Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 6:53 PM
Default Portal Problem
So, I recently installed the Sims Deluxe Edition on my computer and have been playing just fine. I came across a problem, though, on one of my lots (5 Sim Lane, I think?), and I know it has to do with the pedestrian portal, but I don't know what to fix it.

On this particular lot, no outside sims (neighbors, service people) show up. The maid hasn't come in a few days, nor has the paper girl or mail carrier. When I invite a friend over, they say "Yeah, I'll be over," hours go by, and they never show up. I can't call them up to try and re-invite them because the game is saying that they are already on their way.

I have no idea what to do with fixing the problem. I would appreciate any help, thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 2:06 PM
Have you done anything with the mailbox? In Sims 1 the portals are tied to the mailbox and using move_objects on them or deleting them would break the portal.

However, this happened to my Goth family once, when I hadn't been messing with the mailbox, and in the end I just had to bulldoze the house. I wasn't in the Sims fan community at the time, so it's possible there was a fix out there I didn't have access to.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)