Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 3:29 PM Last edited by DarDev : 22nd Aug 2014 at 10:15 AM.
Default List of body modifiers in Sims4 CAS
Direct body modification is user friendly and funny, but you cant see the whole possibility of the engine...
I did'nt found any post with the list of the body modifier, so I made it (if I missed a thread speaking of it, you can remove my post)

I'm french, and my english speaking is not so good, so I made it with gloogloo translator. I know how is sometime funny to read this kind of translation, so tell me if I can correct some words

First of all, there are three levels of assets based details zoom. Each with its own control areas. For each area there may be several settings depending on the direction of movement of the mouse (the cursor shape is an index of possibilities) and the point of view that we have the sim. By default, the manipulations that are listed in the sim face and movements are recorded ud for up-down and lr for left-right.

Global level (you can see the sim in full):
• Head: size (ud) and width (lr)
• Neck: width (lr) and thickness (lr side view)
• Shoulders: width (lr)
• Arm: volume (lr)
• Forearm: volume (lr)
• Breast (female): height (ud) and volume (lr)
• Chest (male): height (ud), width (lr) and volume (lr side view)
• Back: curvature (hb side view)
• Belly: Volume (lr side view)
• Size: width (lr)
• Hips: width (lr)
• Buttocks: volume (lr side or rear view)
• Thighs: volume (lr)
• Calves: volume (lr)
• Feet: size (lr)

Face level (max zooming with the scroll wheel):
• Face (on forehead): length (ud), width (lr) and profile (lr side view)
• Eyebrows: general height and width (ud and lr on the center of the eyebrows) curvature and spacing (ud and lr on the inner and outer edges of eyebrow), depth of the eyebrow (lr side view)
• Eye: height and spacing (ud and lr), rotation (ud on inside corner), size (lr on outside corner), depth (lr side view)
• Ears: size (ud) and stuck / unstuck (lr)
• Cheekbones: height (ud), width (lr) and depth (lr side view)
• Nose: height (ud), width (lr), length (lr profile) and curvature / rotation (lr side view on the bridge of the nose)
• Cheeks: height (ud) and volume (lr)
• Mouth: width (lr), height (ud) and depth (lr side view)
• Jaw: width (lr), height (ud) and depth / prognathism (lr side view)
• Chin: width (lr), height (ud) and depth (lr side view)
• Neck: width (lr) and thickness (lr side view) - same as previous level
• Shoulders: width (lr) - same as previous level

Detail level (you click mode change left the sim):
• Face (on forehead): width of the lower face (lr), length (ud) and depth of the forehead (lr side view)
• Eyebrows: curvature (ud and lr) and depth of the brow (lr side view) - same as previous level
• Eye: height and spacing (ud and lr in the white of the eye), iris size (lr on the iris), eyelid up (ud and lr), lower eyelid (ud and lr), sitting outside (ud and lr), inside corner (ud and lr) and depth (lr side view on outside corner)
• Ears: length of the lobe (ud) and rotation (lr)
• Cheekbones: height (ud), width (lr) and depth (lr side view) - same as previous level
• Nose: height, width and depth of the nasal bone (ud, lr and lr side view on top of the nose); height, width and depth of the bridge of the nose (ud, lr and lr side view on the middle of the nose); thickness, width and length of the nose (ud, lr and lr side view on the nose); height and width of the nostrils (ud and lr the nostrils)
• Cheeks: Volume (lr) - fine-tuning - and height (ud) - same as previous level
• Mouth: thickness, width and depth of the top lip (ud, lr and lr side view); thickness, width and depth of the lower lip (ud, lr and lr side view); curvature (ud on corner of the mouth); rotation and depth commissure (lr and lr side view on the corner of the mouth)
• Jaw: width (lr), height (ud) - fine-tuning - and depth / prognathism (lr side view) - same as previous level
• Chin: width (lr) - same as previous level - height (ud) and depth (lr side view) - fine tuning

We therefore have:
2 cursors (muscle and weight) of the global level
18 body modifiers at the global level,
35 modifiers face level (I'm not counting those already present above)
44 modifiers detail level,
totaling almost one hundred settings for the body shape of our sim! o_O

In addition:
- The Shift key is used to change one of the two components when you are on an area accepting ud and lr modifiers. If you go from right to left, for example, small movements up and down are not taken into account.
- There are some settings that can only be done by a prior proposed a preset choice, as the detail of the top lip, eyelash length or chin slot. It's annoying because once we found the right shape of the chin and want to add the slot, we have to start all

Hope that will help some user to make perfect sim's body
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 9:53 PM
Thanks for this, hadn't figured out their feet got bigger! Who knew?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 12:29 AM
"- The Shift key is used to change one of the two components when you are on an area accepting ud and lr modifiers. If you go from right to left, for example, small movements up and down are not taken into account."

I did not know this. o_o I now have a whole new world to explore. Thank you!