Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2015 at 2:33 AM
Default Children's traits?
Is there anyway to change a child's traits? If you take them into CAS...they grow up into an adult. Then when you go back into the game, they are a VERY short adult! LOL!! The body of an adult but the size of a child...very weird looking. So I was wondering if there is another way to change their traits...? Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th May 2015 at 4:44 AM Last edited by Xeny : 9th May 2015 at 8:58 AM.
Yes you can change a child's traits. You need to take control of the child sim first. Point at the child you want to take control of with your mouse, then press the shift key on your keyboard, then RIGHT click on the sim and they should pop onto your screen under the quest sim, just like when you are on a quest that has two hero sims. Then while the profile of the child is selected, and it is their profile you see and not that of the sim on the quest, press the Shift button on your keyboard as you point to them on your game screen, RIGHT click your mouse and a window with options will appear. On the right side an option called "Modify Traits for Active Sim" should be selected, and the traits option window will show and you make your selections there.

Now I use a combination of socials mods which enable this ability also, and work about the same way, one is TZDynamics Professions mod latest version, Grim's Core, but I don't know which if either you are using. Both are located here on MTS. I am sure you have TestingCheatsEnabled right MamaLamb?

When you have completed changing traits, just release the sim, by pointing at them and pressing the shift key on your keyboard, and RIGHT clicking on them again which will cause the camera to dart away from the sim you released.

Be careful not to release the sim for the quest. If you do, just point at them, press the shift key and right click your mouse and they will return to your game screen.

Xeny

A warning: If the traits are showing on screen when you change the traits, the new traits will not show, so click to view something else, perhaps their inventory, then click back to their traits and the new traits will show up then. Also, for a child, the game will allow for them to have no negative or bad trait. You can choose to give them only the two top traits, if you wish.

Have fun!

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2015 at 11:38 PM Last edited by MamaLambNC : 10th May 2015 at 12:15 AM.
Thanks...off to try it now! Yes, I have TestingCheatsEnabled & I have Grimm's Core. I looked for the TZDynamics but couldn't find it. Do you have a link? Thanks so much...be back in a few to let you know if it worked!

UPDATE:
It worked GREAT! Thank you so much! Looking forward to finding out about the other mod!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th May 2015 at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MamaLambNC
Thanks...off to try it now! Yes, I have TestingCheatsEnabled & I have Grimm's Core. I looked for the TZDynamics but couldn't find it. Do you have a link? Thanks so much...be back in a few to let you know if it worked!

UPDATE:
It worked GREAT! Thank you so much! Looking forward to finding out about the other mod!

You're welcome, MamaLamb. Here is the link for TZDynamicsProfessions mod:

http://modthesims.info/t/439543

Here is another warning. Using both Grim's Core, and TZDynamicsProfessions mods together may cause minor issues in your game play. For me, when an active sim is making a purchase at my trader's stall, the game freezes for about 1 minute, then returns to normal. It also happens when an active sim buys from my blacksmith's stall. I have tested the outcome of this occurrence myself, by playing the game without one or the other mod installed, and found that if I remove one of them, leaving the other in, neither stall will cause the game to freeze.
I cannot say the same will occur in your game, but it might, so if you cannot bear it, if it does happen, just take out whichever mod you choose and all will return as it was before. It is just that I cannot play my game to my complete happiness without the abilities each mod allows me, so I tolerate the short freeze time at the stalls.

Read about all TZDynamics mod can do, and you may end up feeling as I do.

An example is, just a minute ago in my game, a hero sim was to marry but the nit wit NPC stayed behind the kingdom wall, near the village. I had to slide sideways with the camera view, up against the wall, so I could barely see her body in the trees (this is where some of the sims hide, when they might be waiting to be signaled by the game if they are a participant in a quest in some fashion). I then got my mouse pointer on her, and right clicked and used the SHIFT button, to take control of her, then teleported her into the kingdom, so as my Doc could complete his responsibility of the quest.
She pulled the same nonsense later, so I retrieved her in the same way as above, then released her so my hero sim could propose. Now here is where TZDynamics mod saved the day and the quest from disaster.
This npc sim, was acting stupid throughout the whole quest, The Wedding. When I finally got her to the church to have the wedding, instead of approaching the stand to wait for the marrying priest to arrive, she instead began to play her lute, so Qyall, my blacksmith, had to ask her a total of 4 times to get married. Sims had begun to leave the church, so I was forced to reset her each time, but at the last time before having Qyall ask her to marry again, I used TZDynamicsProfessions mod to REMOVE her ability to PERFORM, and Lutecraft ability, which made her no longer able to act as a bard. This NPC is the blonde girl with curly hair, that is the bard for the Guild that your monarch has the option to hire to entertain during The Incident quest. Once she was unable to perform with the lute, Qyall asked her once more to marry, and all went well.

Hope you enjoy the powers of The Watcher that this mod enables a Watcher to do. More power than the default game, or Grim's Core alone grants. Have a blast!

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.