Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#526 Old 13th May 2018 at 2:35 AM Last edited by xxsimsforeverxx : 18th May 2018 at 4:38 AM.
Just a quick update. I don't know if anyone is still doing this challenge, but since my Sim is a single mom, I thought I'd explain an issue with "baby daddies." I'm sure it's probably the same way with mothers. Anyway, the child's father will show up unannounced and won't leave. He came over 24 hours ago in Sim time and stayed overnight and even slept in my Sim's bed (WTF)! What I did was choose my Sim and tell her to "Ask to just be friends." It worked and now I could tell him goodbye. I think that's slightly annoying, though. The whole point of being a single parent in the game is to not have the other parent come over when they damn well please. This also works in case you don't want to kill them or lock your front door (which I didn't want to do).

EDIT (5/12/18): So that didn't work. I was just reading that it's a bug that has to do with toddlers being able to ask a certain parent to be a caregiver. I think this came with the Parenthood pack, so if you don't have it, it probably won't be a problem. I was reading that it doesn't happen with children. I will just wait for Collin to age up and see what happens. I will post another update then.

EDIT (5/12/18): Collin aged up and the father isn't coming around anymore, so that's what it was. Also, Morgan had her second child and it was a boy named Curtis. Just 3 more! Yay!

EDIT (5/13/18): Morgan just gave birth to her third child, a girl, named Lilliana.

EDIT (5/16/18): Morgan just had her fourth child, a boy, named Austin. Collin is a teenager and he's pretty responsible, but disgusting. Lol. Curtis is a child with 5 days before he becomes a teen. He's an angel, really. Likes to clean up around the house and do his homework. Lilliana is a child with 9 days left of the child stage. Just one more baby to go! And this is hard! With Collin being a slob, the shower leaks every time he takes one, and the kids or the mother are constantly cleaning up after him. Plus, having this many Sims in the household, with ONE bathroom, everything freaking breaks!

EDIT (5/17/18): Morgan had her fifth and final child, a boy, named Andrew. Collin is 2 days from becoming a young adult, Curtis is aging up to a teen today, Lilliana has 4 days until she’s a teen, and Austin is a toddler. I think he has 4 or 5 days before he ages up. Also, I haven’t killed anyone yet.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#527 Old 18th May 2018 at 3:53 AM
I started a new random legacy.

https://kellerrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/
Test Subject
#528 Old 18th May 2018 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by melanch0lydreams
I started a new random legacy.

https://kellerrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/

I hope you keep up with this! It’s really good so far.
Test Subject
#529 Old 23rd May 2018 at 5:51 PM
Last night, I finished the goals of Generation 1. I can't tell you how hard it was to kill Sims. I was trying to kill townies, and I think some of them end up with a weird hidden trait to prevent them from dying. Took me a long time. I ended up moving one of the Sims I was trying to kill in a house next door. Then I invited her back over and drowned her. Also, I set fire to the basement on accident (using a firework) and killed my two youngest children. The older one, Austin, I was able to plead with the Grim Reaper to bring him back, but the youngest, Andrew, didn't make it. Sad times. Also, Morgan managed to become enemies with Don Lothario and he was over there when that happened, so he died too. It's funny how long it took me to do this, and I ended up killing them all at exactly the same time. I also moved Curtis out into an apartment after he aged up because that was his aspiration.

Now I'm starting Generation 2. Collin is already halfway through the young adult stage and I haven't found him a partner yet. Blame the Haunted House goal in Generation 1. And he has to kill 3 Sims as well in his generation. Fun. I think I will just allow Morgan to die peacefully in the house she started her legacy. She's about halfway through the adult stage now. Lilliana will age up to a young adult in a few days and I have to figure out what I will do with her. She seems like she would turn to a life of crime. Austin will age up into a teenager in a couple days as well.
Test Subject
#530 Old 24th May 2018 at 1:39 PM Last edited by xxsimsforeverxx : 25th May 2018 at 4:17 AM.
Last night, Lilliana aged up into a young adult and I moved her into the Goth's house. I forgot to get her a job. I actually forgot to do that with Curtis as well. I was able to find Collin a partner. Can't remember her name. I will check later. She's a bit older so it's going to be harder for her to get pregnant. They've already tried once, but no luck. We'll see I guess. Austin is now a teenager. He's the only one in the house that doesn't really have any negative traits. He is a loner, but I don't consider that a bad thing. I'll update when Collin's girlfriend gets pregnant. I'm not going to have them get married, as it wouldn't make much sense. Collin is noncommittal like his mother. I will probably make him have an affair later on.

