Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 10:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, University Life
Faster Loading CAS?
(I didn't know what category to put this in)
I need help with being able to load CAS faster because it seriously does ruin the quality of the game when I have to wait 5 minutes for clothes from every category to load.

What I have done so far:
- Combined Packages
- I have used Master Controller with the compact CAS items It helped out a lot, but unfortunately it doesn't work with CAS from Edit Town mode, etc. It only works with Master Controller and THEN going to CAS through there.

I have tried using Master Controller: Integration so I can always have that nice compact option, but for whatever freaking reason, Integration makes my game crash after I choose a save file or when i'm trying to start a new game, like it crashes during the second loading screen, and i've done everything i can to fix the issue, I have deleted my mods folder & started over, I have deleted my cache files, I have double checked to see if I have the right patch version and it still crashes and i'm so frustrated about it because i seriously need it

So I'm just wondering if there's an alternative I can use? Like something that will make CAS compact all the time, or make it load faster?? Or if someone could help me figure out why the frick Integration is making my game crash and how to fix it? Thank you :p
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 1:17 PM Last edited by igazor : 29th Apr 2018 at 1:28 PM.
Hi there. Almost the only times we have seen MC Integration crash a player's game on startup like that are (a) when the versions between the MC base mod and the Integration module are mismatched and (b) when the player has an illegitimate install and/or pirated content in play (and we cannot help with those).

Generally speaking though, a good place to get assistance with NRaas mods is at NRaas. It's where our developer and some other helpful folks live. Our main message board over there is called Chatterbox, free membership is required to post.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com
(See "Becoming a Member")

(Yes, we know that Wikispaces is shutting down but we will have moved to our new website before that happens to us at the end of Sept. Until then it's business as usual.)

The other typical ways to improve and help prevent CAS catalog lag are to reduce one's content store and run the game from a Solid State Drive (SSD). Unfortunately, the first one is not always desirable and the second is not within the reach of all players.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 6:36 PM
I feel silly, I never checked if Master Controller has the right patch. Thank you.