1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 6:21 PM
That toddlers can fear fish dying in an aquarium. I hardly ever have aquariums, so this was new to me!
Advertisement
Theorist
#102 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 7:36 PM
Felipe London, Family sim, rolled the want to woohoo three times in public. I checked. He doesn't have a secondary aspiration.
Forum Resident
#103 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 8:45 PM
No mods/cheats and only three expansion packs are really hard to get used to when you are used to hundreds of mods/hacks/cc as well as the complete sims 2 series. I think I am going to lose my mind here!

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Theorist
#104 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 6:13 AM
This isn't something I just learned, but rather learned a week or so ago. I mentioned it and possibly posted a picture but this one is much better. This is a picture of the 'Far away greet'. I never saw it until just recently and now have seen it 4-5 times. What expansion pack is this from? First few times it was from across lots, this one only has 3 tiles between them. It's quite funny to watch as they enthusiastically shout greetings to each other.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Scholar
#105 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 6:35 AM
@Duine: Cool, isn't it? It's an AL feature, if I recall correctly. Or perhaps M&G.

Quote: Originally posted by Roseblossom90
No mods/cheats and only three expansion packs are really hard to get used to when you are used to hundreds of mods/hacks/cc as well as the complete sims 2 series. I think I am going to lose my mind here!

I sympathise. It sounds like hell! How did that happen, though?

Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Felipe London, Family sim, rolled the want to woohoo three times in public. I checked. He doesn't have a secondary aspiration.

That's normal, but it usually only happens after the sim has had a public woohoo at least once before. If you don't act on it, they will eventually lose interest, though.
Field Researcher
#106 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 12:01 PM
I'd say it's from either Bon Voyage or Apartment Life, don't remember which though.
Theorist
#107 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 8:03 PM
BoilingOil, yes, I love that action. Nervous Subject was the first one I saw.

Essa, I've seen family sims roll a lot of wants very similar to romance. Some will roll woohoo, woohoo in bed, car and public all at one time. The car one is difficult as my sims never own them, rarely take a taxi now and use carpool for work or just walk to lots. Maybe someday we'll have a non-working car with the other options still available. It would be great for an out of the way make out community lot. For example they could watch the submarine races . . . (:

Mad Poster
#108 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 8:22 PM
Family sims are just as ardent as Romance ones. That's why it's so easy to make Peter and Samantha work.

Yesterday I was playing development a new hood, and even though I'm cheating the characters quickly through their lives to the starting point, I wanted to mark a particular elder birthday with a party memory. Didn't matter to me what kind of party! So I had Lionel call the party with only two hours left before work started, blow out the candles right away, and then left them to it.

Lionel basically blew out the candles, ate the cake, and left; but the party kept right on going without him. Raised the roof, too! I'd kind of expected them to disperse and for Lionel to remember his party as a bad one.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#109 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
BoilingOil, yes, I love that action. Nervous Subject was the first one I saw.

Essa, I've seen family sims roll a lot of wants very similar to romance. Some will roll woohoo, woohoo in bed, car and public all at one time. The car one is difficult as my sims never own them, rarely take a taxi now and use carpool for work or just walk to lots. Maybe someday we'll have a non-working car with the other options still available. It would be great for an out of the way make out community lot. For example they could watch the submarine races . . . (:

As long as you aren't driving it anywhere then a normal car can work as the above quite easily.
Theorist
#110 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 4:48 AM
Cool, would it need an extension to place it on?

Mad Poster
#111 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 5:38 AM
Cool, would it need an extension to place it on?

I would think so, but if you aren't driving it you might be able to do it with move objects. You'd have to test and find out.
Forum Resident
#112 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 7:03 AM Last edited by Ather : 25th Mar 2016 at 7:03 AM. Reason: Yaaaay, grammar!
Holy cow, two shy Sims using the "Charm" interaction is absolutely adorable.

I think I'm going to cry, it's so cute.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Scholar
#113 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 9:00 AM
I always love seeing that, @Ather. Shy sims are really the cutest, whereas outgoing sims often annoy me with their brazen, rude directness.
Mad Poster
#114 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I would think so, but if you aren't driving it you might be able to do it with move objects. You'd have to test and find out.

It works for a few sim hours but then you'll get a pop up about a car trying to return to the lot (even though the car is still there). That will disabled build/buy, and it won't come back (because the phantom car never appears).

