Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3401 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 5:25 PM
Malcolm Ladngraab IV doesn't really care much for his lazy bubble blowing son Douglas. He tried getting Doug involved in the family businesses but he isn't interested. He found a job in the Adventurer career track but that isn't the kind of thing Malcolm had in mind for his youngest son. Especially not how he had fallen in love with his old nanny Klara Vonderstein (who turned out to be a spy!). Francis J. Worthington III suggested an arranged marriage between Douglas and his eldest daughter Miriam Worthinfton. Miriam is a nice girl, but is a lesbian and Francis's wife doesn't approve. Francis isn't one for people, and doesn't care either way so he just goes along with his wife (even though he is bisexual). Miriam and Doug, although not attracted to each other at all for obvious reasons, make for a great couple. They quickly became friends around the bubble blower. They're both very playful pleasure Sims. This might work out (to an extent!). In other news, Malcolm's eldest son Malcolm V went off to university, and middle child Calvin will be joining him soon.

Kaylynn Langerak just found out she's pregnant with baby number 10. I think the father is Tommy Ottomas, I saw him sneaking out of the house at midnight but I'm not fully sure. Currently living at home with Kaylynn are the triplets, Carter, Hunter and Savannah (Todd Traveller's children), Toddler Denise (Chaz Whippler's daughter) and Charlotta (Francis J. Worthington III). Charlotta became a toddler today, so now there's two tots to take care of and all the older children who use to help Kaylynn are moved out.

Recently widowed Wanda Tinker has rolled a want to get married. I'm taking it as her being lonely, as apposed to actually getting married. Maybe she's just going a little crazy, or maybe she's actually ready to move on this quickly. Her son Donald just got engaged and his fiancée Maida (Patel) moved in to help him run the little family business. I decided to buy Wanda a cow... Just because I downloaded all the Sun&Moon animals yesterday. She wanted a kitten. But ah well. Janie Tinker came home from sneaking out with her boyfriend Dean Dreamer and OF COURSE she's pregnant.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3402 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 9:31 PM
It was Birnam Wood's birthday. While he was at school, Cherry planned a surprise party. She invited only Ash and Holly, but it was still supposed to be nice. Cherry had spent all day in kitchen making burgers and chips, and she got a cake and even a bottle of Champaign. Holly refused to come.
Cord and Cherry both have wants to be best friends with Holly and for her to succeed in school, but Holly hasn't forgiven how they treated her. And who knows if they actually accept her! Maybe it's just their new way of trying to "fix" her.
Birnam had to invite Holly over himself. She couldn't say him no, and she came in just the moment everyone sat down for burgers. It was almost a nice dinner, but when Cherry's pregnancy came up, Ash didn't hesitate to say that he doesn't approve of it and doesn't want a new sibling. Cherry fell asleep in middle of conversation.
Birnam grew into happy teenager, a science and fantasy nerd with strong political opinions (exactly the opposite of Cord's political views, of course). Cherry and Cord sneaked out of party to woohoo. Ash and Holly gossiped about their common acquaintance, and then "kids" went outside to play. Gabriela Newson, Birnam's friend from school, quickly find common ground with Ash, and Birnam caught up with Holly. Whatever happens next, their parents can't ban them from talking to one another now. Party ended as roof riser, and Gabriela and Ash went home.
Holly stayed for a while. Cord tried to talk to her, but all conversations ended badly. He then asked her to play red hands, but she refused. Cherry had to chime in to save a situation. Holly was friendlier with her, and Cherry promised to help her with money for college. She would love if Holly moved back in, but that's not happening right now. Cherry still refuses to turn Holly's bedroom into nursery, though.
Cherry had to go to bed early as her energy bar was very low. Cord continued his efforts to find a contact with Holly. He told her few jokes (it worked) and played chess with her (it worked until he cheated and she noticed. Twice). Holly left around 1 am, and soon after Rob Steele run into house, went straight to fridge and helped himself with snacks. Because sims apparently do things like that.
Instructor
#3403 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 10:11 PM Last edited by Yvelotic2001 : 2nd Jul 2018 at 9:01 PM.
I'm currently tidying up my BACC neighbourhood, adding descriptions and bios and that sort of thing as well as adding more hood deco, so not much actual playing has been done. So, the excerpts of my Sims' daily lives posted here are from ths rotation, though not exactly recent in real-life time.

The Peixoto family (my founding family) left their original home to their new mansion, a three-storey, ultra-modern house with 4 bedrooms with plenty of space for everyone. Maria married townie Orlando and he moved in as well. Florbela aged up and will move out soon.
Stefano de Angelis divorced Celina. He is now living with his son Mauro in their home while Celina lives in the same building as Kasia and Eulália. Stefano's cat Rigatoni died, thus the only moneymaker in the house died. Stefano is strapped for cash, but he needs to keep his image of a wealthy retired model to the outside world. He hopes Mauro grows up soon so that he can provide for the both of them.
Diana and Claro Jung moved into their new house, as the old one couldn't accomodate two young children and a cat. Their new place, while not a mansion, is a very comfortable house, suitable for an upper middle class family like them. They are now saving to buy their second business, a pet shop.
Kasia Stawski is expecting Filipe Sims' baby. In the meantime, she painted some more masterpieces, now having enough to open her own art gallery with the help of her boyfriend. She found a new roommate, Simão Paredes, after her best friend Micaela moved out. Kasia and Simão get along really well.
Eulália Beja, Kasia and Celina's neighbour, is pregnant, but she doesn't know who the father is. They could be her neighbour Simão's child.
Alex K. Palmer is growing closer and closer to Celina, even though they did not like each other at first. He got his dream job as a businessman.
Mad Poster
#3404 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 11:31 PM
My romance sims are getting into the homewrecker groove.

