Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 8:51 AM
Default Help Needed With BuyDebug
Has anybody got "buydebug on" to work after loading the "Pirates and Nobles" expansion pack?

I had buydebug working for me several months ago, and used it for things like buying the hunting trophies for wall decorations. Then I stopped playing the game for awhile after loading P&N and playing it extensively, and played Sims 3 for a bit. Now when I enter the code, I get the message "unknown command: buydebug".

I thought a mod might be causing a conflict, so I took out all the mods and cleared all the caches and tried again, to no effect.

Is it something to do with P&N? Something to do with the patch that came out around then? Might I have changed something when I was playing Sims 3 that made it stop working?

Other cheats continue to work, such as motherlode, kaching, moveobjects on, sliding around the motive and relationship bars manually, adding kingdom and quest points, teleporting, changing sim relationships and traits, adding skill levels, etc.

Thanks to anyone who can offer any insight on this problem. I'd really like to play some more with this cheat!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elise Bennett
Has anybody got "buydebug on" to work after loading the "Pirates and Nobles" expansion pack?

I had buydebug working for me several months ago, and used it for things like buying the hunting trophies for wall decorations. Then I stopped playing the game for awhile after loading P&N and playing it extensively, and played Sims 3 for a bit. Now when I enter the code, I get the message "unknown command: buydebug".

I thought a mod might be causing a conflict, so I took out all the mods and cleared all the caches and tried again, to no effect.

Is it something to do with P&N? Something to do with the patch that came out around then? Might I have changed something when I was playing Sims 3 that made it stop working?

Other cheats continue to work, such as motherlode, kaching, moveobjects on, sliding around the motive and relationship bars manually, adding kingdom and quest points, teleporting, changing sim relationships and traits, adding skill levels, etc.

Thanks to anyone who can offer any insight on this problem. I'd really like to play some more with this cheat!

It's not something I normally play around with, but I have used it recently and I have P&N, so it does work with that.
I think you may need to have testing cheats enabled on to get buy debug to work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
It's not something I normally play around with, but I have used it recently and I have P&N, so it does work with that.
I think you may need to have testing cheats enabled on to get buy debug to work.

Is having testing cheats enabled something beyond what I would do to enable teleporting, moving the slider bars manually, and all the other cheats that I mentioned in my original message? I thought I already had that running automatically. Do I need to do something more?
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elise Bennett
Is having testing cheats enabled something beyond what I would do to enable teleporting, moving the slider bars manually, and all the other cheats that I mentioned in my original message? I thought I already had that running automatically. Do I need to do something more?

Oh yeah, I missed your list of cheats that work.
I use Treeags testing cheats mod. Like I said it's not something I really play around with but I'd imagine manually moving the bars etc are enabled through that, so looks like you have it on.
I can't really help you beyond that with this question, all I can say is that buy debug works fine for me and I have P&N installed. I hope you can get it fixed, or someone else can help you
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 11:35 PM
Hi, I know this is an older post, but for anyone out there looking it up (probably a few folks, considering the game is being sold cheaply online everywhere now) I bought the complete game including Pirates and Nobles on disc. I do not like digital versions. Perhaps there are some differences between disc versions and digital download versions. The "buydebug on" cheat code does not work in my game. I have tried every which way and loose with how it is entered, spelled and so on. No go. Since not many people have had an interest in working on this game, we're on our own. Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to get the packages and/or object files I extracted for angelweed, etc., to be buyable. But, since it's all written in code, unlike cloning for Sims 1, I'm still scratching my head.
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 3:37 PM
I have the same issue. I tried the cheat code and the autobuydebug mod as well, but to no avail. I have TSM+P&N with the latest patches installed on two separate PCs, and it is the same situation for both. (Also I have the same mods for both, the Mods/Pacagaes folder was transferred directly from one PC to the other.) I have testingcheatsenabled enabled, so moveobjects on, showallquests, setkp and all the other cheats are working alright, except this one. It does not seem to be one of the mods, nor P&N causing it. Then what are we doing wrong? By the way, I also use original disc versions and not digital ones. (Also bought them when they were on sale ). Can there be any kind of connection? I would be so happy if somebody figured out the real cause...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tinborgman
Hi, I know this is an older post, but for anyone out there looking it up (probably a few folks, considering the game is being sold cheaply online everywhere now) I bought the complete game including Pirates and Nobles on disc. I do not like digital versions. Perhaps there are some differences between disc versions and digital download versions. The "buydebug on" cheat code does not work in my game. I have tried every which way and loose with how it is entered, spelled and so on. No go. Since not many people have had an interest in working on this game, we're on our own. Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to get the packages and/or object files I extracted for angelweed, etc., to be buyable. But, since it's all written in code, unlike cloning for Sims 1, I'm still scratching my head.

In the Forsaken mods, there is buyable angelweed and other herbs as well as minerals and some objects from buydebug.
Scholar
#8 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nita90
I have the same issue. I tried the cheat code and the autobuydebug mod as well, but to no avail. I have TSM+P&N with the latest patches installed on two separate PCs, and it is the same situation for both. (Also I have the same mods for both, the Mods/Pacagaes folder was transferred directly from one PC to the other.) I have testingcheatsenabled enabled, so moveobjects on, showallquests, setkp and all the other cheats are working alright, except this one. It does not seem to be one of the mods, nor P&N causing it. Then what are we doing wrong? By the way, I also use original disc versions and not digital ones. (Also bought them when they were on sale ). Can there be any kind of connection? I would be so happy if somebody figured out the real cause...

I just type in buydebug. that is it. and it works.