Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 7:19 PM
Default Relationship between parents and children
Hey everybody

Ok so when I first started the game I created 3 sims in the create-a-sim. Me, my boyfriend and a child (i mixed our genetics together). Me and my boyfriend are now engaged and when I look in my relationship panel it cleary states he is my boyfriend. But when I look at my daughter in the pannel it says 'friend'. Is there anyway I can change this relationship status?? I help her with homework and I play with her and stuff but I find it abit weird that she is my daughter and it only says we are friends :P

Thanks everyone!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 10:46 PM
Did you edit your family relationships after you made your family, to set her as your daughter?

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 11:39 PM
You can use the master controller found here. Under NRaas>Options>Geneology you can change the relationship status between your sims and their (want to be) child.

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLB
Did you edit your family relationships after you made your family, to set her as your daughter?

Well i'm sure I did haha is there anyway I can go back and do that?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 12:28 PM
It's worth noting that a child can be your "friend" and your "daughter" at the same time. CAS shouldn't have let you exit without making her the child of one of your Sim's. Is there a "family icon" underneath on the left hand side? it looks like a red and green blob, I can't really think of a way to describe it, except it sort of looks like the old online/offline icon for Windows Messenger (the forerunner to MSN) combined. If you hover your mouse over that, it should say daughter, It should also say daughter when your Sim is interacting with her

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 3:37 PM
No it doesn't say anything about her being my daughter but it now says i'm best friends with her because i've been interacting with her alot...
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 4:57 AM
The child has to be related to one of the adults in the house. Select the child and then click on her family tree icon to see who she is related to, or look at her relationship panel and there will be the little red and green icon under the pictures of her relatives, hold the cursor over the little icon and it will tell you her relationship with that person.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 7:02 AM
My guess would be that as you only set your Sim's as Bf/gf you have assigned her to be your bf's child and not your self-sim's. You will probably need to use Master Controller to fix that - http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?topic=80.0 I think it's under Advanced, can't remember off the top of my head.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 2:34 PM
I had the same problem. I created two sims, boyfriend and girlfriend, and then assigned the kid to them both. For some reason, the game assigned the kid only to the girl and not to the guy. Twallan's Debug Enabler fixes the problem too: I selected the guy I wanted to be the father of the kid, clicked on the kid, then chose "Nraas - Genealogy - Adopt". I got a pop up saying that the guy was now 'father by blood' or something like that. Family tree fixed :D
Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 8:20 PM
Apparently, EA doesn't agree with having children out of wedlock, because in CAS if the two adults are not married, you can only assign the child to one parent. Like Astraea Nevermore stated, use Twallan's Debug Enabler here.
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_paradox
Apparently, EA doesn't agree with having children out of wedlock, because in CAS if the two adults are not married, you can only assign the child to one parent. Like Astraea Nevermore stated, use Twallan's Debug Enabler here.

that link is CLOSED for good weird
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 5:34 PM
Hi @deaftechie4

That mod can now be found here:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/DebugEnabler

In future, if you are looking for something, try using google or posting in the WCIF forums, instead of posting in a six year old thread.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 7:06 PM Last edited by igazor : 18th Oct 2017 at 7:24 PM.
Typing quickly before someone locks up the thread...

I believe it's MasterController that would be required to fix parent-child relationships as described on the original posts, not DebugEnabler. They are different mods within the same collection -- guess they should be made into siblings since they had the same parent? Nah, never mind.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController
(MC Cheats add-on module required in addition to the base mod)

But wow, NRaas hasn't been hosted on the site linked to back then since it shut down something like six years ago!