First, one of my family sims got married to a dormie in college and starting having kids before even graduating thanks to Lamare. Anyway, she and her husband are in a greek house with her romance sim cousin, who is now married to a family sim but was previously available for hookups without slapping. One of his hookups was Heather Huffington, who is now a playable sim in my game living in a kind of free love romance sim household. Anyway, Heather was invited over to the greek house for some quality time in the hot tub. Afterwards, she socialized with the other greek house members, and my family sim's husband (Daryl) made friends with her. Then when go to play her house, she is rolling a want to fall in love with Daryl. I never deny my romance sims, so I have him cheat with her. Fun fact, the Maxis romantic socials actually did not work on him, but the ACR ones did! They are now in love and Heather is pregnant with his child. Now, since Daryl has been over to the free love house, the other female romance sim in the house is rolling wants to be his best friend. I hope it doesn't go further than that.

Meanwhile, my romance sim who is married to another romance sim in a happy open marriage is pursuing his LTW of having 20 lovers. I decided that married family sims are off-limits, but their spouses aren't! His wife brought home her cousin from work, so they made out a little and fell in love. She won't woohoo him, though, even with ACR.

I kinda don't want to break up either of those couples, so those affairs will probably continue to be secret. The romance sim married to the family sim, though, I want to break them up after they have a few kids (her LTW is grandchildren, his father's LTW is married children). Then he can live his romance sim life in peace and she can marry someone who's more interested in staying faithful. Or not, because you know, with all the romance sims in my hood it's probably only a matter of time.
Field Researcher
#3405 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 8:28 PM
I reset all my hoods (again!) because for some reason in my eyes they acted too weird all of a sudden... I downloaded the clean hoods from meetme2theriver (also the clean stealth hoods) and I started over.
Since I "discovered" Riverside, I've always dreamt how nice it would be to have this hood in a kind of megahood with Pleasantview (you know, Don Lothario runs into his "other-self" Don Baxter, Dina Ross meets her own "other-self" who I think it's Nina and not Dina Caliente...), so I downloaded Riverside as a shopping district too. Also, recently I have been watching "Let's Play Pleasantview" by pleasantsims, here in mod the sims and I found out about the order guide to play the families given by EAxis' Official Prima Game Guide and I thought it would be nice for once to actually follow the scripted scenarios of the premades (that was the original plan but somehow changed in the process ).

I started with Pleasantview's Don and he had a one week's "bachelor" party. He had his usual woohoos with both Caliente sisters, Kaylin and some townies. Also, his LTW this time is to become a Hall of Famer and since I had never played him doing this job in the past, he quit his medical career and he went for the athletic one (he has a lot of active points and his One Hobby is Fitness, so I think it suits him better). After he had his week of fun, I went to the Goths for his and Cassandra's wedding...
When Cassandra planned her wedding party, I found out that Bella was in her relationships panel and I thought it would be nice to have her mother there, so Bella got and invitation too. The party was a "roof-raiser" (or whatever it's called when it's a great party) and Mortimer asked Bella to move in and then he proposed to her (I had never him reunited with Bella before so, all the scenarios went down the toilet ). The bad thing is that even with the mod for townies to not lose their memories when they are moved in, for some strange reason, Bella lost hers but, thankfully, not her relationship with Mortimer, Cassandra and Alexander. After the wedding, both Cassandra and Don rolled wishes for an island vacation and I thought "why not?", so Don called for the arrangements and they left immediately after the party ended... Or they tried to leave... When they were in the car going to Twikki Island (and after I saw that they got the aspiration points for their granted wants) the game crashed and I was scared that I would have to play the wedding all over again. When I went back in the game, fortunately, it was like they had just arrived home in front of the Goth mansion... Don, probably, thought that he still had jet-lag because he still had a want to go for a tour until the next morning
Don and Cassandra stayed in the mansion for 1-2 more days and I realized that this was not going to work at all and they had to move out! Don and Bella 3-bolted from the first moment and they "heart-farted" each other everytime they were in the same room and when they were not together they... "heart-farted" each other in their thoughts . Of cource, Bella's Romance aspiration was no help in the matter but the situation didn't change even after I changed it to Family, like I think it should be (I've never played the Sims 1 and I have no idea what was hapenning there but in my mind I always considered her a Family sim.). So, Cassandra and Don moved out and they lived on their own. I finished the week with them and, since Cassandra got pregnant on wedding night, they now have toddler boy, who I named him Gunther (Mortimer is still alive so I didn't want to go with Mortimer jr.). They hired a butler to help them with the house and the toddler and he was as infuriating as the one in my Pleasantview before the reset. He has elf-ears (why?) but that's not the infuriating part. The reason I fired him was that after Gunther aged up to toddler and Cassandra used her days off work to teach him his toddler skills, the stupid butler was ALWAYS in the way, trying to give Gunther a bottle, toss him in the air, talk to him... Geez! The butler ruined the last chance I gave him when he made Gunther leave his potty trainning 3 times-in-a-raw and... "go" in his pants because the idiot wanted to tickle him . He is lucky I only fired him instead of... killing him!
Next week I went back to the Goths (Don and Cassandra "kept" the Lothario last name, thank you Sim Manipulator ) for Mortimer's and Bella's wedding. I threw a party for that wedding too and... Dina Caliente came uninvited! This party was not as successful as Cassandra's was but it was funnier. Before Don and Cassandra moved out, Alex and Cassandra kept wishing for a puppy and I got it for them. The days I played the Goths before the wedding the puppy had aged up. During the wedding all Don was doing was playing with the dog and... flirting with Dina. Thankfully, no one saw them but when I checked the dog after the party had ended, his relationship with Don was all negative, probably the dog knows !
Anyways, life went on, Bella got fired from the Slacker career (due to a chance card that went bad!) and now she works as a Journalist. And she is pregnant... Since they have the same elf-butler the Lottarios had and all he does is trying to "replace" the gardener (he never cooks, he never cleans ), if he gets in the way when the baby is born, he'll be out of there too .
Mad Poster
#3406 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 1:10 PM
@natbsim75 - sounds like a fun hood. I did play Bella in sims 1 and always thought of her as more of a popularity sim because she was the first visitor every sim had when they moved into the hood. I can see that as romance and I can also see her as family.

