Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#451 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by YuuAnn
If there's a glitch and the only task left for you to get promoted I would try with some cheat, but if the profession/career itself is glitchy... just re-roll a new career for that sim. In the other side, I haven't tried a profession having toddlers, so I don't know if you actually have a glitch or there's something you're missing, so I need help with that part.

That sounds like a glitch to me. Toddlers and infants should automatically go to daycare if there isn't a teen or older on the lot when you join a sim at work. Their needs should be automatically taken care of, at least enough to keep them out of reach of the social worker, even if they're at home with another sim.

My glitchiness for professions (particularly for the Detective profession) is suspects not matching up with the APB clues. The clues called for a blonde female teen wearing a skirt and a blouse... The actual suspect was a black-haired adult male with trousers and a tank. -.-
Advertisement
Test Subject
#452 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 10:39 PM
Hello, all; quick question: When do you roll for the next generation? Do you wait until your heir is a child, teen, or young adult?
Test Subject
#453 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyLestat
Hello, all; quick question: When do you roll for the next generation? Do you wait until your heir is a child, teen, or young adult?
Good question, I've wondered this myself. Personally, I roll when my heir becomes a teen so that they can get a head start on their career skills and find out whether any spares will be moving in with them. That said, I may change my tune if others say it should be done when they age up to young adult.
Scholar
#454 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 3:14 AM
I have a few questions, I'm almost finished my first generation and have encountered a few problems. The first one, I have perfect children but my heir's childhood aspiration glitched, I befriended 2 adults (and he was already friends with several adults that didn't count before that part of the aspiration), and no matter what I did the second adult wouldn't count. I know I did it, everything else is complete but I didn't officially complete it because it glitched on me. Can I just keep going knowing I did it or should I impose some sort of in game penalty since I didn't actually manage to get past the glitch?

I also think I might have misunderstood the career hopper, do I have to get them up the career ladder enough to be Criminal (Boss) or just have them be in the criminal track for at least a day? Because despite my best efforts I'm only done almost 2 careers up to the split (Entertainer Comedian and now almost at the Criminal Boss) and my sim is now an adult (and the heir is now a teen). Do I keep the career hopper in the household until I do all 5 careers or do I just focus on the next generation?
Test Subject
#455 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 4:21 AM
CinderEmma, from my understanding, there are no penalties for being unable to complete a roll due to a glitch. For the career hopper roll, they only have to be in each career for a minimum of a day. The branch specification is just for if you wanted to continue through that career. I would say that to complete the roll, just have your sim spend one day in each of your remaining rolled careers and then focus on your next generation.
Scholar
#456 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheImaginaryUnicorn
CinderEmma, from my understanding, there are no penalties for being unable to complete a roll due to a glitch. For the career hopper roll, they only have to be in each career for a minimum of a day. The branch specification is just for if you wanted to continue through that career. I would say that to complete the roll, just have your sim spend one day in each of your remaining rolled careers and then focus on your next generation.
Thank you, I'll promptly have him do those last careers now, my heir is now experiencing a teen pregnancy so the next generation is going to start early (I rolled a really boring second gen so I'm going to try to spice it up/make it go a little quicker then normal)
Scholar
#457 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyLestat

I usually roll when the firstborn becomes a teen, but I don't officially start the next generation until the heir becomes a young adult.
Test Subject
#458 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 2:45 AM
If we get restaurantuer as a roll, are there any money making activities allowed to open said restaurant?
Lab Assistant
#459 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shehadasim
If we get restauranteur as a roll, are there any money making activities allowed to open said restaurant?

I would say you would do related things such as using the cupcake maker and selling the things you make to a local bakery and getting a job as a chef so you improve your cooking skill. Other than that, buy the smallest lot and slowly build you a dive restaurant that you can leave that way or update. Personally, I love running bakeries. Having one that could also be a restaurant would be amazing.
Scholar
#460 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 10:39 PM
1.07 Feuding Family

I'm closing down the survey for Generation 2 Heir once the next chapter comes up, so make sure you vote!
Scholar
#461 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 9:27 PM
2.01 Introducing the Next Generation

Survey's been closed down (and you guys threw the entire story off at the last possible second!). Big Time Jump has been initiated, because I was playing on the assumption that Sammy or Dean were going to end up heir...

