Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 6:29 AM
Cheat or Mod Roofs on Houseboats
Hello, I've never really posted here, but is there a mod or cheat to allow you to Place Roofs that can allows the placement of Roof Eaves outside the current lot, Mainly for houseboats I'm really stuck on this one build and I can't place the roofs without moving the walls in the second story without decreasing the size inside the top floor.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 12:22 AM
If you post a screenshot of what you have (on post>click go advanced>image upload- at bottom of page), someone will have a suggestion for you.
I do not know of a way to place a roof outside the lot limits.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
dodgy builder
#3 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 11:57 AM
I don't make that many boats. If you want your roof outside the lot, roof objects with a footprint only a few tiles might let you. I don't know if those exist though, sorry about that.

The WCIF or "where can I find" forum might be more helpful on that.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 3:59 AM
Most of the houseboats I've seen have either a flat roof, or use the top as an open air deck, with fencing or half walls all around.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
mature minion
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 1:38 PM
Unfortunately there aren't any methods or mods that allow you to build beyond the edge of the lot. Large objects can be placed near the edge so that parts of them extend over the border but you can't place things outside any lot, regular or houseboat
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
If you post a screenshot of what you have (on post>click go advanced>image upload- at bottom of page), someone will have a suggestion for you.
I do not know of a way to place a roof outside the lot limits.

I actually gave up on that build almost as soon as I posted this, I was using the pagoda roofs essentially making a Chinese/Japanese houseboat, essentially I was asking for a mod or cheat that would allow you to build the roof itself on the lot but the eaves outside the the lot because unlock unlike the regular roofs the pagoda roofs seem to go two tiles out instead of one tile, I was building on a 12 X 6/6 X 12 (not sure which is right) curved bow houseboat.