I don't mind saying I'm glad that rotation is OVER! My Ademanda-Lapham family is a refugee group that got stuck together when they first resettled in Elsewhere, so it's a large group to begin with. They were just sent back to the prison district because someone ratted out Octavio for being a bigfoot. He was exterminated and the rest of the huge family exiled. The very first thing that happened was Marie, who was just getting her feet wet as a witch, had a grand idea to resurrect Octavio and have him be the servant of the house.

Within three days everyone was either dead or a zombie, themselves. They had taken to hanging out in front of the house and attacking passersby. Also, all the women were somehow pregnant and had multiples, so there are like 12 toddlers and infants, all being ignored because their parents are too busy killing off the populace.

Eventually, Whippler, the only human left, decided maybe the family should split up. They can move freely around the prison district, so there was no reason for them all to stay together. They broke into small groups, separated by their families, and each moved. Some stayed in the Nowhere Prison District, while others asked for transport to the the newly opened Yesterday Prison District.

The only one left was Octavio, the one who started ALL the problems. Poor fellow. There was still a little humanity burning somewhere in his heart. He stomped around the house, looking for anyone to talk to. He began reflecting on his life and was unhappy with what he found. He had no job, he lived in a prison, and he was very unlikely to attain the three little girls he'd always wanted.

He realized all he wanted now was to go back to the afterlife. So, he found a blessed object Marie had forgotten to take with her. And he ended it all.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#3407 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 7:09 PM
Caesar Rafferty gave Judith a cheque for half the value of the house and told her to get out. Judith was pole-axed; she hated his guts, of course, had done for years, but she'd been hoping to make the rest his life as miserable as he'd made most of hers.

After driving around town for a couple of hours trying to decide whether to rent or buy, she found a freestanding rental place that shared a swimming pool with one other household, and figured that would do nicely. As luck would have it, the landlord was on the premises already, so she was able to sign the lease and start moving in. She'd call Claire in the morning and suggest that if any of the girls didn't go to college, they could move across to Judith's place when they finished school. That would free up a bit of room at the Group Home for the steady stream of younger girls that seemed to be finding themselves on the streets these days, and give Judith some company in her old age.

Meanwhile, Caesar asked Cola and baby Fanta to move in. Cola had been trying to get together with Tarek Lari, but she figured if the old man wanted to acknowledge Fanta she should play it for whatever it was worth. He wouldn't be around forever, and she and Tarek would still be young enough once the old geezer was gone. Although she probably didn't need to wait that long. Caesar was always so busy with minding the town's business and creaming off whatever he could; she'd have plenty of chance to sneak out on dates...
Forum Resident
#3408 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 3:25 PM
With the help of Mootilda's LotAdjuster, I managed to make my farm reside on a dirt path rather than a road. I think it looks great, and to be honest, I often find that placing a farm on a normal road can look a little off. I'm going to line the path with trees and add a pond in the gap between the curved bit and the house.
Field Researcher
#3409 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 4:36 PM
smorbie1, it's getting funnier every moment I play
I have finished the first round of all the families in Pleasantview. I placed the Burbs and the Oldies in houses too.
Herb Oldie is not a Romance sim any more. He has a brand new Knowledge aspiration. It always bothered me to play elder Romance sims but I was trying to keep up with the premades' aspirations. Reading a sims' story, gave me the excuse I was looking for... Since Herb didn't get his LTW to woohoo with 20 different sims during his adult life (and it was NOT my fault ) he decided to settle down and be a faithful husband to Coral. Problem soved! They adopted a child too, a boy named Claudio (I wanted a girl but... whatever!). Poor kid had to go through major plastic surgery because he was one of the uggliest kids I've ever seen. I never got lucky with adopting in the past and it didn't change now.
Playing the Burbs, confirmed me for one more time that John is the laziest sim I've ever played, despite the fact that his personality points don't show that. He is even worse than Wanda Tinker! He doesn't want to get a job, he complains when I tell him to clean or fix something and now that they have a new baby (because he wanted it!), he never goes autonomously to care for the little guy. Jennifer always runs in the nursery when the baby needs something if she is at home and she is not skilling up for her Business career. All that John does, if I leave him alone, is eating and... taking bubble baths (Only pregnant sims are allowed to have bubble baths in my game ). He also has a crush on Brandi Broke. Perfect! Talking about the perfect Family sim... But he is too lazy to act on his crush, all he does about it is "heart-farting" Brandi in his thoughts. By the way, I really like Jennifer and I think I'll have her leave his pathetic lazy a** in the bathtub along with his bubbles and find a real man!

