Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 1:24 PM
Default Terrain Paint tutorial (not for CAW)
I can make a terrain paint for CAW and use it no problem, but I can't seem to get them to show up in game for use in lots. I tried making a package file using S3OC to clone a terrain paint and S3PE to bring my new .dds in but it just doesn't work. I use renumber internally and didn't take it back into s3oc, should I have?

If someone knows of a tutorial for making terrain paints and leads me to it I could try to work out where I'm going wrong.

I really need the terrain I have in CAW to work in lots too. I know I can paint under lots and remove the terrain from the lot to show the terrain underneath but I'd rather have more flexibility.

Can anyone lead me to help please?
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 10:11 PM
forget this, I got an answer to it elsewhere
Forum Resident
#3 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 4:03 AM
Could you possibly link to where you got an answer please? I was looking for help in regards to this kind of thing too, and haven't been able to find anything so far.
Site Helper
#4 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 8:30 PM
If you don't have any objection to using the TSR workshop tool, it is quite intuitive to make terrain paint with it. Start a new project, go to build, select the terrain paint you want to clone and name your project, then Finish that part. Now you can edit the cloned terrain paint as long as you have a graphics program with DDS support.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#5 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 3:02 AM Last edited by Delphy : 3rd Apr 2010 at 7:57 PM. Reason: Quote removed
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If you don't have any objection to using the TSR workshop tool, it is quite intuitive to make terrain paint with it. Start a new project, go to build, select the terrain paint you want to clone and name your project, then Finish that part. Now you can edit the cloned terrain paint as long as you have a graphics program with DDS support.

Thank you. I wasn't really wanting to use TSR workshop, but I'm sure in the end I'll be desperate enough to have to

All I was really looking to do was convert some of CAW's terrain paint textures, into paints usable in game itself.
If anyone ever finds a link to a tutorial for it, or knows how to do it, I'd appreciate a heads-up. Thanks for the help & info you guys
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 11:44 PM
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 7:49 PM
It's says it is a 404 error meaning the topic no longer exists Is there another link for help?