Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 4:32 AM
Default sims not wearing outerwear?
Is this a glitch or just sim-stupidity. Its the middle of winter and my sim always changes into her outerwear when going outside. However, no one else does. Everyone's out in tank tops and skirts and dresses, ice skating and whatnot. Anyway to fix this? It ruins all my pictures when my sim and her boyfriend are biulding a snowman and he's in a t-shirt and she's in her parka, lol.
I have zero mods besides overwatch which is updated.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 4:32 AM
No CC, either, besides store content.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 7:02 AM
Well, I just started a new game and every sim I checked had the same outfit set for outerwear as their everyday outfit. So it looks like you'll have to manually set their outerwear.
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 8:05 AM
My sim rarely changes automatically, she's always going out in underwear and socks.
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 8:46 AM
I am experiencing the same Eaxian snafu ... sorry ... FEATURE. My active sims and NPC do not change into outerwear ... come rain, hail, sleet, or snow. I am also experiencing a strange glitch with regard to sims entering and exiting through doorways. They do a strange turnabout at the threshold before correcting their orientation. I suspect this is the catalyst, however, I haven't the faintest clue as to its cause.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AKPhigirl
I am experiencing the same Eaxian snafu ... sorry ... FEATURE. My active sims and NPC do not change into outerwear ... come rain, hail, sleet, or snow. I am also experiencing a strange glitch with regard to sims entering and exiting through doorways. They do a strange turnabout at the threshold before correcting their orientation. I suspect this is the catalyst, however, I haven't the faintest clue as to its cause.

My sims have been doing the shaky doorway dance since 1.42. It's annoying in small homes especially.
Scholar
#7 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 3:09 PM
omg my sims do that annoying turn in doorways too!! i thought i must have some bad cc or something, but now you mention it i did notice it just after i downloaded 1.42 patch, i dont have seasons. its sooooo annoying because im currently playing a huge family and when the kids go to school they get all blocked up in the front doorway because they have to do their stupid ocd twitch before leaving. grrr
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 4:28 PM
Extremely annoying. You know its time to uninstall Sims 3 when even your NPC maid takes the time to stare up at you and pantomime 'What is this? ... I don't even ...'

I DON'T KNOW JESSICA, JUST TAKE OUT THE &#*$^# TRASH, PLEASE?

/endrant
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 4:48 PM
Oh I thought I was the only one.
Mine too seem to "spaz out" occasionally :/
Field Researcher
#10 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 4:50 PM
It could be worse for you. With my game with no mods yet (just installed seasons). My sim's outerwear is set to a bikini. I have a screenshot of her sitting behind the goth house on the bench while it is snowing in her bikini. I had to get a screenshot because it was so hilarious. Way to go EA
Field Researcher
#11 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 9:56 PM Last edited by shadedgrey63 : 18th Nov 2012 at 3:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by fullsheet
It could be worse for you. With my game with no mods yet (just installed seasons). My sim's outerwear is set to a bikini. I have a screenshot of her sitting behind the goth house on the bench while it is snowing in her bikini. I had to get a screenshot because it was so hilarious. Way to go EA

I don't have Seasons yet, but my fairy's been wearing everything but her career outfit at odd times. Athletic/Swimwear/Formalwear to sleep, etc.
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 10:20 PM Last edited by invock : 17th Nov 2012 at 11:09 PM.
Oh but THEY ARE wearing outerwear. It's just that you didn't notice what changed...
The game is incredibly lazy when it comes to generate outerwear for townies. Basically, it keeps the everyday outfit, puts a random pair of gloves, and lets the sims go in the snow wearing shorts and halternecks.

"No need to worry about your legs being uncovered in 20 inches of snow. Just wear your magical gloves, you'll be fine."

EA never ceases to disappoint me with its way of coding. If it weren't for what the modding community does to help the game remain playable, I'd have given up a very long time ago.

@shadedgrey63 : does your fairy have the "Fool" trait ?
Field Researcher
#13 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by invock
@shadedgrey63 : does your fairy have the "Fool" trait ?