The Brokes are doing fine. For once I didn't move them to a better house and I'm trying to play them in their little home. And, since the Let's Plays I watch got me inspired, I don't obsess with children's and teens' homework any more and the same thing goes for adults' skills. Everyone is free to do their homework or learn skills autonomously or roll a want for that and I'll "guide" them to do that. So, by the end of the Broke's rotation, Dustin almost got fired from his job because of his low grades at school. And because he is a smart kid, he rolled the want to ask for homework help from Brandi and then he did autonomously the whole week's homework that he had left around the house! I wanted to pass though my monitor and kiss him ( , Dustin!). He also, helped a lot with Beau before he aged up and now with the new baby (damn, I can't remember what name I gave him ). Brandi won't have a job until the baby becomes a child, but she is on her way to become filthy rich. With the welfare hack and all those kids and her skills, she gets about 700 simoleons a day (that's a lot of cash ). She, also, has 2 bolts with Darren Dreamer but for the time being, they are only good friends who, mostly, talk over the phone. Of cource, Darren is still in love with Cassandra but he seems to like Brandi too.

Playing the Pleasants gave me a shock, but it was a good one! OK, I'll admit it, I always liked Lilith more that anyone else in this family but I always prefer the "misunderstood" characters in books, movies and TV shows (I never go for the "I'm the good guy and HE is the bad one" type of characters) and I believe that Lilith is one very misuderstood girl. By the way, Daniel did his usual "first day game" with Kaylynn and didn't get caught and, for some very strange reason, he doesn't roll wants to learn his skills to get promoted in his job but (apart from the wants to woohoo and make out with different sims), he always rolls wants to gain cooking skill points (midlife crisis, maybe?). So, that's what he does...
Anyways, the shock came from Lilith. On the first day I played the family, she had the want to get a job in the Music career. I locked it but, of cource, she couldn't do that at the time because of her bad grades. When the girls came home after school (Angela with Dustin, of cource!), Lilith had the wants to do her homework and ask for homework help ! She had never rolled for that in the past and I was trying to find a way to do that for her. I knew that her parents were out of the question, so I told her to call Coral and invite her over. She refused to come because "her therapist...", whatever that lame excuse is that sims give to decline an invitation. Damn it, Coral, your relationship with Lilith was not that good but both bars were positive (around 10) and she IS your granddaughter and not some stranger from the steets... So, Lilith called Herb, she talked to him for a while to raise the relationship and when they hung up, she called back and she invited him over. He came and it was then that I realized that she could not ask for his help on her homework They had become friends and he is family too... All that was just a waste of time! Or it wasn't? Herb stayed for dinner (I used Daniel's new and improved cooking skills ) and while they were eating, somehow Lilith's relationship with Daniel became positive. So, I thought that we didn't have a lot to lose, if he refused, their relationship would become negative again, but what if he didn't refuse? She asked him to help her with her homework and, against all odds, Daniel helped her and he, autonomously, gave her a hug afterwards! I confess I almost ...
For the whole week I played them, Lilith was either doing her homework autonomously or rolling wants to do it. And she rolled wants to skill up for her job. When I left the household, Lilith was an overachiever, all by herself and without any pressure from me. And she has almost become friends with Daniel (except from some bad conversations here and there), her relationship with Angela is also improving (mostly because I stop Angela from trying to poke her sister and partly from playing chess together) and she has the LTW to become an Icon, which I think is even better for her that the Rock God one (actually, it was the first that came up when I used the SimBlender to change the lame LTW she originally had, to become friends with 20 pets, nope, I love pets but I'm not doing that ).

Things are not that good for the Dreamers. Darren is doing fine but I can't say the same thing for Dirk. Darren is in the Artist career, in fact he has a University degree like all the other premade playable adults (thanks to the idea pleasantsims' let's play, gave me!) and when I'll play them again, he'll probably pursue the friendship/attraction he and Brandi share. Dirk, on the other hand, is just being a pain... He doesn't do his homework and he doesn't wish for any job at all. All he wishes for is to earn money and play computer games and video games. Nothing more... By the end of their week, his grades had slipped to C- and his homework made a... tower next to the desk (but, I'll have to admit that he puts them very carefuly and it's a very well-shaped tower ). Since Dirk didn't give me anything to do for him and he was perfectly capable to care for his needs, playing this household became a kind of ISBI challenge. I played only with Darren who was very co-operative with his wants and Dirk was on his own, going to school, coming home to his games and... woohooing with Lilith after he booty-called her almost every day. I still have hopes for him, though, because with Bo's aging hack, sims age only every Sunday. So, they all have looong way to go and hopefully Dirk will snap out of his... coma like Dustin did!

I have moved to Riverside now (Pleasantview's shopping district along with Bluewater Village) and it is hilarious (I love Riverside :lovestruc ) but I think this post is already too long!
Scholar
#3410 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 5:58 PM
Right now nothing is happening in my game since i haven't played for the past week or so;i've been doing an Agnes Crumplebottom 100 Baby Challenge on TS3.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Forum Resident
#3411 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 6:27 PM Last edited by didyouevenmakeasound : 5th Jul 2018 at 7:33 PM. Reason: wording
Europa is coming along well, I'm starting what I like to call the 'Lover's Lane' (it's called Mellow Blvd., maybe I should actually call it Lover's Lane?), so called because the lots are the size 1x2, making the houses only big enough to fit a pair of cohabitees. The houses are all light-coloured and use the fairy-tale build mode stuff that come with...open for business?
Mad Poster
#3412 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 8:37 PM
as much as I hated my last rotation is exactly how much I loved this one.

the Ramirez family has also been exiled to the prison district for nonpayment of taxes. At the beginning of the rotation, the family consisted of Sullivan, his second wife, Rose, his teenaged daughter, Taylor, and their cute, little toddler, Royce. Rose was pregnant. Along for the ride was their room mate La Shawn Cameron.

this family is an exception to the rule in that they were all employed when exiled and have all kept their jobs. This includes Taylor, who was serving an internship at the high school she used to attend (can't go to school in the prison district).

