Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 3:59 AM Last edited by _Anora_ : 18th Sep 2017 at 6:07 AM. Reason: Someone already made it
Default Modifying this CC door (Oops! Someone's already made it)
So, what I'm trying to do is this:

That's tbudgett's 2-tile craftsman interior door in this set: tbudgett's craftsman set.

As you can see, I just want to get rid of the transom window above the door. So, I've exported the door frame meshes in SimPE and opened them in Milkshape. The mesh comes in three groups: the wallshadow, the window (which encompasses the door frame and the transom above), and the windows in the transom. I deleted the last mesh, cut out the transom, and brought down the top, resized the wallshadow and I have this:

So far, the mesh looks like I may be on the right track, but I feel like I had to have gone wrong by deleting the transom window group. I know I also need to modify the wallmask, and I'm still reading about that, and will probably go wrong there. But for now, did I already screw this up when I deleted a group from the mesh?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 6:06 AM
I tried to get rid of this post, but can't. Someone else has apparently done this over at TSR. If anyone's interested, it's here: Door