Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 9:54 AM
If you're still looking for builders I would love to help, I have a heap of time on my hands atm and really want to see the completed version of this
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HamletOliver
If you're still looking for builders I would love to help, I have a heap of time on my hands atm and really want to see the completed version of this

Thanks a lot! I will upload very soon the world's save. The area I most need help is the suburbs. Every lot needs to have around six shell houses, mostly in tradicional japanese architectural style.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MW_thesism3
Thanks a lot! I will upload very soon the world's save. The area I most need help is the suburbs. Every lot needs to have around six shell houses, mostly in tradicional japanese architectural style.

Can you use this house: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=504166 ?
Mad Poster
#29 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
Can you use this house: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=504166 ?

That house is more Chinese than Japanese.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#30 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 10:52 PM Last edited by HamletOliver : 27th Nov 2016 at 12:08 AM.
Great I have a tonne of time on my hands so I'll start work on that asap

Would something like this house be good? though I would replace the thin wooden one with something else
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 3:53 PM
Default Bankenshima save file and inspiration pics
Quote: Originally posted by HamletOliver
Great I have a tonne of time on my hands so I'll start work on that asap

Would something like this house be good? though I would replace the thin wooden one with something else

Good! I found some many good pics for inspiration!

Inspirations for:

Seichishima (suburbs). Mainly dark gray/blue-ish gray roof, high-fenced, compact houses.

Kuzunaga (slums). Shacks made with wood, newspaper and corrugated metal. Also some borrowed modern apartment buildings (mainly from the 1960s).

Kyushigai (Old City). Modern skyscrapers (with small windows) and a few japanese traditional or edwardian-styled buildings.

Nyushiti (New City). Modern and Post-Modern skyscrapers. For Kyushigai and Nyushiti, lots of billboard signs.

Also, You can dowload now the Save File! The textures I made for the world, they are in a lot named as "Textures" in Kuzunaga district. If you want to use other textures, you can extract it form other lots.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Bankenshima Save.rar (23.03 MB, 166 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#32 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 10:25 AM
Thank you for posting so quickly I'll get started soon, some hectic stuff has kept me a little busy this last week :S but all free this week
Test Subject
#33 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 4:01 PM
I downloaded the save file but when I load the game there are no bridges across the water. I have all expansion packs except for Supernatural, so maybe thats where the bridges come from...Can you possibly make another version of the save game with a different bridge? Ambitions, world adventures...even Riverview bridges would be fine. I and many others would greatly appreciate it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by caseymitch25
I downloaded the save file but when I load the game there are no bridges across the water. I have all expansion packs except for Supernatural, so maybe thats where the bridges come from...Can you possibly make another version of the save game with a different bridge? Ambitions, world adventures...even Riverview bridges would be fine. I and many others would greatly appreciate it

Yes, the bridges are from Supernatural EP. The texturas are in a better quality than the Ambitions ones. And I can't make a save with a modified version of the world. It'll corrupt the files 'cause the new buildings are in the save files.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 5:54 PM
Any updates? Hope the project isn't dead.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Any updates? Hope the project isn't dead.

Not dead, I've just made a pause to upgrade Cosmópolis (another world of mine [1] [2] ).
But at the last month I've worked on some areas, mainly Nyushiti ward:

Advances in Seichishima suburbs:

Some more advances:
Mad Poster
#37 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 5:56 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 8th Mar 2017 at 6:07 PM.
Looks good, but you're definitely going to need to replace that holographic billboard with something more appropriate for 1988. Perhaps look at some other ways to make the world look more period-appropriate? I know I'm going to be playing in it with a VHS filter and era-appropriate Sims, but I think the world itself could do with just a little bit of neon here and there. Maybe some ads too.
It's a very easy theme in that you can do a lot with it, and there's an absolute ton of reference material. I could send you a whole bunch if you want. I have an entire YouTube playlist of TV material from the 80s (it's my graphic design guilty pleasure).

Now that I think of it...1988....Japan...

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 10:21 PM
@GrijzePilion I've already made neon-ish textures for the holographic billboards, but unhappenly an error occurred. And yes, the world will have a lot of ads.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 4:27 PM
And how about the billboards and the street ads from Late Night and Showtime? Should be easy enough to retexture those. It should be more than easy enough, in fact.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 10:49 AM
And how about the billboards and the street ads from Late Night and Showtime? Should be easy enough to retexture those. It should be more than easy enough, in fact.

Also doing it. They aren't finished yet.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 8:07 PM
Hey OP, what's your patch version? My game absolutely refuses to load your save due to "missing EP data". Which isn't true.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#42 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 1:50 AM Last edited by Naitomea_sims : 11th Mar 2017 at 4:05 PM.
HI, just found this by chance. You still looking for a builder? My own world crashed and I'm fed up with it atm. I guess you need houses like these (only for ts3) in your suburbs, right?
http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...&gs=1&f=38&gs=1

Here is one of mine:

If you want, I can re-built mine without CC for you.

Update 11th March: Just loaded your world and noticed you have these HUGE lots of 30x30 and 30x20 in your suburb Seichishima-ku. Instead of wasting so much space to create a tiny house for a Sim or two with empty house shells on the lot, why not make that lot an apartment complex so other Sims can move in autonomously to create those crowded surroundings. An even easier way would be to make the lots smaller by creating two lots where there is one now anyway. You can create great lots esp. of the traditional kind on 10x10/15 and 20x10/15 lots and Sims still can live and move in those houses if you just use the bare necessities.
Have you ever seen the houses that Lylim6 created? She was a master of tiny Japanese houses.
This is a shot of two tiny lots side by side. She used moveobjects on cheat a lot to place objects (esp. plants and trees) right on the border of the lot to make it appear bigger but still usable.
http://s1097.photobucket.com/user/l...shot-6.jpg.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 9:25 PM
Hey OP, what's your patch version? My game absolutely refuses to load your save due to "missing EP data". Which isn't true.

The useless 1.69 patch.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MW_thesism3
The useless 1.69 patch.

Same. Then why isn't it working? I've tried replacing the .meta file and everything, it doesn't load.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 10:52 PM
Requirements for the Bankenshima's save for anyone who wants to play with It (Sorry for forgetting to post this before):

- Base game and all EPs
- High End, Town Life and Decades SPs
- Roaring Heights store world
- Jynx's cornice set and douglasveiga's Ferris Wheel.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 11:19 PM
Yes, but SPs, store worlds and CC aren't technically required, right? The game should still load a save without having those installed. And for the record, I have all three SPs and Roaring Heights installed.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#47 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 12:31 AM
The world loads without the save installed. Looks like bad cc in that save.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 1:14 AM
Yes, but SPs, store worlds and CC aren't technically required, right? The game should still load a save without having those installed. And for the record, I have all three SPs and Roaring Heights installed.

I'm so sorry, no idea how to help you
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 8:26 AM Last edited by joeabuy1000 : 30th Apr 2017 at 4:50 PM.
I encountered this world about a week ago and downloaded it. Although I can't really contribute anything at the moment, I was planning on doing some sprucing up of the version I have right now. I was planning to use it as a secondary setting for the 80s playthrough I have in my other Simblr, alongside a version of Starlight Shores that I modified for the purpose.

For that purpose, I was planning to either wait until the world fills up as you build or do some filling up on my own with some of the pre-existing lots from other modders like Masaharu777, who has a rather large catalogue of authentic, CC-free houses and public buildings done in that style. I'll let you know what I've come up with soon.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 2:26 PM
Definitely digging the castle. It cuts pretty close to how they look IRL.
Page 2 of 3