No - I assume you are probably talking about Inappropriate or Absent-Minded. She's Vegetarian, Green Thumb, Eco-Friendly, Supernatural Fan, and Loves the Outdoors. I think it's just a glitch requiring a re-install, which is what I'll do when I get Seasons. It's annoying, but I can deal with it until then, lol. I do use several NRAAS mods and, for all I know, they could be causing it, but I make sure to update every time that the Update History gets changed (I get email notifications) and includes any mods I use.
Instructor
#14 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shadedgrey63
No - I assume you are probably talking about Inappropriate or Absent-Minded. She's Vegetarian, Green Thumb, Eco-Friendly, Supernatural Fan, and Loves the Outdoors. I think it's just a glitch requiring a re-install, which is what I'll do when I get Seasons. It's annoying, but I can deal with it until then, lol. I do use several NRAAS mods and, for all I know, they could be causing it, but I make sure to update every time that the Update History gets changed (I get email notifications) and includes any mods I use.

I'm thinking it's one of the NRAAS mods. I have most of them and am having the same problem. None of my sims are capable of putting on their outerwear. Probably a problem with the Dresser mod. We'll see if it's updated soon.
Instructor
#15 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 9:02 AM
Yes, there really is something wrong with the Sims clothes. My sim goes from shower to carpool and go to work naked! Even in the middle of winter when it snows.
I have attended no mods or CC.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Howabominable
I'm thinking it's one of the NRAAS mods. I have most of them and am having the same problem. None of my sims are capable of putting on their outerwear. Probably a problem with the Dresser mod. We'll see if it's updated soon.

Interesting...Dresser is one I don't use. I have MasterController + Cheats, StoryProgression, ErrorTrap, DebugEnabler, Register, Traveler, and Mover.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 10:28 AM Last edited by PuffyAmi : 18th Nov 2012 at 10:49 AM.
Except how can it be that a townie would put a skirt and that LN top on as outwear since those are not enabled for Outwear category? Unless one has a mod that disables all the clothing filters. In that case obviously the townies are going to make wonky selections because technically they are wearing outwear even if it doesn't look like it.

Edit: also if anyone has any CC accessory in game that is assigned to gloves category (such as nails or piercings for instance) it's also one of the options that will be generated for the outwear.
Instructor
#18 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 4:21 PM
I have the same issue where my sims sometimes walk back and forth really quickly (Shaky Dance) before moving on. The outerwear thing happens as well, my sim went outside with her two sons - both children - she put on her outerwear and so did one of her children but the other stayed in his everyday clothing. I had to manually change him.

On a side note when one of her sons was a toddler she went to feed him on the floor and took him all the way outside - in the snow - through the garden gate at the other end of the large lot and sat him down to feed him. Then she leaves for work and the kid is outside so the babysitter decides to build a snowman while the kid is chest deep in snow! He never got a cold moodlet so I'm assuming the weather doesn't bother toddlers, but still...Worst. Babysitter. Ever.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 5:22 PM
I've been playing 8 sims day so far and every sim i see change automatically clothes in outerwear, and i have Twallan's MC with clothing filter deactivated.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Baiaana
I've been playing 8 sims day so far and every sim i see change automatically clothes in outerwear, and i have Twallan's MC with clothing filter deactivated.

Same here. My active sims do put on outerwear, even the mom will change the toddler to outerwear when I forgot to do it. The townies however are on their own.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 6:54 PM
Well then my assumptions went totally wrong

But I do sure wonder how then a townie can select clothes such as skirts and tops that normally aren't enabled for outwear.
Instructor
#22 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 7:22 PM
Ugh, same. I have to make sure they change into outwear myself half of the time. Then they're moaning they're cold, no shit -____-
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 7:27 PM
my game also having this glitch...my sims do not automatically change into outerwear and it cannot even wear an outerwear...i got loads of cc installed in my game..is there any clues to which mod might be causing this?
Eminence Grise
#24 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 8:48 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Custom_Content , and check the Help Q+A forum, may be more info there.

Outerwear works fine for me, both for active sims and townies... MOST of the time... once in a while a sim won't put it on when they should, but no more often than sims go to town in their pajamas So for those who have this all the time, yeah, probably a conflict?
Scholar
#25 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 2:57 AM
Try to uninstall and re-install your game, I do it almost every 2 months and all my problems are gone!
Page 1 of 2