Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 8:03 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 1st Feb 2017 at 3:19 AM.
Default lagging mouse. (SOLVED)
I am on a new gaming computer, custom built..so everything is new.
The mouse I am using is not though, but never had a problem with it until i started using it on this machine.
Lag..you know?, late response, freeze etc.
It is a wireless one, and no matter were I plug its usb thingny, it is never fixed or better. Well..it will seem to go pretty fine at first, but then it starts to lag and behave weirdly again.
I read online that it might be my usb ports that are set to minimize power or something, and to update the usb hub drivers. I do not have these drivers apparently.
I tried going to control panel, mouse property etc..nothing seems to fix this and nothing seem wrong in there.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 6:43 PM
Try updating the mouse drivers, and also changing the batteries in the mouse (assuming it's battery powered and not rechargable).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 10:06 AM
Definitely replace the batteries. If renewing batteries and drivers doesn't help, look for possible sources of interference. Nearby Electrical Wires/Cables, radios, speakers, telephones, microwaves.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 3:06 PM
The mouse drivers are up to date according to my pc, that was the second thing i tried, and changing the batteries was the first thing I tried, silly youz.
Interference?...but this new computer is placed on the same desk, in the same room with the same wiring and such. I had no problem using this mouse with the old computer, why would I get troubles now?

Scholar
#5 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
The mouse drivers are up to date according to my pc, that was the second thing i tried, and changing the batteries was the first thing I tried, silly youz.
Interference?...but this new computer is placed on the same desk, in the same room with the same wiring and such. I had no problem using this mouse with the old computer, why would I get troubles now?

No idea, Electronics are finnicky things. We're just trying to help solve your issues.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 12:35 AM
yes, and I appreciate the effort, until i am asked the obvious. It is kind of insulting.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 12:55 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 31st Jan 2017 at 1:12 AM.
If the mouse is still slow or seems strange after changing batteries, check the mouse settings under Control panel. You can adjust speed and such on the pointer, and there might still be some wrong setting that's on or off.

Also try to change the surface for the mouse. They like best flat and hard surfaces, or a good mouse pad (I use a bean-bag pad with a hard board as my surface, because I have yet to find a mouse pad I like better. It also doubles as an arm support, and a lap-table). The surface is alpha-omega. We have a couple really bad mouse pads at work, and they make the pointer jumpy like crazy, almost to the point where the mouse pointer does anything but what you want it to. Laser mice tend to not be as picky on surfaces as the old ones with tracer balls, but they can still be a little picky.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 1:00 AM
Yes, I checked there too, and everything seems fine.
It only lags when programs are running, 3D, paint program..and a few internet windows etc.
I read online that it could be due to usb port giving less power to help programs run..if that makes any sense. And to set them to not share the power in their driver's setting. I went to check, and I do not have drivers for my usb hubs (whatever hubs mean)
So i started looking online to find what i need, I am lost. I did not even know that usb port had drivers.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 1:19 AM
As far as I know, pretty much anything that goes under the name "hardware" has drivers - but most of the newer USB-dependent items get installed when you plug in the device (I'm just old enough to remember when you had to manually install drivers for such things, and the CDs that came with printers actually had to be used...)

On some computers the drivers will be installed every time you use a new USB hub for a device, before that particular hub recognizes it (I've had several USB sticks like that).

If it happens with a lot of programs running, it could be the computer itself lagging. If the computer lags, the mouse usually lags, too. Try closing down programs and browser windows you're not using. Photoshop and 3D programs, along with SimPE and various other programs are very heavy on the resources. So are browsers with multiple tabs open.

Try opening the task manager, and see if the mempry or CPU resources are in heavy use the next time you notice the mouse lag.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 2:51 AM
ok. I'll check the CPU next time it lags. But the older less powerful machine I had never made the mouse lag, and I could have ms3d, psp, even a second meshing program open and some internet tutorials let,s say..without any trouble. I would close everything just if I was about to play a game. Now with this gaming computer, you'd think it can handles much more before lagging...

Scholar
#11 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 7:58 AM
yes, and I appreciate the effort, until i am asked the obvious. It is kind of insulting.

Please, don't feel insulted. The majority of people who post here asking for help know a lot less than you seem to do. When a new poster posts, we don't automatically assume they know even a moderate amount about electronics. We start by covering the basics, and checking the easiest. simplest and cheapest things to check.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
We're just trying to help solve your issues.

And I just called you both *silly* for telling me to change the batteries...
I did not feel insulted then, until you come up with that comment, as if I had shown ingratitude.

Scholar
#13 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 5:08 AM
And I just called you both *silly* for telling me to change the batteries...
I did not feel insulted then, until you come up with that comment, as if I had shown ingratitude.

Not ingratitude, but mockery for being basic.

As for your problem I doubt its CPU your causing issues. Even if it does reach 100% usage. If your CPU was struggling, then it would be the entire system lagging and stuttering, not just your mouse. I really do think its either your drivers or your mouse itself. You said you don't have the usb hub drivers; you should be able download them off your motherboard manufacturer's support website.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 1:46 PM
Oh ok. Mockery and not ingratitude it is then. Well, there is nothing I can do about how you take what's been said to you. I am polite and I take other people's feeling into consideration all the time. I had no intentions to mock any of you. If I had any doubt that using the word silly would have harm you, I would have chosen another word.
So I am going to say the same to you.

Please don't feel mocked. This is an international forum and the majority of people who post here do not necessarily live by the same culture. I wrote this with a smiley, and good intentions. You decided to give me bad intentions (mocking you). We would not have this discussion otherwise.

Now, as my edited post suggested, I solved the problem. Like my very post state/shows, I had done some research prior to posting. I found a list of all the possible issues to consider when a mouse lags. Of course changing the batteries and update the mouse drivers was first on this list, it is written to accommodate everyone.
That is something all of you should have also consider. You haven't, and that is ok, but please, expect a silly reaction by mentioning it.

I downloaded the Intel utility scan, and I was not surprised when it detected that I had no drivers install for my USB Device drivers. I clicked on Download, and then I installed them. There is a fair improvement, though it is not yet perfect. I'll live with it, or do more research.

Thank you.

Scholar
#15 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 4:52 PM
Oh ok. Mockery and not ingratitude it is then. Well, there is nothing I can do about how you take what's been said to you. I am polite and I take other people's feeling into consideration all the time. I had no intentions to mock any of you. If I had any doubt that using the word silly would have harm you, I would have chosen another word.
So I am going to say the same to you.

Please don't feel mocked. This is an international forum and the majority of people who post here do not necessarily live by the same culture. I wrote this with a smiley, and good intentions. You decided to give me bad intentions (mocking you). We would not have this discussion otherwise.

Now, as my edited post suggested, I solved the problem. Like my very post state/shows, I had done some research prior to posting. I found a list of all the possible issues to consider when a mouse lags. Of course changing the batteries and update the mouse drivers was first on this list, it is written to accommodate everyone.
That is something all of you should have also consider. You haven't, and that is ok, but please, expect a silly reaction by mentioning it.

I downloaded the Intel utility scan, and I was not surprised when it detected that I had no drivers install for my USB Device drivers. I clicked on Download, and then I installed them. There is a fair improvement, though it is not yet perfect. I'll live with it, or do more research.

Thank you.

I understand, happy to hear that drivers helped.