Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 11:39 PM
Default Can't place doors in walls...
Hello.

I recently download a mod for nightlife ep and it has changed the in-game build functions. Now I can not place doors in walls, or anywhere for that matter. What can I do to fix this problem?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 11:47 PM
remove the mod that might help
also exactly what do you mean by mod?

Please dont upload my creations to paysites.
But please feel free to use
ANY other way you like

Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 12:51 AM
Try typing "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true" into the command window.
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 4:06 AM
This is the wrong place for this thread,in the first place,and try moving the "mod" from your downloads folder,then see if it works.If it does and you still want the mod then move it back to your downloads folder.Then test again.
Scholar
#5 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 5:26 AM
in addition to jaxads suggestion, if it still doesn't work, make sure moveobjects is off. even if i accidentally leave this set to on i find i can't place doors or windows. before NL it was ok, since NL i find it isn't
out of curiosity, what mod did you download which has caused this effect, if it is that? no name rank or number necessarily, just an idea of what its supposed to do
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 12:10 PM
Are you trying to place the door at a valid wall for it? You won't be allowed if there isn't ground at both sides, or if there is an object (window, picture, phone, etc) already in that wall.

And this last time looking back I'll see my home, for she awaits me reaching for my soul. She calls my name, and waves me on. The fallen one, she stands in flames
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 5:44 PM
I thing you just need ground (floor) on one side of the wall. The game has added flooring on the other side for me in the past.