Unfortunately, the baby got a fatal case of the mumps shortly after they moved. He lost his battle pretty quickly. The family was devastated. But they were so busy when the twins were born that they didn't have time to dwell on it anymore.

They were able to buy land with a structure already on it. They have small hunting lands, but no real room for crops. They are planning to plant some on their flat roof. Also on the roof is the water collection tower and the bath fixtures they were able to buy.

Taylor did such a good job as an intern that when she grew to adult, she was offered a job as a teacher in the high school, level 5!

Ever the savvy business people, Sullivan and LaShwan opened up the ONLY store in the district. They started small, but eventually plan to sell everything, including groceries. This should keep people from starving to death.

AND, despite their store being a 24/7 business, I only saw one of the zombies and he was minding his manners. In fact, Taylor was making googly eyes at him, but I directed her in the direction of someone more appropriate. I'm proud to announce the marriage of Taylor Ramirez with Abel Kent. He has moved to the prison district to live with her and even taken her name. His parents are not pleased.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3413 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Europa is coming along well, I'm starting what I like to call the 'Lover's Lane' (it's called Mellow Blvd., maybe I should actually call it Lover's Lane?), so called because the lots are the size 1x2, making the houses only big enough to fit a pair of cohabitees. The houses are all light-coloured and use the fairy-tale build mode stuff that come with...open for business?

It sounds pretty and cozy. Normally I would say Lover's Lane is a bit on the nose, but this is the Sims so you can't really have kids parking all along the street. If you want to name it Lover's Lane, do so.

I grew up in a town with a Lover's Lane road. I guess it was a make out spot back in the day, but it was just a neighborhood road by the time I came along.

Oopsie, I may have double posted. Sorry

Field Researcher
#3414 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 3:27 AM Last edited by Annorah : 7th Jul 2018 at 2:52 PM.
I am still playing Strangetown in my megahood.

Ophelia has run away! She was eating when suddenly "I'm tired of you guys! I'm leaving home!" happened. In my head, this occurred because Ophelia had invited both Ripp and Johnny while Olive was out on her first date with Consort. Male teens are strictly forbidden at night in the Specter house, so a long lecture had ensued. That may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, although it was the only negative interaction I made these women perfom. Still an interesting plot twist, I guess, as Ophelia and Olive did not have such a terrible relationship. In fact, Olive has been crying her eyes out ever since, so instead of moving Ophelia out as I usually do in these cases, not a whole day passed that I had already commanded Olive to call and report Ophelia missing. I left the household as soon as Ophelia stepped out the police car and Olive genuinely apologised to her.

I was expecting Ripp to run away first, since oh my God, his house is hell! But that did not happen. I firmly want to believe the General and Tank are not monsters. I mean, I do NOT think they are evil, hence I do not play them as antagonists or something, but dang it, I turn around and poor Ripp is already crying near the darkest corner because of them. Eventually Ripp did pack his bags and left without second thoughts, and poor Buck was devastated. It was painful to watch. Once I am finished with this rotation, I am definitely moving Gvaudoin, Lilith and Ripp together. The girls have also ran away, and they are the only friends each other has without counting Ripp... Coincidence? I THINK NOT! I will see how they handle this.

What else...? Oh, the Smith household! That old dusty lamp has been collecting even more dust for quite a while now. Normally, I do not play or interact with creatures unless I feel really compelled to make a sim one (Titania = good witch, a Tricou or two = vampires, Olive = evil witch, etc...) but the presence of the genie here has kind of... motivated me. Plus, I have never used even one of the wishes, soooo... Glarn, my dear, each day you are closer to resurrection. I have always liked Jenny and PT9 as a couple, but ACR and Herb Oldie have charmed Jenny into a passionate affair while I was busy with other households and not paying enough attention. Now I am convinced that I must reunite Glarn and PT9, because as I said before, I refuse to believe Glarn was just an experiment. I have always pictured that Glarn really did not know who he was, that he was in denial and at some point, around the time Lola and Chloe were born, he had basically lost his mind (he is a man, after all, delivering the twins must have hurt an awful lot!). All this led PT9 to think his love was unrequited, and then he met Jenny, found out he was a father to two children Glarn had abandonded, "fell in love" again, and yadda yadda yadda. In conclusion, Glarn was his first love and PT9 never really got over him. I can hardly wait for that stage. In the meantime, I have even created memories about their past "relationship" for both of them.

