Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 9:14 PM
Any Suggestions for Legacy Challenge Rules for Pets?
Hello all! I just installed Pets and I'm having trouble figuring out the guidelines, because the official Legacy Challenge Rules doesn't cover Pets EP. Some of my questions are:

-I'm well into my legacy challenge and don't really know if I'm allowed to CAS a Founder Pet, or do I need to adopt a rando?

-Should the Pets be earning any points (like Legacies), or should I treat them like Roommates (no points)?

-I'm looking at the TS2 Legacy Challenge "Family Breed" rule. It would need to be different because there's no Pet careers in TS3. But the Cats/Dogs can max the Hunting Skill, Dogs can learn 6 tricks, and the Horses can max the Racing & Jumping skills. (Unicorns come with a maxed-out skills, so presumably they wouldn't be eligible..?)

-Using the Breed Strength rule it would be something like this:
--CAS Founder gets .5 points or rando Founder gets 0 points.
--Each Mate that's adopted stray gets .5 points.
--Each Mate that joins some other way (huh??) gets .25 points.
--For every Heir & Founder that masters the Pet skill(s), gets .25 points.
--Non-heir siblings do not add points.
--Pet points cap out at 10.

-I'm also looking at the Petacy Challenge and it suggests giving out points if the Pets gets a Painting done. I don't think I like that rule, I feel like I'll get way too many points that way.

But yeah, any suggestions or tips? I'm dying to play but I just don't know what rules to follow!

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 1:30 AM
The primary rule is Have Fun. Since nothing has been added formally, go ahead and adapt that.

"Joins some other way" would probably include buying a pet from a neighbor. You might also possibly say that the unicorn joins some other way, but is not eligible for the skill mastery bonuses. So the most you can get from a unicorn is .25. (Assuming the unicorn becomes the mate of a horse.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 4:00 AM
I know, I tend to take fun things WAY too seriously. So I feel it would go something like this:
-Each Mate that is a stray adopted from the streets is .5 points. (Since it's harder to do.)
-Each Mate that is bought from the store or a neighbour is .25 points. (Since it's easier to do.)

Not that I'm planning on using Horses or Unicorns, but wouldn't asking a Unicorn to join the household be worth .5 points as well? Since it's harder to do and takes several days? I think I might've misread the TS2 rules before, "adopted stray" probably applies to Unicorns too.

-Each Cat-Dog Heir and Founder that maximizes their skill gets .125 points. (Since they have 1 skill.)
-Each Horse Heir and Founder that maximizes their skill gets .25 points. (Since they have 2 skills.)
-Unicorns don't get any skill points.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Site Helper
#4 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 2:13 PM
I don't know; I don't have Pets. That sounds workable, though.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook