Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#7801 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
According to the press release, there seems to be celebrity endorsement - who the heck is Baby Ariel?
Maybe it's because I'm in the UK, but I have never heard of this person, lol.... anyway, she and her song is in the game. Yay....
Link - https://simsvip.com/2018/10/09/the-...-press-release/

When I heard the name I expected someone from Toddlers & Tiaras
Googled her and she's a 17 year old girl from Musical.ly/Tik Tok which is a cringy and creepy platform for children and teens to lip-sync and dance to their favorite songs (don't bother looking it up). Now she's apparently some kind of singer.
Remember when they had Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera and Katy Perry in their games or for promotions? I can see the budget cuts more and more. And the new targeted demographic.
Advertisement
Instructor
#7803 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:43 PM
Sort of off-topic, but something that I hate seeing so just vent real quick:

On the official forums, there's a locked thread about the expansion that was posted 4 hours ago.

EA's employees (not mods) swept through and locked the thread, instead re-directing people to a thread made by luthienrising just about an hour and a half ago.

It's small and all, but I always hate that. Doesn't seem professional for staff to play favorites.
Lab Assistant
#7804 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:45 PM
So.... will celebrityism spread like the plague until half+ of your world is famous like it did I’m sims 3? I don’t know if I could live without that, was the best part of the pack. I believe in EA though, im sure they’ll pull it off.
Field Researcher
#7805 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:47 PM
They could have at least gotten Katy Perry again, would've been far more interesting.
Instructor
#7806 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:48 PM
Quote:
Fans in The Sims 4 Get Famous should be on the lookout for a Simmified version of real-life musician and social media star Baby Ariel, whose rise to fame with popular vocal performances on social media can now be emulated by players worldwide. Catch the singer of hit song “Aww” performing a song in Simlish in public spaces or strutting down Starlight Boulevard in the glitzy new world of Del Sol Valley. Want a sneak peek at Baby Ariel in The Sims 4 Get Famous? Tune-in to TODAY on NBC on October 11th at 10:00 am ET to hear the latest.

A celebrity-based Sims pack that's basically one giant commercial/publicity stunt?! Shocking!!!
Forum Resident
#7807 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tamsin88
So.... will celebrityism spread like the plague until half+ of your world is famous like it did I’m sims 3? I don’t know if I could live without that, was the best part of the pack. I believe in EA though, im sure they’ll pull it off.

I'm wondering about that too. SimGuruKate said:

So apparently every career can lead to fame?
Field Researcher
#7809 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:57 PM
I hope being friends w/ celebs doesn't make you a celeb. Like if my sim is famous, would be nice if they had friends who are not famous. I like the idea of other careers minus influencing or acting, so very good news.
Scholar
#7810 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara

If this is indeed the case, then maybe the EP might be a bit better than it sounds - I'm just hoping that EAxis will be able to pull it off.... and do so well.

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#7811 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:59 PM
Will not lose sleep waiting for this, so far. If I get will get at half off. I will want to see more of the world. I do like the pirate ship! :D
Instructor
#7812 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara

I do like the idea of adding other careers to the mix of becoming famous. But I am worried. Like someone mentioned earlier the sims 3s celebrity system was flawed and I would usually opt out as I've read others have too. I hope they have analyzed and fixed that particular issue. Then again I'm not holding my breath... 🤷

Also why do they keep doing this type of thing? Did they not learn from Katy Perry's sweet treats stuff pack? 😑
Theorist
#7813 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 7:06 PM
Quote:
Ariel Rebecca Martin (born November 22, 2000), known professionally as 'Baby Ariel', is an American singer and social media personality, known for her videos on the 15” second videos platform, TikTok, before Musical.ly. Ariel is recognized as one of the most influential people on the Internet by Time magazine[1] and is featured on Forbes' 2017 list of top entertainment influencers.[2][3] She has been nominated for a number of awards, and won the Teen Choice Award for "Choice Muser" in 2016 and 2017.

Time Magazine... Ugh. I wonder when Forbes is going to do a full write up on Logan Paul as he too is a 'influencer'.

Quote:
Fans in The Sims 4 Get Famous should be on the lookout for a Simmified version of real-life musician and social media star Baby Ariel, whose rise to fame with popular vocal performances on social media can now be emulated by players worldwide. Catch the singer of hit song “Aww” performing a song in Simlish in public spaces or strutting down Starlight Boulevard in the glitzy new world of Del Sol Valley. Want a sneak peek at Baby Ariel in The Sims 4 Get Famous? Tune-in to TODAY on NBC on October 11th at 10:00 am ET to hear the latest.

Oh darn, I don't watch TV. It is not allowed in the bat cave, by choice. There is nothing worth watching...
Top Secret Researcher
#7814 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 7:11 PM
I have never heard of Baby Ariel, but she honestly represents EA's target demographic and the nature of modern fame.

It's a lot easier to get famous now (no pun intended). Influencers have incredible star power; younger generations see them on the same level as more traditional celebrities. I was 11 when Superstar came out. If I was 11 now, I would see Baby Ariel as the same as I saw Avril Lavigne in Superstar.

Social media has revolutionized fame. We sound like a bunch of old people grumbling about the old days.:P

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Mad Poster
#7815 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 7:13 PM
Quote:
Fans in The Sims 4 Get Famous should be on the lookout for a Simmified version of real-life musician and social media star Baby Ariel

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#7816 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 7:15 PM
Here's my bets:

1) "Any career can be famous" is a means of utilizing old, existing content to try and expand the content this EP has. And by "expand," I mean it doesn't expand it at all and this is just a shortcut for them to do less work while providing the illusion of more content. Don't get me wrong, it's a welcome addition, but I fear we won't see much content that's completely new and it'll be stuff like this that pads the pack to make it seem bigger than it is. This is something that SHOULD be akin to skill careers in Sims 3: nice to have, but you won't hear anyone saying "oh man the self-employed gardener career was the best ever!!" Unfortunately, I don't think Sims 4 intends to just toss these in and say "oh btw there's also this little feature which is nice too." No, they're gonna promote it like it's an exciting, completely new feature. Hell, they're ALREADY promoting it and the trailer's been out 20 mins.