And last but not least... Ajay Loner became a plant sim! It is the first time I have witnessed that. I assure you, it was not in my plans and it certainly was not in Ajay's either. He went into aspiration failure shortly after, though it was to be expected - have you ever paid attention to his interests? His biography hints at the life of a farmer, but he clearly hates nature. I was going to buy a potion at Olive's store to cure him, but I cannot do it because he is so unbelievably cute! I am sorry, Ajay, you can kick and thrash all you want, but you are staying like that for ever. Plus, he seemed happier when I left the house a while ago. I sold all his harvest and even his grass because he wants nothing to do with nature unless it implies digging for treasures. Instead, thanks to Mod 'ur Dig by HugeLunatic, he has his own little home business (Nervous is working there as a cashier!) in which he sells all those decorative items he finds. Also, Ajay is constantly swooning over Kent Capp. They are very good friends and two-bolters, but Ajay is yet to roll romantic wants and at the moment Kent kind of... has a crush on Pascal and is hopelessly in love with Puck. I will definitely keep the idea in mind, though
Mad Poster
#3415 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 1:09 AM
Not in my game, but my older daughter, almost seven years old, decided she wanted to start playing Sims 2.

We've mastered the pause button, which is necessary particularly because she can't read quite as fast as her sims can act. So far she's playing in Veronaville, and she's played Julien Cooke for a day and Bianca Monty for a day, and was charmed that Julien came to meet Bianca when Bianca moved in. She only gets an hour of computer a day, so she hasn't gotten to play much yet.

I highly recommend sharing the game with a young'un.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#3416 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 2:41 AM
In Retropleasantspot, Don was overrun by bugs to the point that he started spraying them himself before Kaylynn came over. Nina, Cassandra, and Kaylynn keep kicking his trash can and Kaylynn's not doing as thorough a job of cleaning up as she might. Dina still likes him, but she also keeps rolling wants to get engaged, so he asked Marisa Bendett out on his day off, instead, and got what he wanted out of it, which was woohoo in bed.

At the Caliente household, Dina's sworn off Don despite that sneaking desire to marry him. He isn't rich enough and Nina saw him first, after all. Nina is still mad at her because of Don, but they mostly made up over chess before Nina got ready for her afternoon date and Dina invited Mortimer over for a dinner of macaroni and cheese. Dina feels that the Mortimer marriage plan is becoming urgent; even with Nina working at a gas station, their bank account was very low. The reappearance of Bella has actually been good for her, because her refusal to explain where she's been and her jealous tantrum when she saw Mortimer and Dina together have got Mortimer mad as heck at her, but the burned hand fears the fire and he still requires delicate handling. He left right after eating - with an encouraging smooch, but she's a long way from home base still.

Nina's best date prospect was Cyd Roseland, who she persuaded to sneak out of barracks and meet her at La Boutique Il Ristorante (converted from the old shopping center). They had such a good date that she got him to go across the street to the (way off-limits) Budget Hotel, but she didn't reach the love point till the date was over. I still have the x-rated items I'm experimenting with upstairs there (I have a teleporter cat who zaps away inappropriate people who wander on) and was a little distracted from the date by the antics of the sims in the background. These things advertise like crazy - I don't think anybody's used either the poker table or the bubble blower I put upstairs along with them. Rhett Hart (who also sneaked out of the barracks; probably showed Cyd how to do it) was there being very busy indeed, at one point making a Don Lothario sandwich with Abhijeet Depiesse. Which really didn't fit my playstyle, and makes "woohooed 20 sims" way too easy, but was funny as heck. Particularly when I went up there and found a naked Lana Mann in there with them - I forgot to check her memories to see who she woohooed with, but am very interested to find out. I took the opportunity to have Nina meet Rhett and expect great things from them. Between paying for dinner and getting hungry enough to load the buffet at the Budget Hotel, Nina got their cash down to $150; but Cyd dropped off not only roses but a DJ booth, which was promptly sold and ended Dina's immediate financial worries.

Tara Kat has a crush on Cyd Roseland, but triple bolts Darren Dreamer and wanted to be friends with him, so she invited him over for chess before going to her night job as a security guard. She's making good progress teaching her cats to eat cat food, not scratch the furniture, and use the litterbox, and got into the police academy. She wants to fall in love, but who has time? Besides, somebody'll have to ask her on a date because she thinks that'd be too forward.

Finally, Darren didn't think twice about Cassandra or Tara, but worked all day on a painting that netted him $83. Dirk took Lilith out bowling to cheer her up after the running away debacle, which worked well, and then her grandmother called him on an outing of family inspection. Herb, Coral, Lilith, Dirk, and Mary Sue went to the Pleasantview Day Spa (formerly that swimming pool/gym), where Mary Sue would not get off Lilith's case. Dirk tried, luring them both into the sauna with him and influencing them to talk to each other, but neither of them could keep their poking fingers to themselves. He and Coral had a long chat and he agrees with her that moving Lilith in with her grandmother would be good for everybody. He had a continual fear of her dying, and I believe thinks she's a suicide risk. He'd like to go to college but seems unlikely to get enough scholarships and doesn't think Pop could survive without him, so has started looking in the paper for jobs, but I hate teen jobs so he'll only get one if it comes up for his LTW career, Show Business. Darren is trying to be a better father, improving his cooking skill and encouraging Dirk to enjoy his teen years; but habit is a hard thing to conquer.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3417 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 3:11 AM
Remember when I stated that the baby delivery service in Tinsel Town was shut down? I was wrong.

Eleanor Shaw wanted another child. One was not enough, and besides, Faye will need someone to rule over. So I put her on the BC but with the option of becoming pregnant. The usual odds are 30% naturally as a default. So how is it that she got pregnant the first time she got a chance?

Yes, there is one (or more...) more child coming. Maybe this time I'll be right.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#3418 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 3:37 PM
Flora Patch gave birth to a baby girl, Arizona, and now refuses to do anything except pick up the baby. Flora, I know you waited a long time to have a child of your own and thought it would never happen, but if you don't eat you're going to die, and Adam will get home from work to find both girls have been taken by the social worker! (They also have an adopted daughter, if you're wondering where the second child came from.)

