Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 2:31 PM
Default Tragic Clown
Anyone tried to make a portrait of him and see if it works just like the one in Sims 1 0o?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 2:52 PM
...who the eff is that?

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Forum Resident
#3 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 3:37 PM
This is the Tragic Clown from The Sims 1:

If you had the tragic clown painting on your lot, he would show up when your sim's social was really low, just like The Sims 2's Social Bunny. If the painting was over a fireplace and he was on the lot, you could light the fireplace, and there was the chance the painting would catch on fire, causing the clown to burn also.

This is apparently what he looks like in The Sims 3 in non ghost form:

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 5:27 PM
that is awesome!
memories, dude!
i used to be EXTREMELY frightened of the clown. every time he showed up i deleted him. *is clownphobic*
how do you make him appear in the sims 3?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 5:35 PM
Hes one of the ghosts in the Sunset Valley Graveyard, so you just have to go at night and see if you can see his ghost. As for the pic of him I posted, I don't know how they got that, I just found it on google.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 6:23 PM
Yes... but if you make a portrait of the revived clown(Easel -> Take Portrait Of -> Tragic Clown >__>), does it work like in Sims 1?
I doubt it, but wanna be sure...
Alchemist
#7 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 6:30 PM
I really doubt it. If it was possible someone would've discovered it by now.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 6:56 PM
You could always try it? As someone above suggested, head to the cemetery and look for him, and then take a portrait of him, and go from there.

As for the image of the live Tragic Clown, perhaps they befriended him and then gave him ambrosia (? that's what you use to resurrect, yes?) and revived him?
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 9:49 PM
the live tragic clown isn't actually the tragic clown, it's the tragic clown potion or curse that is mainly founded in Supernatural.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 7:43 AM
What a nice coincidence. Just three days ago I resurrected Tragic Clown from the Sunset Valley graveyard and yesterday he had some Ambrosia and is now a fully playable Sim. This is now the third or fourth time that I've done this in my games. I may be a bit attached to him, I guess.

The picture above does show the TS3 version after resurrection. As a ghost he is blue because he had died drowning.

But he doesn't come with any of the Tragic Clown characteristics from Sims 1. He's just a normal (ghost) Sim and doesn't have any effect on surrounding Sims, so painting his portrait wouldn't do anything. But the "Origin Of The Tragic Clown" elixir from Supernatural causes any Sim who is under its effect to transform into a Tragic Clown for a while. They'll change their outfit temporarily into something resembling the picture above and start to wear the clown makeup. Every Sim that is near the transformed Sim will start crying and have a "So Sad!" moodlet with a negative value. That's about the closest you can come to anything resembling the original Tragic Clown from Sims 1.
Site Helper
#11 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 2:16 PM
Ghosts can have children. (I had a ghost hunter who kept getting pregnant by the ghosts she was supposed to be exorcising.)

So Tragic Clown could be a family curse as well.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#12 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gobot101
If you had the tragic clown painting on your lot, he would show up when your sim's social was really low, just like The Sims 2's Social Bunny. If the painting was over a fireplace and he was on the lot, you could light the fireplace, and there was the chance the painting would catch on fire, causing the clown to burn also.

So THAT was how it was done! I never did work it out,

Also, Ghost: My ghosthunter sim kept getting publicly disgraced for er... taking the job home with her.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor