Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 2:48 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Main hood to Subhood without SIMPE?
Is there a way to turn a main hood into a subhood (ie Old Town as a downtown) without SIMPE? (I'm a mac user) I tried placing the neighbourhood folder in Nightlife/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate but it didn’t work. :/
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 9:44 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 17th Feb 2018 at 9:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by leenxsims
Is there a way to turn a main hood into a subhood (ie Old Town as a downtown) without SIMPE? (I'm a mac user) I tried placing the neighbourhood folder in Nightlife/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate but it didn’t work. :/

If you wamt to have Old Town as subhood instead of a Main hood, you will need to download a version of Old Town that is already set up as a Downtown hood.

I don't recall who created Old Town, but you should ask them to make a Downtown version if they have not already done so.

Edit: searched for who created Old Town, and it is @marka93

The creator did make a version of Old Town as a shopping District.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Inventor
#3 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:30 AM
If I remember correctly though, you don't need SimPE to turn convert hood types unless you want to change certain sim types.

Maybe this tutorial will be useful to you: http://modthesims.info/t/502306.
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
If I remember correctly though, you don't need SimPE to turn convert hood types unless you want to change certain sim types.

Maybe this tutorial will be useful to you: http://modthesims.info/t/502306.

Yes, exactely. I've been using that wonderful tutorial, although I assume for MAC would be harder because of the AGS (but there's also a way to convert a subhood without it).

My general suggestion is to add the new subhood without sims, since in that case you would need SimPE to check them properly. Maybe you could just convert the subhood and then recreate the families?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
If you wamt to have Old Town as subhood instead of a Main hood, you will need to download a version of Old Town that is already set up as a Downtown hood.

I don't recall who created Old Town, but you should ask them to make a Downtown version if they have not already done so.

Edit: searched for who created Old Town, and it is @marka93

The creator did make a version of Old Town as a shopping District.

I didn't know that there was a shopping district version, that's great! And thanks to the others who linked the tutorial. I skimmed it before thinking it was for windows only. Good to know!