Pearl Davenport had twins, a boy and a girl, and named them Cheerio and Lucky Charm, respectively. She is also being an idiot about endlessly picking up the babies, as is Soda Pop, while Taffy just keeps getting in everyone's way. Soda Pop and Taffy should be at school, but missed the bus when Pearl went into labour, and Bubblegum had to grow up to free up a crib for one of the twins, so Pearl is probably going to get social worker warnings for both of the children. Soda Pop is worried his teacher is going to report him to his employer; he's seriously considering moving in with his dad now, as Pearl seems to think he's just there to provide free childcare. Looking after Bubblegum while his mum was pregnant was one thing, but she's just automatically dumped the twins in his room, which he doesn't think is fair when he needs to be awake during the day for school, homework and a job, while Pearl has nothing better to do than find another man to get pregnant by. She's currently dreaming of Sebastian Rafferty, who's moved in next door and would solve all her money problems, but Soda Pop somehow doesn't see rich Mr Rafferty being interested in a woman with five children, no money and reputation as a 'Black Widow'.
Field Researcher
#3419 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 2:59 AM
Kara slept with her sister Kaylee's husband, George, while Kaylee was at work. Kaylee doesn't know yet and wants another baby with George because adoption somehow doesn't fulfill that want. Kara's daughter Haylee got a ton of scholarships to Uni. Kaylee and George's son Hardy reached max Charisma and is on the path to the Athletic career. Names spelled weird on purpose because it takes place today.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Scholar
#3420 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 5:14 AM
At the Biggs-Terrill Duplex, Mag GilsCarbo got food poisoning from eating a spoiled sandwich for breakfast. Lakshmi Terrill, despite her highly erratic behaviour at the hospital and the deep red aspiration she was in, was competent in cleaning up the house, and after he threw up a few times, sent Mag to bed. He didn't want to just lay around, and mindful of how Edwin's mind had broken from recent events, chose to put down his perspective in words. A few pages in, he realized that a thin veneer of fiction could make this into something profitable -- just enough so that he didn't get sued or killed, but not so much as to prevent curiosity-seekers from snapping it up. He soon became concerned about writing a trashy book and wanted to write a great novel. He's getting more into this writing thing than he expected!

After cleaning and fussing over the nursery, Lakshmi settled down with her Lifetime Happiness book on the sofa in Marla's room. Mastering the art of equanimity in all situations got her well into green aspiration, and she noticed that household funds were getting low. Unwilling to bother Mag or call Marla at the hospital, she confided in her half-sister Ally Gray as the latter returned from work wanting to quit. Ally had a great idea for getting money without having to ask the Montys for it, and after a bath and a change of clothes, hurried off to the Crypt O' Night Club to put her plan in action. She'd heard that it had a new DJ booth, and was not disappointed; however, upon heading for the dance sphere for a few spins to get her reflexes tuned, she found it already occupied by Tybalt Capp. Uh-oh. Making matters worse, Chester Gieke was also staring at the occupied dance sphere in what looked like a mixture of disdain and panic. Ally beat a retreat to the bar, where she got a cheap drink and watched the situation warily. Tybalt refused to get out of the dance sphere, and Chester clearly had no desire to attempt to extract him or take further action in a crowded club. With the situation at a standoff and the rest of the patrons either gawking or ignoring it, Ally finished her drink and ventured into the dance floor. She entered a dance competition with some townies and Wanda Tinker, and won, making enough money to give her confidence that this was a good racket. She then spent some time trying to get enough courage to approach Bella Goth, who was looking sadly at the gleefully suspended Tybalt, but decided to leave before he finally got out of the dance sphere. Her arrival home with the money was greeted with incredulous pleasure by Lakshmi, and the orange tree in the Monty-side front yard being ready to harvest sweetened the day even more. Now there are fresh oranges to go with the fresh eggs!

Winning the contest gave Ally some more money-making ideas that would allow her to get out of the military as soon as she could, including restaurant guides. So what if she knew nothing about eating out? She could figure it out!
Forum Resident
#3421 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 6:28 PM
I am aggressively trying to get the Curious brothers pregnant. I need to test my new Multi PT mod and the brothers are my best bet since Pascal's already given birth to Nebulae. The one time I need them pregnant and they steadfastly refuse to do it. <deep sigh>
Lab Assistant
#3422 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 7:26 PM
Lilith Pleasant and Sophie Miguel married and moved out after aging up to adult. They are really happy together and super cute and about to adopt a child as soon as funding lines up. Lilith doesn't speak with her family much at all; In fact, they seem more bothered about Sophie not talking to them. In the Caliente household, Dina has started forming a friendship with the Contessa, which should be interesting. Nina enjoys interrupting her forays with Mortimer, and I've decided to pair her up with a blonde townie whose name I've forgotten. Mortimer adopted two children after Cassandra moved out with Don (I roll eyes at myself, don't even remember when I did this but I'm ashamed) and is dedicating the rest of his life and fortune to helping the less fortunate. In Strangetown, Pascal and Nervous are best buds, and both have alien children. Their spawn like each other and I think it'd be cute if they end up dating as teens. I haven't played too much to have gathered much else from the hoods.
Forum Resident
#3423 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 10:12 PM
In my medieval town, the Widespot townies have been given makeovers. I made Skye into a hermit monk - he's lucky, as that way he gets an actual home prebuilt to move into while most of the sims I'm playing with have to build their houses. The Lands have a small nearby farm, and it's also fully built; they've been living in some proximity to the Weiss family for a long time. Everyone else is recently resettled refugees that have made some connections to the locals. The Manns and Beeches have to cut trees and cut stone (or buy wood and ore from other sims) in order to build their shelters. The Hart family have been made the local lords. They owned some remote land but didn't live there prior to the war that most of my sims are fleeing. Their home is a partial shell of an old hunting lodge that needs to be rebuilt and extended to as they get materials. Angel has been resurrected. The Beech family are merchants, and still working in local development; they've been uprooted, but want to improve their new area. The Mann family I made into peasants. Yes, they have a lot of money, but it was illegally gained and they are afraid of getting caught. Their wealth was all in coin so it was portable when they fled with the refugees, but they haven't got the titles and connections to the new kingdom's nobility to safely claim higher class. For now, they are going to be hunters, with a bit of poaching on the side. If Rich doesn't get caught, after his death Junior could buy higher status. Until then, they'll hide their coins under their floor.