EDIT (5/24/18): I was finally able to get Collin's girlfriend pregnant. Her name is Chana Chetan. They had a boy, Nathaniel. Only child we're having, so I can focus on the Haunted House goal. Collin is about to hit the adult stage. Austin has a little under a week before he becomes a young adult. Also, Collin completed his Computer Whiz aspiration, and he's at level 7 of his career, so not too much to go. When Nathaniel becomes a toddler, I will roll for Generation 3 goals.
Test Subject
#531 Old 26th May 2018 at 4:57 AM
Nathaniel just aged up to a toddler. Collin is about to age up into an adult. I'm going to roll for Generation 3 goals.

1. Marital Status (Single) - Your heir may not have a live-in partner after the first child is born. Any extra sims must be moved out of the house by 24 hours after the first child is born. A male heir may move in a female partner for the course of any pregnancies, but the 24 hour rule applies and she may not contribute financially. Partners that have moved out are not allowed to lurk around the house to help out with toddler care, and must be removed if they will not leave.
2. Number of Children - 1
3. Primary Career (Conventional Career) - Painter (Patron of the Arts) - May sell crafted paintings and call agent to collect money.
4. Generational Goals (Idle Careers) - May not make an effort to advance in your heir's, helper's and spouse's careers, including school. If the career goals happen to line up with aspirational goals, that's a happy coincidence, because you may advance in aspiration freely. Autonomous actions are also acceptable. If you've rolled an unconventional career that has no tasks that sims will perform autonomously, you may only perform tasks for it if your sim has a whim to do it or if they do them autonomously.
5. Miscellaneous Fun (Moody) - Once a week, your heir and spouse (if applicable) must spend at least 3 consecutive hours in a certain mood, randomly chosen from the following list: inspired, happy, angry, embarrassed, playful, flirty, sad, bored, dazed, confident, focused, tense, uncomfortable. Heir and spouse may have different required moods.

Well, this may be proven to be difficult. I don't know. At least Nathaniel will be a Painter. It might actually help with the Moody goal.
Test Subject
#532 Old 28th May 2018 at 2:47 AM
I've got a question, is my freelance photographer heir allowed to help her husband with his store? He also sells her photos along with furniture/
Test Subject
#533 Old 29th May 2018 at 12:15 AM Last edited by xxsimsforeverxx : 29th May 2018 at 2:43 PM.
Nathaniel is now a child, and Morgan aged up into an elder. She's about halfway through it. She doesn't have too much long. Collin has been able to kill 2 Sims now. I find drowning was definitely the easiest way to go. However, the first Sim I was trying to kill was in the house for about 5 days before she died. She was a Sim that belonged to one of the worlds, not a townie, so I am not sure why it took so long. I was trying to kill her of starvation first, but it didn't seem that she ever got hungry. It doesn't really make sense, though, because all of her others needs went down, except for energy, though. I don't know how many others have had issues with this, so I just decided to drown her. That still took like 2 days. She was an elder, so I don't know if that has to do with anything. The second Sim was much easier for me. She decided to jump in the pool as soon as I locked her in there, and she died within 12 hours, so that was very easy. I just have one more to go now.