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#115 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 2:52 PM
Riverblossom Hills is set on Winter/Spring/Fall/Winter again automatically (sounds like my kind of weather...)
Theorist
#116 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
That's normal, but it usually only happens after the sim has had a public woohoo at least once before. If you don't act on it, they will eventually lose interest, though.

I have something like 12 family sims out of 78 adults (I'm so tired that words don't come in English) and this was the first time I'm seeing this want. Felipe's girlfriend is also family and since she

Essa, I've seen family sims roll a lot of wants very similar to romance. Some will roll woohoo, woohoo in bed, car and public all at one time.

Well I'm sometimes under the feeling that I'm not very observant with my sims. I'm sure my Family sims don't roll "woohoo in public" though. Anyway, they often roll the other woohoo related wants. ;-)

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Family sims are just as ardent as Romance ones. That's why it's so easy to make Peter and Samantha work.

I don't know much about Maxis playables.
I'm a ACR player and I tweaked the mod to make my sims less promiscuous. In my game Knowledge and Popularity sims are more ardent than Romance ones though.

I always love seeing that, @Ather. Shy sims are really the cutest, whereas outgoing sims often annoy me with their brazen, rude directness.

I second what BO said. I heart shy sims. I also like to see them dancing. And I also love mean sims.
Scholar
#117 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 8:21 PM
I have something like 12 family sims out of 78 adults (I'm so tired that words don't come in English) and this was the first time I'm seeing this want. Felipe's girlfriend is also family and since she

Since she... what? I'm curious how that sentence was meant to end...

I second what BO said. I heart shy sims. I also like to see them dancing. And I also love mean sims.

Yeah, shy sims dancing... they're often really way too embarrassed to move much at all... Just a very subtle little swaying motion is all they dare to do. So sweet, so gentle. <3 :lovestruc
Scholar
#118 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 11:05 PM
For some reason I am not seeing the last post in this thread.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Scholar
#119 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 11:24 PM
@SciBirg: users of the modern default theme (www.modthesims.info) often don't see the last post, if it's made with the classic theme (classic.modthesims.info). And vice versa. I'm on the classic theme, because I'm comfortable with that and can't stand change very well. Temporarily switching themes helps a little, but it can be annoying.

I agree that it shouldn't be like that. Posts made in one theme should not be incompatible with the other theme. But apparently, it can't be helped (yet).
Mad Poster
#120 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 11:25 PM
I didn't either till you posted. Boiling Oil has a problem I'm also seeing with Jo - some of their posts are invisible to some readers till someone posts after them. I think it's a conflict between the two possible display modes the newsgroup has.

I love shy sims dancing and flirting, but I love the superoutgoing bodylanguage just as much. Moderate sims have boring body language!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#121 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 11:45 PM
I had posted about this in the site questions in Feb. Delphy said he fixed it and for a while it was working. Then a couple weeks ago it started actin up again. I just updated my post to hopefully get Delphy's attention again
Theorist
#122 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 11:48 PM
Since she... what? I'm curious how that sentence was meant to end...

Ok, I'm so tired that I didn't notice my sentence wasn't finished and writing in English is difficult for me in that case.
So, since day one at uni, Felipe's girlfriend only wants to get engaged to him. That sounds more Family to me.
Mad Poster
#123 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 1:32 AM
Shy Sims flirting - one of my all time favourite animations Topped only by an elder male standing up straight and pulling in his tummy when a romance female passes by!
Mad Poster
#124 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 1:51 AM
From the Wiki:
Quote:
Bella Squared Record: If you look at the DJ booth, on the left-hand side where there are a stack of records arranged horizontally in a cage, rearrange the camera so it is looking at the one facing out from the booth, it will be a picture of the Bella Squared painting.

Also according to a youtube video, if you put the Bella Squared painting somewhere in Strangetown, Bella will come onto the lot - but I can't find any evidence for this on the wiki so I think it's just a rumour.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#125 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Also according to a youtube video, if you put the Bella Squared painting somewhere in Strangetown, Bella will come onto the lot - but I can't find any evidence for this on the wiki so I think it's just a rumour.

probably the uploader was lucky at the time. does it "work" in Pleasantview?

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Page 5 of 442