I played through a season of the Pleasantview families as refugees. Most of them have been settled into the castle of the new kingdom (the main 'hood) and they travelled together while fleeing the war that has ruined their old kingdom.
Don managed to build himself a one room shelter with a roof, so he's going to get through the winter, but he'll be cooking outside for a while. He was a doctor in the old royal household, and in this new kingdom he is the only doctor.
Nina Caliente is a knight in the royal guard. She, Dina, and Michael started building a barracks, but they aren't making a lot of progress. Dina and Michael re-established their relationship, and Nina spent a lot of time with Don. The result is one baby born (to Dina and Michael) and Nina is pregnant by Don. Nina is the only one in the house who seems to want to work and she rolled a want to marry Don on their last date - he's got a LTW for a golden anniversary, so the two romance sims will marry. I'm not sure what I'll do with Dina and Michael. They just want to make friends and buy things - not very helpful when they don't have a roof yet.
The Dreamers were servants in the old castle, and have managed to get a small hut set up. Darren will be a court artist, Dirk wants to apprentice to the castle blacksmith (Jennifer Burb), and Darleen will work for the different nobles in the castle. Dirk's relationship with Lilith is doing well, and her connection to the Burbs gave him an opportunity to build a friendship with Jennifer. Once there is a smithy, he'll be an employee at it.
The Pleasant household is still a mess, with too many people (Pleasants, Burbs, and Oldies). However, the number of people did help with getting the materials needed for walls. They are crowded, but they have walls, a roof, windows, and room for cooking inside. They even started building a barn for the castle's livestock. They weren't able to bring many animals with them, but they do have enough to breed and hopefully supply animals to future refugees' farms. Mary-Sue stayed furious with Daniel for days, but they made up enough for ACR to kick in and fix their relationship to 100/100 and leave them expecting a baby on the last day of the rotation. Both of them have still have terrible relationships with their daughters. Angela and Lilith have been working on repairing their relationship. The Oldies have been trying to form relationships with their descendants, but aside from Lilith they haven't made much progress. John and Jennifer have been working on their mechanical and body skills, with the goal of eventually moving out to build a smithy for the castle. For now, there is a small forge set up in the corner of the Pleasant lot. Like Mary-Sue, Jennifer was expecting a baby at the end of the rotation. On the second last day of the rotation, Angela greeted Dustin as he walked by. He and Daniel irritated each other, and then he and Angela sneaked off to woohoo (ACR + inteen = new reason for Daniel to be upset). Daniel and Mary-Sue took turns arguing with and lecturing Angela; she's going to move out of the castle and join the Brokes in the harbour area next rotation. Angela has a want to become best friends with Brandi. On the last day of fall, the Burbs had a baby girl and the Pleasants a boy.
I took pity on the Brokes and let them have a premade cottage. It's small and run down, but they were able to fix (earn) a roof for it before the new baby arrived. They'll be making a living fishing and extracting salt from sea water. Setting up the house was irritating. I am using Tarlia's subhoods, and the pregnancy scanner on sim blender was showing the father of Brandi's baby to be a Pleasantview bartender that Brandi didn't know. I also failed to get Skip's tombstone to properly respawn, even though I had no trouble doing that in other 'hoods. I reloaded the family and had Dustin resurrect him instead, terminated Brandi's pregnancy, made her pregnant by Skip using sim blender, and then had Skip drown in the yard. After that, playing the household was good. Brandi's needs were tough to keep up, with the fun motive being the toughest for both her and for Dustin. Beau spent most of his time, once past the grief of Skip's second death, in platinum. Even his new baby sister didn't keep Mom and Brother from playing with him and keeping his needs high. Then Brandi had an accident in the kitchen at 5:45 on his birthday:
Screenshots
Test Subject
#3424 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 12:55 PM
Recovering from a heatstroke!
I've only sent her jogging and she arrived almost dead, I've found her lying on the ground, quickly I place her at home safe from sunrays. I didn't know what to do, but she is alive fortunately. I still can't belive this happened, I though you had to be sunbathing for this lol, I laugh now but if she dies..
The sunburn is cute btw

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#3425 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladybaileys
Recovering from a heatstroke!
I've only sent her jogging and she arrived almost dead, I've found her lying on the ground, quickly I place her at home safe from sunrays. I didn't know what to do, but she is alive fortunately. I still can't belive this happened, I though you had to be sunbathing for this lol, I laugh now but if she dies..
The sunburn is cute btw

Oh, poor girl!
At least she rocks a sunburn. She looks adorable
Page 137 of 350