Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 6:37 PM
Default Sims 2 on Surface 3 Pro?
I would like to play Sims 2 on my Microsoft Surface 3 Pro (Windows 8.1, Intel i5 @1.8 Ghz, 4GB RAM, Intel HD 4000) but it does not work as it should. The graphics are bad (the picture is flickering when you move the camera, the shadows are just black planes, water "disappears",...) and if I try to change the settings the game crashes. I had no problems playing TS4 with high graphic settings, so I was surprised that TS2 does not work. Does someone know how to fix my problem? Thank you.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 2:47 AM
That's weird. Could be a driver/compatibility issue. For Shadows Issue trying setting your shadows level to "Medium". For Flickering try setting "Smooth Edges" to the "More" setting: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/attachment.php?aid=2066

For other possible fixes, try the ones mentioned in this post: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6569
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 3:35 PM
Thanks for your suggestion. Before I posted here, I tried to fix the graphic settings just as you said but then my game crashed. Could it be a DirectX issue? I remember that I had some issues with DirectX years ago when the game was released and I tried to install it on different computers.
I also read the forum threads you linked here, there Kiri attached a file named GraphicRules-INTEL, I downloaded it but I don't know where I should place it. Any idea?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 4:13 PM
Found the path! Thank you. I don't have any graphic issues except for the shadow thing. I read on Lee's blog that this is a Win-8-problem. Changed the Graphic Rules.srg files to the suggested values but my sim's shadows still occur as black planes.