AND THEN CASS SNUCK UP FROM BEHIND!
Test Subject
#462 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 6:46 AM
Hi, I love this challenge but can you update it for Cats and Dogs pls
Test Subject
#463 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k_scott
Hi, I love this challenge but can you update it for Cats and Dogs pls

I just messaged the creator about this. They haven't been active since September, and I haven't seen any changes since the Vampires Pack (Parenthood and Pets, I think, are the only packs missing from this). Granted, that leaves a ton of room for interpretation and inspiration for new parameters. Anyone have any suggestions?
Lab Assistant
#464 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DiAlliStar
I just messaged the creator about this. They haven't been active since September, and I haven't seen any changes since the Vampires Pack (Parenthood and Pets, I think, are the only packs missing from this). Granted, that leaves a ton of room for interpretation and inspiration for new parameters. Anyone have any suggestions?

I looked back at the Sims 3 Random Legacy challenge for how they dealt with pets. It seems like they had basically given people free reign on whether or not they wanted pets, making it completely optional. They also had challenges for the pets, if you chose to have them and wanted the extra challenge, although I haven't played with the pets enough to know how feasible those would be considering we can't control them directly. (That could inspire some new challenges though.)

On my "rules cheat sheet" I basically added that pets could be adopted without restrictions. I also added two unconventional careers, one being the Breeder, basically your sim can sell cats and dogs (maybe also frogs?) they've bred. The other being the Veterinarian, which would count as a profession, no different than the Retail Owner or Restauranteur, and as a side note for that one, your sim would be allowed to sell the treats that are crafted with the vet skill.

Just my ideas, as I wanted to include some of the new content in my random legacy.
Test Subject
#465 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattBrancher
I looked back at the Sims 3 Random Legacy challenge for how they dealt with pets. It seems like they had basically given people free reign on whether or not they wanted pets, making it completely optional. They also had challenges for the pets, if you chose to have them and wanted the extra challenge, although I haven't played with the pets enough to know how feasible those would be considering we can't control them directly. (That could inspire some new challenges though.)

On my "rules cheat sheet" I basically added that pets could be adopted without restrictions. I also added two unconventional careers, one being the Breeder, basically your sim can sell cats and dogs (maybe also frogs?) they've bred. The other being the Veterinarian, which would count as a profession, no different than the Retail Owner or Restauranteur, and as a side note for that one, your sim would be allowed to sell the treats that are crafted with the vet skill.

Just my ideas, as I wanted to include some of the new content in my random legacy.

Good ideas but sense this time around the pets count toward your total sim count we should add new family rolls that include the pets themselves. Can you imagine trying to do full house with 2 kids with the breeder unorthodox career? Impossible! You would need to account for the pets within the family roll that included spares to begin with or remove the full house option all together/reroll if you got full house, more than on child and breeder in the first place. Or even have the pets count AS the spares?
Lab Assistant
#466 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by colana
Good ideas but sense this time around the pets count toward your total sim count we should add new family rolls that include the pets themselves. Can you imagine trying to do full house with 2 kids with the breeder unorthodox career? Impossible! You would need to account for the pets within the family roll that included spares to begin with or remove the full house option all together/reroll if you got full house, more than on child and breeder in the first place. Or even have the pets count AS the spares?

You're right, I didn't think about that!

I guess it wouldn't make much sense to make pets optional and then have a Breeder career. I don't know, what do you guys think?
Test Subject
#467 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 12:55 AM
Ok, this is my idea. It's kind of complicated, but I think it would work well. I see pets kind of the same way I see children because your sims have to take care of them. So after you roll for marital status you'd have anywhere between 7 and 4 spots open for kids and pets. So you'd roll to see how many of those spots will be filled (by a kid or a pet), and then you'd roll that number to find out how many spots will be for kids and how many will be for pets. Obviously if you rolled a 1 on the first roll you wouldn't have to do the second roll because you have to have a kid.
I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense, sometimes it's hard for me to explain complicated stuff.
Another thought I had was that since pets won't live as long as your sims, maybe when they die your sims should adopt a new one. I was also thinking that that way, if the next generation has rolled for pets, they could kind of inherit the family's pets the same way that extra siblings can become helpers.
I also really feel like there should be some new generation goals or misc. fun, but I haven't had the opportunity to play a whole lot so I have no ideas.
Lab Assistant
#468 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nerdgamerfangirl
Ok, this is my idea. It's kind of complicated, but I think it would work well. I see pets kind of the same way I see children because your sims have to take care of them. So after you roll for marital status you'd have anywhere between 7 and 4 spots open for kids and pets. So you'd roll to see how many of those spots will be filled (by a kid or a pet), and then you'd roll that number to find out how many spots will be for kids and how many will be for pets. Obviously if you rolled a 1 on the first roll you wouldn't have to do the second roll because you have to have a kid.
I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense, sometimes it's hard for me to explain complicated stuff.
Another thought I had was that since pets won't live as long as your sims, maybe when they die your sims should adopt a new one. I was also thinking that that way, if the next generation has rolled for pets, they could kind of inherit the family's pets the same way that extra siblings can become helpers.
I also really feel like there should be some new generation goals or misc. fun, but I haven't had the opportunity to play a whole lot so I have no ideas.
`

