Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 10:19 PM
Default Sims Medieval has an update?
My Origin suddenly downloading this after all these years...

Is there any official news about an update?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 12:33 AM
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 5:17 AM
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 8:29 PM
Yeah, what a LOVELY update! What EA is basically doing to players is telling us flat out without saying the words is, "TSMP&N is DONE. We are never going to have anymore to do with this game, and are trying our best to get rid of you, especially those of you looking for support from us concerning your troubles with this game. The Sims Medieval is in our past, and we prefer to forget we ever produced it."
They prefer stupid nonsense to TSM, I think, what with the ridiculous titles of the Sims 4 expansion packs coming out, like Get to Work, wtf is that????? How is working even remotely adventurous??????? Sounds like complete idiotic cr@p, if you ask most gamers!
This update is like a slap in the face for us players, for all it does is removes the Launcher for EA's benefit, not the players. The Launcher will no longer be phoning home searching for updates after one applies this update to their game, so there is your proof that EA is through with Medieval, and you. This update is not about fixing any issue some players may have had with the Launcher not working properly, as suggested by a commenter in the link 2 hops above me.
EA does more things to benefit EA than their customers.

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 10:55 PM
What kind of quarter-assed update it is? Yeah, you heard me right, It's not even Half-assed, it's half of the half-ass EA is shoving up our faces. that is Quarter-assed. Why removing Launcher and why now, after 4 years? This is so dumb. Fuck Electronic Farts, Fuck 'em with a rusty Crudium Longsword...
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 4:29 PM
Probably i'm blind, but where to find the update?
I can't find a download on the EA-Site - US/UK/DE
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TrueMrreset
Probably i'm blind, but where to find the update?
I can't find a download on the EA-Site - US/UK/DE

Dude, why would you even want that update? It just removes the Launcher...
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 7:19 AM
TSM has never shown up in my Origin folder. I guess I never registered it online when I got it all those years ago and it just refers me to the old TS3 site and of course it says it's not a TS3 code or something. I have a disc copy but I was able to register P & N (digital) with Origin. I'd originally bought it through Amazon, but it doesn't show up in my games library. Since I can't register TSM at this point and all the update does is remove the launcher it's not a big deal. I'm just surprised that I never registered the code back then and now you apparently can't. Ah well. If anything, it got me playing TSM again for the first time in over a year.
Theorist
#9 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
Yeah, what a LOVELY update! What EA is basically doing to players is telling us flat out without saying the words is, "TSMP&N is DONE. We are never going to have anymore to do with this game, and are trying our best to get rid of you, especially those of you looking for support from us concerning your troubles with this game. The Sims Medieval is in our past, and we prefer to forget we ever produced it."
They prefer stupid nonsense to TSM, I think, what with the ridiculous titles of the Sims 4 expansion packs coming out, like Get to Work, wtf is that????? How is working even remotely adventurous??????? Sounds like complete idiotic cr@p, if you ask most gamers!
This update is like a slap in the face for us players, for all it does is removes the Launcher for EA's benefit, not the players. The Launcher will no longer be phoning home searching for updates after one applies this update to their game, so there is your proof that EA is through with Medieval, and you. This update is not about fixing any issue some players may have had with the Launcher not working properly, as suggested by a commenter in the link 2 hops above me.
EA does more things to benefit EA than their customers.

Xeny

I would agree with you if TSM hadn't been dead on arrival. It was just a text-based "choose your own adventure" game with a lot of fetch quests and a basic virtual pet simulation thrown in. Yes, quite a few of the fetch quests and cyoa segments had quite entertaining flavour text, but that's all the game had to offer.

You couldn't have proper families.
Your sims didn't age, making a dynasty impossible.
You couldn't even build your own houses/castles!

This game was half-assed and doomed to fail from the very start and after 5 years without any kind of update nobody really needed this to tell them that "EA is done with this game"

Now don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a Medieval Sims game and hope that one day they will make a Medieval Sim that actually lets us have families and build castles and doesn't relegate the main part of the game to fetch quests and CYOA segments.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 9:54 PM
Thanks much for posting this news. It prompted me to check on my TSMP&N to see if it still launches from my desktop (it does). I'm not even going to click on Origin to see if I registered my TSM games on there. Origin is evil, and not in a good way (IMO).