Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 9:04 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 8th Jun 2018 at 9:33 PM.
Default update on my packs
purchased remaining expansions; Open For Business, Bon Voyage, Freetime. again through Amazon.
and again, the purchase was split into separate orders. OFB & FT in one order, BV in the other.

the Prima Guide purchases for those packs were around the same time as my other Sims2 Prima Guides.

downloaded the patches for those packs around the same time as the other Sims2 patches; and through same source.

would update profile after installing the packs.

I think I would wait till after last arrival before installing the packs.

did a similar thread a number of months ago. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...149#post5311149
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 9:43 PM
So they stop giving away Ultimate Collection?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 9:53 PM
have not attempted to get Ultimate Collection; and I do not plan to attempt that.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 9:20 PM
Default updates
Open For Business and Freetime arrived yesterday and was brought home this morning.
Bon Voyage shipped today; email told it would arrive Thursday.
Alchemist
#5 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
have not attempted to get Ultimate Collection; and I do not plan to attempt that.

Just curious, what do people dislike about getting UC?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 10:30 PM
Origin? Idk, current UC update forces you to play trough Origin. I understand that older versions (mine included) do not need to have origin online and running to be able to run UC. Idk if you download it now do you get the older versions and then choose to install update, and if there is a way to avoid origin on the newest update. But yeah, people mostly don't want to fiddle with origin.

I don't want either, but if that means having free Sims 2 with all EPs SPs and a bit of additional content, then I mean... what could hurt?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Just curious, what do people dislike about getting UC?
for me it is not "dislike".

two reasons I do not plan to get it::
-AnyGameStarter; be able to play any combination of the packs.
-gaming computer does not have internet.
Instructor
#8 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 11:30 PM
AnyGameStarter has been updated to work with UC.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
checked the page a number of days ago; Mansion & Garden would be an automatic selection. so "any combination" would not be applicable with that version.
Alchemist
#10 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Origin? Idk, current UC update forces you to play trough Origin. I understand that older versions (mine included) do not need to have origin online and running to be able to run UC. Idk if you download it now do you get the older versions and then choose to install update, and if there is a way to avoid origin on the newest update. But yeah, people mostly don't want to fiddle with origin.

I don't want either, but if that means having free Sims 2 with all EPs SPs and a bit of additional content, then I mean... what could hurt?

It's easy to avoid Origin by making your shortcut point to the Sims exe file instead of Origin, but I get why you might not want to deal with them. I'm running Windows 7 on the Sim machine, so haven't dealt with updates.

@mdsb759, Oh, yeah, the AGS thing makes sense, but, if that's the deal, wouldn't it also be useful to know mods work with UC?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001

But means you HAVE to have M&G in any combination. Not useful if you're building a base game only lot.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 10:57 AM
I had wanted to build a base game lot only once when I offered help to hood building group. But that meant installing a separate base game, and I'm already low on disk space (from all TS3, TS2 and other games I have).
It was just too much work getting it to install separately on windows 10 and I just dropped it. Too bad, as hood building group usually bulds stuff for base game only andd I wanted to take part.

I think I was also told that AGS cannot start base game only.
Instructor
#13 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 1:44 PM
Yep, you're right. I looked at the download page and it says there that M&G is the only executable that comes with the UC, so it is mandatory. My bad.
Scholar
#14 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 10:53 AM
I was offered UC by EA a month ago while asking about where to buy Castaway Stories. So it is still being given away. Also, I reinstalled Windows and UC and I can still easily play without Internet or Origin, so the new update (came just before on the same day I installed the UC) does not force you to do anything different.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Alchemist
#15 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
I was offered UC by EA a month ago while asking about where to buy Castaway Stories. So it is still being given away. Also, I reinstalled Windows and UC and I can still easily play without Internet or Origin, so the new update (came just before on the same day I installed the UC) does not force you to do anything different.

Which Windows version? Just wondering if that makes any difference.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 7:38 PM
Bon Voyage arrived Wendesday and was brought home yesterday.
installed the 3 expansions and their patches during the night.

about mods working with UC; I think that would be obvious. from my understanding, Ultimate Collection's gameplay is not any different than the disc versions combined.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 9:58 PM
Any mod that works on M&G should work with the UC. Programs are a different matter, because the UC decided to change around some of the folder paths (e.g. for saves) for no good reason.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#18 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
But means you HAVE to have M&G in any combination. Not useful if you're building a base game only lot.

Yep. And we Mac users are always happy when someone builds or creates something that doesn't require FT, AL or M&G to run as we don't have them and are never likely to, given that EA didn't license them to Aspyr for conversion. It's certainly why I stick to the disk versions on my Windows partition.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
Yep. And we Mac users are always happy when someone builds or creates something that doesn't require FT, AL or M&G to run as we don't have them and are never likely to, given that EA didn't license them to Aspyr for conversion. It's certainly why I stick to the disk versions on my Windows partition.

Can I ask about this? I have a windows partition on my mac too, but I'm playing UC on it. Do you just prefer the disks?