Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 12:55 PM
Default How to convert Sims 3 Hair into Sims 4 ?
Hello

Lately, some nice hairstyles from TS3 have been converted into TS4 :lovestruc
How to convert Sims 3 Hair into Sims 4 ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 1:09 PM
This is exactly what I'd like to know! I want to help if I can, but I have no idea how to do this.
Instructor
#3 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 11:02 PM
Well It's possible to do but there's a bit of issues involved with doing it. It's not "real hair" perse. It's using the Shaders (or the functions of) the glasses from the Game which in it's own have been reported to have various results in other people's games (the top one in my game crashes for me, but in some others, it works). There's also a bit of mesh editing involved to get it on TS4 heads.

I'm working on the tutorial on how to do it using Sims4Studio right now. I will link to it when it's finished

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:34 PM
Yo guys I've discovered this tutorial http://mahamudosims4.blogspot.com/2...895260087840774
But I'm still a noob and have some questions about importing in milkshape 3D if anyone can help me :3
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by No0oN
Yo guys I've discovered this tutorial http://mahamudosims4.blogspot.com/2...895260087840774
But I'm still a noob and have some questions about importing in milkshape 3D if anyone can help me :3

You probably want to start by asking the questions
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 8:23 PM
hair does not work in portable mode ... please fix transparency ... :'(
Instructor
#7 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 11:00 AM
The problem with this is a shader related issue though (which is why it might not be working on Laptops or with Laptop Mode). This method is a basic Workaround using the shaders for glasses. This issue though is that it's very tricky to work with and has been reported to be crashing games anyway.

I made a post on it at the EA forums a little bit back and EA seems to be promising to look into implementing real hair shaders so this workaround may become obsolete in another patch.

If you can't get the custom hairs above to work then I advise you either disabling laptop mode or waiting for EA to patch Alpha editable hairs in. Preferably the latter as to not damage your system or card.

(◐ω◑)
(◐ω◑)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 5:38 PM
If laptop mode turns off alpha on glasses to make the game run faster, then I suspect they'd also want to have alpha turned off in laptop mode for hairs. Though I guess we'll see.

Maybe they'll make overall alpha support (on glasses and hair) a separate checkbox in the graphic settings.
Instructor
#9 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MyreMylar
If laptop mode turns off alpha on glasses to make the game run faster, then I suspect they'd also want to have alpha turned off in laptop mode for hairs. Though I guess we'll see.

Maybe they'll make overall alpha support (on glasses and hair) a separate checkbox in the graphic settings.

Well I hope so too because if not it's gonna Screw over a lot of Laptop and lower end computers which would be very unfair and further negate their minimum system requirements. But likely EA might have a way of getting it working for everyone on every system.

(◐ω◑)
(◐ω◑)
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th May 2015 at 4:57 PM
I've wanted to do this for so long because I'm trying to make the trolls in TS4 but there are not any horns for them
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th May 2015 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zshattler
I've wanted to do this for so long because I'm trying to make the trolls in TS4 but there are not any horns for them

I think there is horns but i think there quite long but if i can find them i'll link them
http://sims4updates.net/tag/horns/