Wouldn't that mean that you would have to ALWAYS have at least one pet, unless you rolled a 1 for the Number of Children/Pets, roll?
Test Subject
#469 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattBrancher
`

Wouldn't that mean that you would have to ALWAYS have at least one pet, unless you rolled a 1 for the Number of Children/Pets, roll?

No, because you could roll so that all the spots are filled by children. Like if I rolled 4 for the children/pets and then rolled a 4 again for the children, then I would have all children.
Test Subject
#470 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nerdgamerfangirl
No, because you could roll so that all the spots are filled by children. Like if I rolled 4 for the children/pets and then rolled a 4 again for the children, then I would have all children.

Hmm that's another possibility.
Lab Assistant
#471 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 5:10 PM
Default Updated Rolls
Hi guys. I needed these rolls for the young adult stage in my All the World's a Stage challenge so I went ahead and updated them and added a few things I thought sounded fun. I'm not trying to take over the challenge from @tigger89 or anything I just needed updated rolls for all of the packs for my own challenge. I'll be happy to take it over if needed but if/when it's updated here again I'll remove the rolls page from my blog. Until then you can find them here: Random Legacy Rolls. I'm not on MTS very often so if you have a question or suggestion please see my Contacts Page to contact me. This is by far my favorite challenge and I love playing with random rolls which is why I took it to extremes with the new one I just wrote.

Sims Blog: Stormy Dayz Gamez
Test Subject
#472 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 9:18 PM
I have a question about the writing career. I have rolled this for my first generation and am wondering if I could use this mod: http://modthesims.info/d/592944 to increase the fun of gameplay. It doesn't seem to offer unfair advantages and seems similar to the Turbo Careers mod.
http://modthesims.info/d/592944

Please check out my Sims stories:

Conrad Legacy
Jensen Legacy
(will remain unfinished)
Lab Assistant
#473 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smaurine82
I have a question about the writing career. I have rolled this for my first generation and am wondering if I could use this mod: http://modthesims.info/d/592944 to increase the fun of gameplay. It doesn't seem to offer unfair advantages and seems similar to the Turbo Careers mod.
http://modthesims.info/d/592944

I don't see where that mod would give you any kind of unfair advantage either. The mods that make you write faster would but this is just changing it so you work at home from what I can see.

Test Subject
#474 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 9:57 PM
Hi again,
I'm not really sure when you are supposed to roll for generation 2 because it would seem to make sense to roll for them early on to make sure their traits are appropriate for their rolls. I've read and reread the challenge explanation but cannot see where it says you have to make their traits random (nor is there a built-in mechanism unfortunately). I'd like to do this right so if someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Either way, I've started my story already. https://theconradlegacy.weebly.com/...n-the-beginning

Please check out my Sims stories:

Conrad Legacy
Jensen Legacy
(will remain unfinished)
Lab Assistant
#475 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smaurine82
Hi again,
I'm not really sure when you are supposed to roll for generation 2 because it would seem to make sense to roll for them early on to make sure their traits are appropriate for their rolls. I've read and reread the challenge explanation but cannot see where it says you have to make their traits random (nor is there a built-in mechanism unfortunately). I'd like to do this right so if someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Either way, I've started my story already. https://theconradlegacy.weebly.com/...n-the-beginning

No, their traits don't need to be random unless they roll that... I think it's under the Misc fun rolls. I usually roll the next gen pretty early on because I do polls on my blog with the different rolls so people can help me choose the heir. I'd say when they age to child or teen.

Page 19 of 26