Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#126 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 11:43 AM
That a sim can randomly gain skill points during a date. Twelfth love got a cleaning point, right after he and his date had been wohooing in a car. I'm not sure I want to know.

I am Error.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#127 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 1:09 PM
I've had that happen many a time after someone's dated a Neat sim. It only seems to be Cleaning skill that gets passed on this way, at least in my experience. Given the amount of WooHoo some of my sims have had on dates, I'd have thought a bonus point of Body skill wouldn't have gone amiss.
Mad Poster
#128 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 1:34 PM
I've had Sims pick up cleaning tips....from a Sim with 0 points in Neat. I've never seen anything other than 'cleaning tips' (perhaps someone could break open the text strings and check), so it kind of feels like a feature that Maxis just sort of sloppily implemented. Pun not intended.
Mad Poster
#129 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 5:05 PM
I'm pretty sure I've gained mechanical points this way.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#130 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 5:10 PM
I had to look up 'Far away greet' to see where it's from and find more info on it. Not much said, but it's from Freetime, BFF has a few perks, along with the greet, it allows sims to freely walk into BFF friends home and hang out on their property. After locking the door when sims just strolled in, a few BFFs would hang around outside. Since the lot is about 2x1, there's no space really. One would check out the tiny garden at one end and laugh at it, they would sit on the bench at the front door and chat or read the paper. One of them was observed around the back corner, salvaging in the trash bin. It's so much better than having the paper stolen or the trash kicked over, all though those actions can be funny if not a constant thing. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#131 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 10:49 PM
I've had Sims learn cooking and body skills from outings/dates, so I'm guessing all skills can be learned that way.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#132 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 1:51 AM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 27th Mar 2016 at 2:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
probably the uploader was lucky at the time. does it "work" in Pleasantview?

Most likely. I know that if you plant a new family down in Strangetown then fake Bella will arrive with the welcome wagon sometimes. As for "working" in Pleasantview; I'm not sure, they only said Strangetown.

This was the video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AOKe2_GT0Fg
Edit: nevermind, just rewatched the vid and they showed the Dreamers house

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#133 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 4:14 AM
In one of the EP's (Bon Voyage, I do believe) there is a set of things under 'tropical' like the massive Jumbok Statue that you can place on community lots. Today I made a "Temple of Fire" with that and certain placing of those firing lights, the thing really looks ultra voodooey...I found out you can give an offering and get something back.

I tell you, I just love that cheat "moveobjects on"! It really does wonders for an otherwise boring old statue (that has a waterfall, no less.)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#134 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
In one of the EP's (Bon Voyage, I do believe) there is a set of things under 'tropical' like the massive Jumbok Statue that you can place on community lots. Today I made a "Temple of Fire" with that and certain placing of those firing lights, the thing really looks ultra voodooey...I found out you can give an offering and get something back.

I tell you, I just love that cheat "moveobjects on"! It really does wonders for an otherwise boring old statue (that has a waterfall, no less.)

Try putting soap in the fountain if you really want a temple of fire. XD
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 6:52 AM
This is probably something that was already known, but it was new for me. Passing on business perks and transferring business lots can only be done between Sims within the same household even if they are in the same family.
Scholar
#136 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 9:12 AM
@icemandeaf: Just in case this might be what you wanted to hear... I ran into that recently as well. I find it odd:
  • as long as sims still live at their parental home, they can learn these skills from their parents and/or siblings
  • but as soon as they leave the house, they keep whatever they've already learned, but can no longer pass stuff on

I think this makes little sense, so I'm in the process of writing/testing a mod that allows sims to pass on these benefits to their direct parents or children or their siblings, even when the recipient lives in a different household. This does not apply to grandparents, grandchildren and/or step-family, by the way. I thought there should be a line drawn *somewhere* :D
Forum Resident
#137 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 9:19 AM
Unsavory Charlatan likes to play pool. I've never seen him do anything other than skulk around and occasionally pick pockets before. I was playing the Printer Sisters at Land Grant U, and while they were performing at the lounge, he played a complete game of pool with one of the dormies and then spent the rest of the night trying to do trick shots. He was so entertained that he didn't find time to steal from anyone.
Scholar
#138 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stitching
Unsavory Charlatan likes to play pool.

Not if there's a black jack table nearby, he doesn't. I have a comm lot with black jack, mahyong, don't-wake-the-llama, and pool tables (two of each), and whichever hood I place that lot, the UC always books for the Black Jack tables in the back, where he's cleaning out everysim who's stupid enough to join him.
Mad Poster
#139 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 10:11 AM
Mrs C likes her cards as well.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#140 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 10:16 AM
@stitching Haha, he likes to sing karaoke too. One of my sims joined him and ended up having the Charlatan on his known sims list. I'm pretty sure that's a VBT!
Scholar
#141 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 11:11 PM
Today I did play a female sim living at a dorm. The female professor did come to visit (she does that from time to time) and I send my sim out to greet her. She greeted the professor by kissing her on the chins. Have never seen anything like it before.
Scholar
#142 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 12:13 AM
@Mrmo: are they good friends? Because then it is to be expected eventually.
Mad Poster
#143 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 12:50 AM
How many chins did the professor have?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#144 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 1:32 AM
I think she means cheeks and it was probably the kiss kiss darling greeting.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#145 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 1:42 AM
@smorbie I assume it's cheeks instead of chins.

- I officially lack male outfits. Linus Santerre and his teen nephew,Philbert Laferrière, are sporting the same clothes.
- Marie-France Santerre getting pregnant makes me ridiculously happy. She's 48 and in my game female sims barely get pregnant after 44-45.
Forum Resident
#146 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
@Duine:

I sympathise. It sounds like hell! How did that happen, though?

I got a new computer so I am starting over with my sims downloads and installs. It is really a pain.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Mad Poster
#147 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
How many chins did the professor have?

It's 3:13am, I'm sat up in bed with my Fiancé asleep next to me, and I just let out the loudest laugh/snort reading that comment.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#148 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 4:16 AM
I discovered that I should hug every creator on ModTheSims that has created/modded anything! It's a very time consuming process, but I never realized the level of dedication until my first mod. For all those creators, I applaud you. *crawls back into custom career mod*

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Scholar
#149 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think she means cheeks and it was probably the kiss kiss darling greeting.

Sorry, I did get lost in translation. Yes Cheeks it is but thank you anyway.
Field Researcher
#150 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 2:25 AM
Today I discovered that massages give an energy boost - might have to use those at home massage tables more often!
Page 6 of 442