Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 11:05 PM
Default Texture Oddness and Possible UV Map Trouble
Hello, I'm back again with another query! Hopefully I can specify exactly what's going on this time. I've been working on editing an EA mesh (the base game unlockable turtleneck) into a cropped, 3/4 sleeve, mock neck top. The meshing bit went wonderfully, and most of the textures are lined up, but when I get to the neck I just can't figure out how the heck to fix this weirdness: http://s42.photobucket.com/user/quo...ylxko0.png.html
I've been editing the original turtleneck texture (exported) to fit the new shirt because I want to keep those details, but I'm not sure if maybe I should be working with a UV map exported from blender (which confuses me) and now I'm stuck. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 10:29 AM
Without being able to see the .package, my guess would be that the texture's alpha is extending a little too high above the neckline, causing the texture to bleed onto the skin? So check whether the alpha is lined up exactly with the neckline.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 7:59 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get back to this! I can't seem to pinpoint anything that would be off, so I'll go ahead and upload the .package - I swear I have the worst luck with textures. It seems to be the one thing I'm really having trouble grasping. I started working on an edit of a sweater from the spa day pack and that's a mess, too. Ugh, one thing at a time though, yeah? And thank you again for your help!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  mocknecktop.zip (451.6 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 10:36 AM
Hi, I took a look at the package and it is indeed a case of your alpha being mis-matched with your neckline. In the below composite pic I made showing both your texture and your alpha, you can see that your alpha (on the right) goes too high at the neckline - it matches up with that jagged black background bit that is showing on your sim's neck (on the left), instead of matching up with the top's neckline (I lightened the texture a bit to make it easier to see):

So just edit your alpha so that the white area ends at your top's neckline rather than at the black background bit behind and above the neckline, and you should be good.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 8:48 AM
It's fixed! All thanks to you. Thank you ever so much. Another project I thought I'd end up trashing, but your help completely saved it. :3
I tried to see if the alpha was the issue on my short sleeve sweater texture, too - but I couldn't even find the RLES in my .package file. I think I uploaded my mesh to the nude female top base - could that be the problem? I'm not sure how else to import that mesh, though... I've seen people import meshes that are similar to clothing shapes that already exist, so I tried that, but nothing fit well. It's hard to even notice the texture issue, I didn't catch until after I already made a butt ton of recolors and tested it in CAS... it's like the mock neck in the sense that it extends past the sleeve slightly, but when I bring it down it adds a flesh texture to the sleeve. @_@
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  shortsleevenew.zip (2.37 MB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 1:45 PM Last edited by Esmeralda : 27th Apr 2016 at 2:14 PM.
Sorry, took a quick look at that one but what I thought would fix it, didn't, and I'm out of time now. Hoping someone who's more of an in-depth clothes mesher than I am will come along! (ETA: Seeing that you're using Sims 4 Studio, if you don't get further advice here you could try over there in their Creator Help section - they're usually pretty quick to respond.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 9:35 PM
Thank you for taking a peek anyway! :3 I'll try posting in the other forum.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 11:56 AM
Just as a head's up, the problem is fixed! It was a UV map issue - the skin bit was overriding the shirt texture part, so the "arms" had to be scooted down a little. Thanks again for everything, though! <3