UPDATE (5/29/18): Morgan passed away gracefully. Well, she invited Austin over and was eating outside, then died. Chana is now an elder. Collin reached level 10 of his career, and is making over $500/hr (wowza!), and has killed the last Sim. Nathaniel aged up into a teen. Unfortunately, this weird glitch happened. I sent Nathaniel over to his uncle's house one evening, and when I came back some renovations I made to the household weren't saved, and it so also happened that I lost Morgan's grave as well as the person Collin killed. I think that since it was a glitch, I'm not going to count it as a fail. I'll just keep in mind from now on that I need to save my lot before I go out, if I have previously made changes. I know in The Sims 2 it used to save automatically. I guess I assumed it would do the same. I also think that EA got rid of the auto-save feature. I believe The Sims 4 used to have that. Also, I am so excited for The Sims 4 Seasons! I can't wait to see what types of challenges that will bring.
Inventor
#534 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 4:50 AM
Unfortunately, my hard drive failed and took my legacy with it. So I started a new legacy. I started with the idea of an alien and her human servant - but the human is the founder, and once I get generation 2 going, I'm probably going to kill off the alien and let her ghost haunt the lot for the rest of the legacy.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
#535 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 2:32 AM Last edited by xxsimsforeverxx : 17th Jun 2018 at 6:40 AM.
It's been a few weeks since I updated. I was on vacation and then finished up some schoolwork.

Chana passed away. Collin has just a few more days left. Nathaniel just aged up into a young adult, so I will try to get him to find a girlfriend soon.

EDIT (6/17/18): Collin passed away. Nathaniel found a partner to have his child. Unfortunately, because he's supposed to be a single dad, I had to send her away when the baby was born. They had a boy, Cameron. I'm going to roll for Generation 4 goals now.

1. Mixed Couple w/ Help
2. 4 kids
3. Unconventional Career
-Freelance Programmer — Use your programming skills on the computer for a variety of tasks, including creating apps, creating plugins and freelance work.
4. Unconventional Career
-Gardener - Plant, harvest and sell produce and flowers of all kinds.
5. Conventional Career
-(GTW) Doctor - No additional money-making opportunities. This career counts as a profession.
6. Memorial - The heir, along with any spouses or helpers, must be memorialized this generation, by a sim with maxed skill in the relevant crafting skill (painting, photography or writing). Memorials may consist of: a painted portrait, a photograph, a biography, or a book of life. Each memorial can be crafted by a different sim if you want, and they don't have to all be the same type, though they should all be displayed together.
7. (CL) Festival Frequenter - Every time there is a festival, at least one household member must attend the festival for at least one sim hour. This doesn't have to be the same household member each time.

This sounds like a lot of fun. Very different than my previous generations.
Lab Assistant
#536 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 12:04 AM
Hey guys wanted to throw it out there that if you think of anything to add to the challenge rules regarding Seasons I'll add it. We already have a freelance gardener but I guess we could add flower arranging? Maybe some sort of generational goals or misc fun regarding the calendar system? I'll try to check back here but if you can message me here on MTS or the easiest way would be Twitter if you have it. I'm @stormydayzgamez there. I've been doing something a bit different lately so I'd really appreciate any input!

Sims Blog: Stormy Dayz Gamez
Test Subject
#537 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StormyDayzGamez
Hey guys wanted to throw it out there that if you think of anything to add to the challenge rules regarding Seasons I'll add it. We already have a freelance gardener but I guess we could add flower arranging? Maybe some sort of generational goals or misc fun regarding the calendar system? I'll try to check back here but if you can message me here on MTS or the easiest way would be Twitter if you have it. I'm @stormydayzgamez there. I've been doing something a bit different lately so I'd really appreciate any input!

Hi, Thanks for keeping this challenge alive! I've noticed that the challenge isn't available anymore on your blog? I am busy developing a Random Legacy Roller since the ones I know aren't updated :-( and I was using your information.

If anyone knows the additional rules for seasons that applies to this challenge, I would like to know too. I love this challenge
Test Subject
#538 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 3:55 PM
Hi StormyDayz! Thanks for keeping this up to date! I'm really enjoying this challenge. I have a couple things I'm aware of that should be added to the rolls, and a couple suggestions.