2) Given how the last couple packs of their have had goals that are way too simple to achieve, I'm betting this'll suffer from fame and wealth being far too easy to achieve. If fame is a plague that hits everyone...? That depends on if they dumb or not, but I bet the content of the pack doesn't exactly feel fulfilling and fame is far too easy to achieve if you take the new career path. (paths?)

3) Content is lacking. I mean just look at the trailer. Seasons showed off every weather type, it showed off skating and some of the holiday events and items, it showed off the lightning ability, the bees, flower arranging...it tried to cram as much into the trailer as it could. By contrast, you can watch this trailer, pause it as much as possible to check out still frames, and learn absolutely nothing about the pack beyond there being an acting career. We have no idea if there's even a new skill, and this pack will be awkward to pull off given that Singing is stuck in another expansion. I'd actually be willing to bet this is where their "any career can be famous" rule comes into play again: they don't have to service a musician career because instead they just grab the existing musician career and slap a fame bar on it, then call it a day and go home.

There is absolutely nothing to see in the trailer, within the pack description or within any of their tweets. This should be alarming.

4) The studio is on fire and they're trying to pretend everything is fine. It doesn't have the budget for this. This is the first time they've tried to deliver two expansions in a year since the initial release, and look at the quality of this second one. It does not seem like this studio is CAPABLE of producing two expansions a year. I mean look at what's happened: what packs have they released this year? One GP, two (shitty) SPs, all of those packs were at the very beginning of the year and were likely produced at the end of 2017, and then we got two expansions. GPs and SPs seem effectively dead JUST to achieve this much, and even with that, this second EP for 2018 is looking pretty bad. No loss in sacrificing the SPs, but I really have to question if this trade off between GPs for this EP is worth it. I mean on paper it sounds nice, but if THIS is the quality of the second EP, then....

But no, they're gonna insist this game has loads of promise and potential and SO MANY EXCITING NEW FEATURES ON THE WAY. They're gonna keep grinning so hard their mouths glitch through their eyeballs (or cheer so hard their jaw ceases to function, like the fan in the trailer) and insist "everything is fine! :D" It's not fine. It's 2018, four years after release, this is the first year they've attempted to pull off Sims 2 and 3's two-EPs-per-year system, and this one looks absolutely awful. And we STILL don't seem to have one Life state per EP, either. Four years in and we have a grand total of two life states.

To be fair, we haven't seen it yet. It could theoretically be great. However, if I could place a financial bet on this, I'd be all-in that this one is gonna be awful.
Mad Poster
#7817 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 7:19 PM
I'm not gonna say it's awful. Awful is City Living, and this trailer hasn't made me think we'll be getting those levels of bad just yet. But yeah, I am slightly disappointed.

The Receptacle still lives!
Top Secret Researcher
#7818 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 7:20 PM
I just want the simulation lag fixed. *shrug*

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Instructor
#7819 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
I'm not gonna say it's awful. Awful is City Living, and this trailer hasn't made me think we'll be getting those levels of bad just yet. But yeah, I am slightly disappointed.

Well the city backdrop "feature" sure has made a return...
Field Researcher
#7820 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 7:25 PM
Something just occurred to me... if we're getting the acting career, does this mean this pack will have a Cinema/Movie Theater lot where we can watch movies and attend the premieres.
Scholar
#7821 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 7:26 PM
There’s apparently going to be a sims camp event in London next week - where the so-called Game Changers get hands-on time with the new EP. Embargo lifts 22nd October, I believe. Got the information from simsvip again but I can’t link the article on my phone - I don’t know how lol... it’s there on the front page of their site if anyone wants to go look...

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#7822 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 7:33 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 9th Oct 2018 at 8:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chax

I know the city in the back is only a useless background but DAMN it looks good...

Apparently, the city is a bit far away though. The closest buildings you see seem to be some kind of "Southern" houses like there is in Oasis Springs and then some random looking houses... Meh.

IMO, the new town looks a bit disappointing- it looks like they mostly recycled assets from the BG and City Living- I was kinda hoping they'd go full SoCal/Los Angeles for this- recycling assets makes it feel like just more of San Myshuno aka Anywherevilleâ„¢.

No Washingtonia Robusta Palms = not Los Angeles! Unfortunately no simmified Los Angeles landmarks to be seen just yet either... even Starlight Shores has more specifically Los Angeles-themed items than this.

I also wonder how the new acting career will play out- will it be like Get to Work where there's just a checklist of things to do everyday (in this case, per shoot)?

Also interesting seeing the limo- I think cars will be new 'rabbitholes' that can transport your sims when clicked on.

Quote: Originally posted by Kompaktive
the other hand, I'm a bit disappointed that you gain your fame by become an actor instead based on skill.

But isn't this how Hollywood works?
Theorist
#7823 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
I have never heard of Baby Ariel, but she honestly represents EA's target demographic and the nature of modern fame.

Social media has revolutionized fame. We sound like a bunch of old people grumbling about the old days.:P

Whatever!

I could spend my time listening to somebody with the name of a toddler, or I can listen to somebody that makes the word 'baby' sexy. I'm not going to go with option A, but I'll listen to option B all frickin' day long. Barry White - Can't get enough of your love baby

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7824 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 7:59 PM
This sounds like a hot mess.. I feel like jungle Adventure had more content.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#7825 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 8:06 PM
Locked thread
Page 313 of 447