Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 5:17 AM
Default Please help with a little part of a roof I'm having trouble with.
I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm looking for a way or a mod to help with the problem I'm having building this house. I want to build a half gable roof over a door on the second floor that connects to a full wall. I'd like the half gable roof to be only 1 tile wide and 3 tiles long, however the best I can get is 3 across and 4 tiles deep which doesn't work with the facade I want. I just started the house so I'm going to move on to other parts but can anyone help me? I hope someone can understand what I'm asking. Thanks!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jackieo1600
I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm looking for a way or a mod to help with the problem I'm having building this house. I want to build a half gable roof over a door on the second floor that connects to a full wall. I'd like the half gable roof to be only 1 tile wide and 3 tiles long, however the best I can get is 3 across and 4 tiles deep which doesn't work with the facade I want. I just started the house so I'm going to move on to other parts but can anyone help me? I hope someone can understand what I'm asking. Thanks!

A picture would help a lot. All those English words for roofs I never got around to memorize. Also without a picture I have a hard time visualizing what you're talking about.
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 12:51 AM
Half gables don't usually connect to anything you want exactly how you want. Adjusting the pitch does nothing when you want to adjust it only a fraction of the fraction you're presented with. I've built some sleeping porch rooms (roofed, walled in back porch) using the half gable and never get it to connect to the roof/wall above it. It doesn't work. You have to accept the imperfection. :P

Edit: I realized I brought this back from the dead... oh well. It's only been two weeks, the thread deserves its shot.