Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 9:38 PM
Default Possible to tweak, adjust, replace effect animations for fog emitter and objects?
Hi guys, any help on this would be great...here's what i'm trying to do... Showtime has an object called sculptureStageNeonArch that has a glowing screen animation that can be played by clicking the object in game or using fog emitter ep6neonlaserarch_main.

My Goal-- To replace this animation with a laser (think mission impossible, its essentially a laser security trip wire) that scans up and down the length of the arch.

The Reality - A completely custom animation may not be possible, so I would settle for adjusting or tweaking either of these effects... ep9bowlingcosmiclasers2 or ep3effectsmachinelasersconstant to show a single laser instead of multiple. I would place the fog emitter close to the arch to give the appearance the lasers are emanating from the arch. Hopefully this is possible or at least some janky work around.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 11:02 PM
A new effect is apparently not possible, but those lasers (if i'm right) are actually a texture in the game files. Usually (since this is showtime we're talking about) you'll find them in the deltabuild packages. Although, it they're not in there they could also be in the fullbuild packages.

So when having the image you need (texture) you can tweak the texture and follow this tutorial if you've never done a default replacement: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=579498
(In your case I would follow only the texture default replacement)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
A new effect is apparently not possible, but those lasers (if i'm right) are actually a texture in the game files. Usually (since this is showtime we're talking about) you'll find them in the deltabuild packages. Although, it they're not in there they could also be in the fullbuild packages.

So when having the image you need (texture) you can tweak the texture and follow this tutorial if you've never done a default replacement: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=579498
(In your case I would follow only the texture default replacement)

Thanks, I was doing some more digging and the effect I want to tweak is ep9bowlingcosmiclasers1, I found out this attached to an object in University which I don't have. I can still play the effect though... If there is no object what package would I look in to find this and the texture files?