First, while freelance flower arranger is great and should, in my opinion, stay, there is also a regular gardening career, with two branches: botanist and florist. Those should be added to the primary career rolls. I was also wondering what selling honey might fit in with. Gardening maybe? It would be nice to just mention it in one of the unconventional careers.

I wonder if there could be some way of adding something related to holidays in miscellaneous fun or generational goals, too. Something like celebrating all the holidays in MF, or GG could be creating new traditions for the family (creating one or two new holidays related to your sim family to start a tradition in town, or maybe even one per season?) Those are, of course, only suggestions based on what I know of the EP. They might need a little something more in order to be challenging...
Lab Assistant
#539 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 3:11 AM
In the sims 3 legacy there was a rule for seasons that required the player to decorate the sim's house & wardrobe according to the season, as well as do something (like a party or group outing) to celebrate the season. Scouting might also be added to perfect children. I think having to add a holiday once a seasons would be an interesting gen goal, maybe having to throw a gold-level party for every holiday with requirements for drinks, food etc would make it more interesting.

Call me Mud, if you like.
Test Subject
#540 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 7:31 PM
hey! I'm new to the thread even thought I been trying with this challenge since last year I think xD this is my third try since I had some problems with my two last saves, but I just wanted to say that I'm loving it! my first generation is almost complete, my founder Zara Highmore just need 2 promotions to get the Perfect Careers goal completed and then it will be just waiting until her second son Anthony becomes a YA to start his gen. He will be a Career hopper and his kids will have a Sibling rivalry, both things I've never tried so I'm pretty excited I just wish that last update hadn't brought those calls everytime a sim my family barely knew dies :/ having an extroverted&self-assured parent and two kids who completed the social butterfly aspiration, (one of them has Friend of the world as his adult one and the other got his dad self-assured trait so they're always wanting to meet someone new!) my game has become a nightmare since they're ALWAYS sad lately! Dx

Anyways xD just dropping by to say this, and since you're talking about the new seasons rules, I must say that I hads thought basically the same GG and MF that where alredy mentioned I had just thought something like the GG could be that the family must create a new holiday that will be celebrated for all the generations after, and that this Holidahy must have an special reason behind. For example, if one of your sims gets abducted by aliens yur could use this to create a holiday around aliens or space. or even work with some other of your rolls and lets say, create a holiday around sports&fitness to celebrate the day your heir completed their Bodybuilder aspiration that would make more planning necessary for this goal and making it more meaningful,

I also had thought about a MF something like The Grinch xD where you would select one sim and roll for one random holiday (or two if one is too little, I don't have Seasons so I'm not sure how many will be good), and this sim must go around making this holiday a nightmare for everyone else xD like, they could kick the gnomes or throw away the Grand meal on Harvestfest, or go around flirting with other people's couples on Love Day, just anything to mess with the others xD

I thinks that's all I have to say also, thanks StormyDayzGamez for keeping it updated! you're the best! and I hope everything goes ok with your roller Cherrypeep! Please share it when you complete it :D
Test Subject
#541 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 12:07 PM
IDK...I'm using MCCC to delete the relationships of my Sims to people that are at the bottom of the panel and don't call, meet up etc., until if/when it is changed to only being sad if they have, let's say, 25% friendly relationship for example.
Test Subject
#542 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 6:06 PM
Hello!

I know this challenge hasn't been updated by Tigger in a long time, but I've seen StormyDayzGamez new updated rules and therefore I thought it was a good idea to get my husband to slave around with some programming for me!

He has been so very kind and created a Sims 4 Random Legacy Roller with the updated rules from StormyDayzGamez, and he put it up on a website today, so that you guys also can benefit from easy rolling. Here's the roller:

http://sims4randomlegacy.epizy.com/

I'll be sure to make him update it when StormyDayzGamez updates the rules of the challenge, and/or if Tigger comes back, we'll see if we can't update to her rules then.

