Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 8:27 PM
Default I need help finding compatible RAM for my laptop
So, I have this Acer Aspire E 15, ES-575-33BM model
I have 4 gbs of ram, want to add another stick of 4 gbs to get a total of 8.

I ordered the wrong one at Christmas time from Amazon. I wrote about it in the help section. I spoke to the manufacturer of my computer. After they gave me only 2 suggestions, I did some digging and based on their (unwilling) suggestions I ordered one. It was on back order with no clear ship date. As I keep researching, the prices are going up and the availability is getting less. I'm very frustrated.

I feel like the prices are very high (maybe I'm wrong but I read Ram should not be this much) and I can't even get what I need.

Acer suggested KINGSTON SO-DIMM
DDRIV 2133 4GB
ACR21D4S15HAG/4G LF+HF
512*8

Supposedly this is what comes installed in my computer and is a perfect match. However, this item is not available or if so, it will be a very long wait.

Does anyone have any other ideas what brands (more readily available) would be a good match?

I'm in the USA. Don't want to order from abroad or "Ebay" if I can avoid it. I've spent a lot of time on this and just fed up.
Any help would be appreciated.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 1:21 AM
Try this website for scanning your system. The website will show you some compatible ram sticks that computer can use:

Crucial

Click on the header of the website "Memory".

Under "System Scanner" on the bottom right of the page, check the agree box and click the Download button.

Save the "CrucialScan.exe" file (102 KB).

Then wait for the website to finish scanning your system and showing you what RAM sticks are available.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 4:11 PM
I did use this site, but it recommends Crucial products. Acer cannot guarantee they will work with the computer. They recommend other brands.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 1:50 AM
Ok, so just to verify, your RAM as described is this, right? And did the results from Crucial give you DDR4-2133 260-PINN ram results? Or did it give you others? Basically, what did the specifications of the results say? The website might recommend Crucial products, but the specifications could be used to see other products elsewhere.

Anyway, if you're certain about what you mentioned in your first post, then maybe you can choose from these selections (results on PC Parts Picker)

This one from Corsair looks good, and it's available from Amazon. There's been a PSA from @ajaxsirius mentioning to avoid using Newegg, so this Corsair one might be the best option (given that the results from PC Parts Picker show other places than Newegg for this product).

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 3:07 PM
Hi again and thanks for your help. I ordered one RAM of Crucial 8 gbs. I decided after chatting with 2 agents that I'd try that, one full stick of one brand of RAM (my PC specs said Micron made the old one). Micron is Crucial apparently or they're similar. I checked with the agent and this RAM SHOULD BE fine.

I was having problems because I just wanted 4 gbs to add to the other 4 and worrying if they would match. The 4 was hard to find. 8 was easier and in the end, I can eventually buy the identical one in another 8. My computer can be upgraded up to 32 gbs. I also ordered a cooling pad. Anyhow, we'll see if this works, fingers crossed!

Just as an aside to anyone looking, there is apparently a shortage right now of DDR 4 memory so that is why the prices are so high and the wait for availability so long.