Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2023 at 12:05 AM
Default .package when not to use
OK, so I know not to use .package for counters (found that out the hard way), anything else specifically not to convert to .package? Especially patterns, terrain paint, walls, floors, roofs?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jun 2023 at 12:12 AM
It can vary. Most patterns are fine but some are problems. I used process monitor back when to screen out some problem ones that had to stay as packs.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Jun 2023 at 10:54 PM
Worlds are best not converted to .package files. They can behave kinda wonky, especially if any CC was used. At one point I had gone through and converted ALL of my Sims3packs into package files without researching it more. I was having someone on here help me trouble shoot a lot I was working on and a bunch of my CC migrated with the lot, even though the way I had saved it it shouldn't have been able to do that.
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Jun 2023 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by t888
OK, so I know not to use .package for counters (found that out the hard way), anything else specifically not to convert to .package? Especially patterns, terrain paint, walls, floors, roofs?

Actually there are a lot of myths surrounding TS3. If you know how to convert (properly) to packages files, then you shouldn't have a problem.

There are tutorials out there on this to help, this is one I found very quickly, for counters. There are several for patterns, world etc

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims3/comm...happening_more/
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Jun 2023 at 11:02 PM
I did not know that about debug for counters with Nraas. Thank you! I will have to give that a try. Back to ATS to download some counters and convert and then try this. Thank you!