Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 4:47 PM
Default Slider mods?
Has anyone else noticed these grossly deformed characters popping up on the Gallery of the demo?

I'm assuming these... unique sims are made possible by a mod of some kind, but does anyone here know where you can find it? I'd love to make my own giant freaks!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 4:47 PM
I too want this but to make skinny freaks. Anyone?

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 4:50 PM
That's awesome!!! I'll try googling around!
Theorist
#4 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 5:05 PM
Grossly deformed? Guess you must not be from the US.

There was a thread on this earlier. Screenshots showed one person making these said he used something called "Cheat Engine". I never did figure out what that is.
I'd like to be able to extend the range of all the "sliders".

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#5 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Screenshots showed one person making these said he used something called "Cheat Engine". I never did figure out what that is.

Remember GameShark / Action Replay (or even older, Game Genie)? Remember cheating to get Mew/Celebi/Jirachi or giving yourself infinite lives? It worked by manipulating addresses in memory. Cheat Engine is a similar tool for PC instead of consoles.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Theorist
#6 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 5:31 PM
Is this the correct Cheat Engine?
http://www.cheatengine.org/

How would someone know what addresses to manipulate in memory? I'm no rocket surgeon.

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#7 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:00 PM
Is this the correct Cheat Engine?
http://www.cheatengine.org/

How would someone know what addresses to manipulate in memory? I'm no rocket surgeon.

They'd move the sliders and find what addresses are changing as they moved.

A simpler example - the player loses a life, and finds what counter went down. Then, they set it to always more than zero.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Scholar
#8 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:08 PM
That lady looks a lot like some of the women walking down the streets here in LA...of course I don't go there as I live in a rather nice part of town *smug*
Scholar
#9 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:09 PM
They just look like a horrible graphical mess. Why would you want something that poorly rendered in your game?

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Sockpuppet
#10 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lemon&Lime
They just look like a horrible graphical mess. Why would you want something that poorly rendered in your game?

That's the answer.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:24 PM
Whalp I can't figure out the cheat engine thing. I mean, it works, in that I can tell things are changing when I mess with sliders, but I'm unable to reproduce the effects they were getting.

IDGAF about making super fat sims (I think that's pretty juvenile, tbh) but it'd be nice to use this to increase slider range...

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:37 PM
Cheat Engine cannot be used as a permanent solution. When I have tried Cheat Engine with a couple other games, the alterations worked, yes, but they are made in memory right now, not permanent alterations to a save game for example. So one is stuck using Cheat Engine permanently any time one wants to play the specific computer game, since the alteration hasn't been made or saved in the actual game.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
retired moderator
#13 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:41 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 14th Aug 2014 at 7:13 PM.
Shimrod, you probably know the technical side of this better than I do - would using this somehow provide clues to where to look in the game files, somehow, for a more permanent slider range mod?

ETA: I asked Delphy who said that it might help, gonna see if we can use his brain and my whining at his brain to make some progress. :D

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:30 PM
I won't say for sure, but I don't think so. When I tried using this with the other games, these memory addresses meant nothing to me. For me it would be much easier to simply read through all the game files, the tuning files first, then the Python files, sooner or later someone would come across a likely candidate for the slider stuff.

Oh, I may have already found something in one of these DATA tuning files for CaS. There are settings for Vertical and Horizontal called
VirtualSliderScaleHorizontal and VirtualSliderScaleVertical in a section titled CasTuning Direct Manipulation. Also settings for RubberBandEaseElasticity and other stuff which might be movement of the Mouse and whatnot.

I've tried altering this file to experiment, but s4pe at this moment refuses to save a DATA file of any kind, the file is simply garbled. If you want to have a look at it, easiest way to find it is to sort by Group in the Fullbuild file and scroll to Group 0x004B5265. The ID on the file begins with 3544. The other two files there are CasCamera tuning.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
retired moderator
#15 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:41 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 14th Aug 2014 at 8:18 PM.
Thanks, Shimrod. I've linked D to your post, maybe it'll help. Pretty sure he can just build files without using S4PE so maybe he can work around it.

RE: The tool to find stuff, yeah, it seems of limited usefulness - was able to get min/max values for the fit/fat sliders, the others seem to be nonsensical when I start hunting for their values - but maybe if I can find a few more min/max values that are uncommon numbers (fat goes from 0 to 2072, for example) it'll help in the hunt.

ETA: I'm just going to note down here some other interesting instances I'm finding when hunting through here.

Advanced lighting settings: DATA 0x545AC67A 0x00DB5F47 0xDEAD4915C9C6C0D8
Cas lighting tuning: DATA 0x545AC67A 0x000A3610 0x5D54A77D74879D74 & 0x573991147E8127F5 & 0xDEAD4915C9C6C0D8

Theorist
#16 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:10 PM
Well, it's certainly possible to do interesting things with Cheat Engine.

I feel like a brain scientist just being able to get that far.

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
#17 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:13 PM

Hey, those look like mine!
Seriously though. I have to try the Cheat Engine thing. Even more "variety"!

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
retired moderator
#18 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:16 PM

HINTS PLEASE. I wasn't able to even identify a value for anything but the fit/fat sliders.

Theorist
#19 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:20 PM Last edited by GnatGoSplat : 14th Aug 2014 at 10:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
HINTS PLEASE. I wasn't able to even identify a value for anything but the fit/fat sliders.

I think the trick is to use the "float" datatype, then the numbers seem to make a little more sense.

The game seems to have some checks in place though. Change anything on the sim (outfit, other sliders, etc.) and all the numbers revert to the closest valid value.

Don't know if these memory values will always work, but you can try pasting this into the memory list on Cheat Engine.

Resident wet blanket.
Inventor
#20 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:14 PM Last edited by velocitygrass : 14th Aug 2014 at 10:25 PM.
VirtualSliderScaleVertical only seems to affect how much the mouse reacts, possibly in pixels. In any case I changed it from 300 to 3000 and I could do nothing and then to 3 and everything would move immediately to max/min. I did a hex edit on the file. I also changed ManipLimitHighlightScale from 4 to 8, but I think this only affected the size of the highlight grid.
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 3:14 PM
What version of Cheat Engine is used to change the slider limits? Does anyone have instructions on how to use this tool on the Sims 4 CAS demo? I've made an attempt, but all the values seem too dynamic to make sense of which addresses manipulate the sliders.
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 4:57 PM
Can anyone make a cheat table for CE so other people don't have to search for those values?
Eminence Grise
#23 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 9:24 PM
I'm assuming that those slider values aren't saved, right? since it's modifying runtime memory, not sim data?

Soooo aside from reasearch for tool developers, useful mainly for trolling the Gallery, correct?
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 12:20 AM
10 internet bucks for whoever figures out a bulge slider for duder sims.
Scholar
#25 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I'm assuming that those slider values aren't saved, right? since it's modifying runtime memory, not sim data?

Soooo aside from reasearch for tool developers, useful mainly for trolling the Gallery, correct?

From what I've gathered, this solution is only temporary, since the game will automatically reset extreme values within normal slider ranges once the user adjusts the fitness or fatness sliders.
Page 1 of 2