Sue was on the phone, almost as if he wanted to form a support group, and Dirk Dreamer came looking for Lilith the next morning, hanging around the house for several hours without even ringing the doorbell, as if waiting for the police to show up with her.

Meanwhile, I've had two "long-lost" Sims come home. Joseph Grimmson decided to move back in with his mother, since his identity was revealed at General Buzz's murder trial, but is now wondering if there's actually room for him, as Olive already has Buck Vandermorgan (Grunt) and is considering using her magic cat to bring in Rick and Lilith. But at least Rupert (Ripp) has left for college now - even though Buzz was given a dishonourable discharge and stripped of rank, the Powers that Be decided the boys should still be eligible for the Military Generations College Tuition Bursary, which covers their fees for two years at college.

Bella Goth is the other one who's come home, to Mortimer's great delight. She was there for Alexander's birthday, and has persuaded Cassandra to put off that black dress and wear something more cheerful. The only slight hitch was that she came back younger than Cassandra, so I've had to use "set to birthday" and she'll age up on the next rotation. I kind of hate doing that to her, but she really can't be younger than her own daughter!
Mad Poster
#2868 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 9:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnayaW
I actually use the original house shells but change anything inside and outside mostly since like
The houseshells are good it is just the layout/exucution there is bad for maxis
So for fun I just spend time
Idk yet if I should upload the houses /w\/

That's what the contest was, to take the shells and make something better inside.

Instructor
#2869 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
That's what the contest was, to take the shells and make something better inside.

Yeah but this is more a for fun projects really -w-'

I build small houses *^*
Link Ninja
#2870 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:17 AM
Boo, I noticed today no less than two lots were missing from each sub hood inexplicably, some were community lots, some were owned businesses and a few were occupied family homes *corruption from years ago is catching up with me? Probably*. Well I restored hood from the back up I made two weeks ago and everything is there so...shrug for now, don't know if I did something to cause it or it just decided to bork up the last week or so.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Inventor
#2871 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 9:04 AM
Jupe graduated from college with honours, got married to a townie by the name of Vanessa with a big smustle party and had twins, both girls! Life is good for this family.
Mad Poster
#2872 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 5:23 PM
Yay, love it when they're happy.

Alexa has not been happy. She had a pretty hard rotation. She had been happily jumping from man to man. She was waiting for a rich one to wander by when her country was invaded by Elsewhere. Okay, that meant she had to get a job. She could deal with that. She was a sports agent; it gave her access to a lot of wealthy men. She felt invincible, thought she could slide under the radar.

Then she won the baby lottery. Crap. That meant a spouse would be provided for her.

She crowed with delight when she was introduced to First Maccabees Smith. Her's an old man, she thought. I'll just be inseminated, pop this kid out, and leave it with him.

He began spending money like it was going out of style. Uh oh. She was worried she wouldn't have enough money to pay their taxes. Also, she didn't like being pregnant.

They missed tax season and Alaska Janackova was plucked from her children to live with them. Alexa ignored her just as she ignored First Maccabees.

Unfortunately, she lost the baby. She didn't care. She was still healthy, so she was inseminated again. She lost that baby as well. She's still okay, but is kind of hoping the Council will forget about the baby.

They wont', but she doesn't know that. She thinks she's home free. Now, she thinks how can I rid myself of the old man and the whiner?

Alchemist
#2873 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 6:38 PM
The minute I moved Flamenco and Nighat in, ACR kicked in and they ACR tried for baby. I heard baby chimes and checked the ACR pregnancy scanner. The pregnancy scanner showed one baby, so I used the Sim manipulator to make the pregnancy twins. Flamenco and Nighat both got jobs, and both rolled the want to go on vacation. They had an ok vacation on Twikki Island.

Not much happened during Nighat's pregnancy. Flamenco and Nighat skilled for their jobs, and I filled various wants for Benazir and Tariq. Benazir and Tariq are 3 days away from becoming elders, and since both are permaplat I imagine they will have quite a few days once they become elders.

I saved right as Nighat went into labor, which was a good thing because this time the game decided not to cooperate right away. It kept giving me twin boys, or boy/girl twins. It took many, many tries before the dang thing finally gave me girl/girl twins. These are the time when I wish there was a Sims 2 version of Master Controller that could force baby gender. Dina and Nina were finally born, although born in game Dina is not going to look like she does in Pleasanview out of the box. In this version of Pleasantview, she will have blonde hair and alien eyes. Looking at Nina's DNA in SimPE it looks like she will have red hair and green eyes.
Mad Poster
#2874 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 12:06 AM
Yeah, I know I wouldn't have the patience to play the beginning neighborhoods the way they are meant to be played, though I really admire you for doing so. I think I'll just ignore the rules like I do with all the Eaxis premades.

"Well, isn't this just GREAT!", thought Jeff sarcastically, as he looked around at the green sky of his new home. Because of that stupid woman he is now in the prison hood for life. "I'm the head of all the businesses in the whole darn country, and I'm in prison, without, literally, a pot to pee in, and I'm still pregnant".

It all started with the baby lottery. Jeff didn't want a baby, but he thought it might be interesting. Depended upon whom his partner was going to be. Imagine his joy when the Council representative dropped off elder Tiffany Zarubin. Of course, this meant Jeff was the one being inseminated, and he was going to have to have the baby. Naturally, he hated Tiffany. He stalked off without a word and never exchanged so much as a grunt with her. Tiffany, on the other hand, had a yowza! moment when she met him. He is kind of cute.

She waited until she heard the door slam the next morning, and then she hotfooted it to the secret genie hiding area. She wasn't caught and was successful in her request to be made a witch. She then turned back the clock and became a young adult, thinking she might win Jeff's heart. She was kind of excited about her new status so she played with the cauldron awhile, and then tried a spell. The Council caught her. They exterminated her and exiled her husband to the prison hood. He wasn't even there when it happened, but the Council enforces its rules.

Inventor
#2875 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 1:33 AM
Aaaand we have ANOTHER set of twins! So 4 adult Sims and 4 young Sims on the same lot to micromanage.....this is going to be chaos!
Page 115 of 136