Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2018 at 5:19 PM
Default Help with creating CC hair
Hi everyone! I'm new to making custom content anything and I'm having a problem when I import my mesh to sims4studio it looks weird. It shows the bangs I added but some parts aren't there and the braid mesh doesn't seem to be taking the new one either. I have made sure the cut numbers were the same also but it's still not working. I followed a tutorial doing the same thing and it worked but for some reason with these meshes they aren't working. I'm using the Get Together braid and the Bowling Night bangs.

Any help or tips are appreciated! Thank you! :D
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 4th May 2018 at 2:30 AM
Moved from Modding Discussions.

Since you're having a problem with S4S and Blender you should ask in the S4S forum. However, if you'll upload your package I'll take a look and possibly have suggestions.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2018 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Moved from Modding Discussions.

Since you're having a problem with S4S and Blender you should ask in the S4S forum. However, if you'll upload your package I'll take a look and possibly have suggestions.

Yeah I figured as much after I posted sorry! And thank you so much I really appreciate the help! I zipped the package file and the blender file in case you wanted to see that too: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgesu0aoofwo49d/braid_help.zip?dl=0
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 5th May 2018 at 10:29 PM
I can see a few problems here:

The bangs mesh's visible side appears to be turned to the inside so it's invisible from a normal outside view but at the right angle you can see the inside. The faces need to be reversed and the normals aligned. Sorry, I don't know how to do that in Blender but you can Google "blender reverse normals". I think the same thing is true of the full hair braid mesh but it's not present in your package so I'm just going by how it looks in Blender.

I'm not at all sure about this part: In the package you uploaded there's no full hair with the braid, yet in the Studio pics above it seems to be there so I don't know what's going on with that unless Studio imported it but didn't include it in the package for whatever reason. Anyway, in the .blend there are four meshes: one hat cut, the full hair with the braid, the bangs, and the other hat cut. There should be three: the full hair and two hat cuts. You need to merge s4studio_mesh_2.000 and s4studio_mesh_2.001.

Sorry I can't be of more help - I don't use Studio or Blender (beyond the very most basics).

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4