This is with rules up to Seasons! I hope you enjoy this roller, it sure does rolling for the games much quicker. I know there is another roller on the internet too, but it hasn't been updated in a long while either, so we took things in our own hands. If you find bugs, errors, or if there is a new update I missed, feel free contact me at [email protected]

Roll away!
Test Subject
#543 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 3:32 AM
Hi,

I'm new to the site but been playing The Sims for many, many years. This is my first legacy challenge (it looked like fun) and here are my generation 1 stats:

Marital Status: Mixed Single
Children: 1
Primary Career: Painter (Patron of the Arts)
Generational Goal: Midlife Crisis (Randomize Aspiration, Gain a New Skill, Adopt a Pet)
Misc. Fun: Mischief Managed

Off to create my Founder!
Test Subject
#544 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 1:05 AM
Hey guys! I just started a new legacy! You guys can check it out on my blog here: https://jaybirbiesims.wordpress.com/generations-2/
Just click the 1.1 link to read the first chapter!
Test Subject
#545 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 11:36 PM
Hey!! Just found this challenge and it was EXACTLY what I’ve been looking for!

Here is my Founder generation:

Marital: single
Children: 2
Career: conventional: Painter
Goal: midlife Crisis with 3 subgoals rolled for once I reach adult: have 1 child, make major purchase for house, randomize trait to replace.
Fun: fixer upper

This should be really fun!

My succession law is going to be varying random per generation, so having heirs could get tricky lol.

Are there any house building restrictions? I don’t remember seeing anything?
Test Subject
#546 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaybirbie
Hey guys! I just started a new legacy! You guys can check it out on my blog here: https://jaybirbiesims.wordpress.com/generations-2/
Just click the 1.1 link to read the first chapter!

Awesome start! Hoping to start mine tonight! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#547 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerKaryn
Awesome start! Hoping to start mine tonight! :lovestruc

Thank you! I actually finished the second chapter today! Check it out here! https://jaybirbiesims.wordpress.com...-challenge-1-2/
Test Subject
#548 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 4:14 AM Last edited by SalemSvartulv : 21st Jul 2018 at 4:30 AM.
Making a 'quick' update!
My founder gen has been completed! Zara got to the top of her career, had a fourth child as some kind of mid life crisis baby xD (5% risky woohoo with MCCC and they got it) and Anthony is now a young adult who just reached level 3 on his first job as a career hopper (I'm also trying to do the Renaissance Sim Aspiration for fun)
I decided to keep Anthony's sister Abbey and her best friend/Boyfriend Jonathan as the helpers, they're still teens but Abbey is alredy getting some painting skill for her job as Freelance painter and for the Memorial they need to do this gen, Jonathan will be an Author so is really cool he turned out to be creative
And also Anthony just came home with a little adopted baby, Bruno (I'm doing an Alphabetsy with this game xD) who will be the heir according to random.org, I haven't rolled his parameters yet, but I'll post them here when the time comes :3

Btw, SimmerKaryn, there's no restrictions with the building, just what your family can afford without cheats :D

Jaybirble, I'm loving your story! I hope you continue :3

Naturina, thanks for the new roller! It works great for me I've been playing around with it a little and just found one little error, the Freelance photographer has the Restauranteur description, it's something minor bit I thought I'll let you know ;D thanks again!

And aquariusarrives, remember you need to have 2 Kids in order to meet the Mixed Single roll! ;D I hope everything's going great with your family
Test Subject
#549 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 9:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback, SalemSvartulv! My husband is getting on with fixing the error this evening And yay, someone has used it! :D
Test Subject
#550 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 5:34 PM
So, after lurking for a long time I decided to give this challenge a try :D
Thank you for the new roller, Naturina! :3

I rolled this for my first generation:
Marital Status: Single
Children: 5
Primary Career: Social Media (Public Relations)
Generational Goal: Pet Shrine
Miscellaneous Fun: Festival Frequenter

Well, that's going to be interesting. Five children and only one adult to take care of them xD Send help, lol.
Page 22 of 26