Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 8:01 PM
Default s4pe not working
I decided to attempt to make my own custom content for the sims 4 as i can almost never find the kind of clothes that i like. I downloaded Colour Magic, S4PE and the plug-in for GIMP. I get as far as editing the object in GIMP and then when i try it import from dds i get an error.

Microsoft .NET Framework

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.

Not a DXT5 format DDS. read None

I have no idea what this means. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 8:12 PM
Hi, ColorMagic is way outdated and broken by the many CAS-changing patches that EA has made to the game, its creator having abandoned it some time last year, so you won't have any success in getting it to work nowadays. For making clothes, you can try S4 CAS Tools and Sims 4 Studio, which are both comprehensive and easy to use tools, see which one you feel the most comfortable with.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 8:26 PM
Regarding that particular error (which you can encounter in other contexts too, so I think that is relevant nevertheless) it sounds like it would be exactly what it says there: "Not a DXT5 format DDS" -- when you make textures in Gimp (or whatever other program), you need to export them as DDS (DXT1 when they have no transparent parts, DXT5 when they do), otherwise the game won't be able to use them.

I don't think it would let you import a non-DDS with "Import from DDS" (for me that will filter for DDS only); maybe your image was a dds but with the wrong format?

Also, moving to CAS Parts since you are asking about CAS content.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 9:14 PM
thanks i managed to get it working i was just overwriting the file rather than exporting it