Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 10:38 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default i want all the sims 3 games!
is there any discounted sims 3 games i can get from somewhere? and to add to this i am missing some games that i owned before, thats why i stopped playing it, i have another computer and i installed them and some of them say i never bought them, and yes i even asked the people at origin and they said do i have the code and i said no because it says i haven't bought them and i have and they said they can give me a discount on them i was so freaking mad until i found sims 4 so yeah but i want to play sims 3 again
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 10:51 PM
Did you buy them digitally, originally? Because Origin once also claimed that I did not own certain packs, but when I showed them a picture of me holding my physical copies with my username and the date on a post-it, they were happy to give me new codes for each pack.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Did you buy them digitally, originally? Because Origin once also claimed that I did not own certain packs, but when I showed them a picture of me holding my physical copies with my username and the date on a post-it, they were happy to give me new codes for each pack.
yes i bought some digitally, and some in the store
Site Helper
#4 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 2:47 AM
They need some proof that you purchased the game legally. The code that you used to install it would be the code they are looking for, and that would be the best proof. (And the only proof, if you don't have physical discs to show them.) It's like the stores that require you to bring a receipt if you are returning merchandise for a refund.

Steam has frequent sales for Sims 3, although you cannot mix the Origin and Steam versions. If you get the base game from Steam you can pick up expansions for 5 dollars, which also include an Origin code if you want to use it instead of playing on Steam and don't mind patch 1.69. (And sometimes the sale includes the base game or one of the combo packs that has the base game included.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
That doesn't make any sense. You just said you installed them. If you installed it, you have code. Give them that code.

This reminds me of another member on here a while ago, who have all the Sims 3 games and then later EA revoked all her codes b/c she bought her games from an unlicenced vendor. She end up buying all the games again through steam I think.
im never specific sorry, three years ago we had a huge flood here in san marcos and for some reason thinking i didnt need them anymore i threw them away and some discs were scratched there was no way to fix it so i threw them away too, i still have the codes for the ones i have now still, when i threw away the cases i think some of the codes were still in them so yeah i messed up and i had just got a new computer origin installed all of them except the ones missing, and i didnt buy my games from a unlicenced vendor, i bought them from the store and thinking of it now none of them were digital.