Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 3:20 PM
Default Uni Apartments Hack
I really want to use Chris Hatch's Uni Apartment hack to make a retirement home. It has so many conflicts though.

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: CT - Which Family For Residents
Group ID: 0x7F5B142F
Instance ID: 0x00001016
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\CandK_TownieDowntownieNPCasApartmentResidents.package
\downloads\CJH_UniApartments.package

Procedure Name: College - Have Key?
Group ID: 0x7FD46CD0
Instance ID: 0x000003C9
\downloads\Hacks Finished\BO - Multi-key Dorm-Doors.package

Procedure Name: Sub - Send People to Class
Group ID: 0x7F175BF9
Instance ID: 0x00001023
\downloads\Hacks Finished\Pescado\nouniprotect.package

Procedure Name: EP8 - Populate Apartment Townies if Needed
Group ID: 0x7F028F29
Instance ID: 0x0000109A
\downloads\Hacks Finished\Pescado\notownieregen.package

Procedure Name: Interaction - Report Card
Group ID: 0x7FBE051B
Instance ID: 0x00002032
\downloads\Hacks Finished\hardergrades.package

Has anyone looked into any of these?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 9:27 PM
a possible fix might be to add one or more "z" in front of filename.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 11:20 PM
That can work sometimes but doesn't always, that is a lot of mods. @Chris Hatch

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#4 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 11:31 PM
I really liked some aspects of that mod, but others were less to my playing style. Chris said he was working on updating "The Globe" to include his apartments hack, and make it more "user defined" with the option to toggle certain aspects on or off. Not that this would help with conflicts, per se. But it IS a work in progress, sooo... you never know.

-gE
>=)
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 2:39 PM
I'm not familiar with any of those mods but UniApartments is three mods in one, University Apartments, Teen Roommates and Retirement Apartments. Most of those conflicts seem to be related to University Apartments so I should be able to separate out just Retirement Apartments for you to resolve most, if not all of the conflicts.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 4:04 PM
That would be great!

CandK_TownieDowntownieNPCasApartmentResidents picks existing townies/downtownies to live in apartments instead of generating new ones.
BO - Multi-key Dorm-Doors lets sims share a dorm by allowing more than one sim to hold a dorm key.
nouniprotect makes dormies have to sleep, eat, shower etc. instead of magically filling their needs.
notownieregen stops the game from generating new townies unless they are necessary.
hardergrades makes it harder for school children to earn an A+. The one that affects Uni students doesn't clash, so that's weird. And while checking I discovered that it was an old hack I don't use anymore that must have snuck back into my Downloads folder from an old backup. XD
Scholar
#7 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 1:42 PM
CJH_RetirementHomes.zip (143 kb). Just remove the file named CJH_UniApartments.package and use CJH_RetirementHomes.package instead. This has the code for University Apartments and Teen Roommates removed so all of those conflicts will be gone.

I kept the code the same so if someone inadvertently had both UniApartments and RetirementHomes installed there won't be any problems. Therefore if you had enabled Teen Apartment residents on the globe make sure you switch it off before removing CJH_UniApartments.package as RetirementHomes will allow teen apartment residents to be made if the global option is switched on but there would be no support for them to function.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 2:53 PM
Thanks! That's brilliant. I ran it through HCDU and there were no conflicts. Thanks heaps!