Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#4101 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enoby
I didn't even think to use move objects on. I'm as much of a fool as my silly cold and hungry Sims it would seem. As annoyed as I was at the prospect of two utterly ridiculous deaths, I usually have a 'what will be will be' mantra and don't use cheats even when two of my favourite Sims are about to starve to death surrounded by urine outside their own front door.

Wasn't there a back door they could get to?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4102 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Mine love to drop home work right beside the door, so when they orient on it to do the homework they sit their butts in front of the door. The front door, the bathroom door . . . all the doors!

Something about UC broke (for me, at least) the desk designator pictures, so I can no longer get them to put their homework on the proper desk.

It works fine for me. My guess is you may have a conflict somewhere. It's not always a logical conflict. Life, for instance, it would seem to make sense for homework mods or placement mods would cause a conflict in your case. But it could be anything. It could be a counter or a shirt. I once downloaded a couple of hairs I just luvved. But they hated my game. :0

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#4103 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 11:16 PM
I've had a custom food, of all things, crash the game.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4104 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Why? Cheating doesn't bring much an of amusement than a story about "Two women, one believed to be the r long-lost resurrected mother of the victim, found dead. A trace of melted snowman bouncer is suspected for the cause of their nutrition deprivation". Then again, I use that cheat a lot to fix minor routing inconveniences.

I don't consider fixing silly routing issues to be cheating.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4105 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 9:08 AM
If there is only one exit door, problems will arise I actually like to have at least 3 exit doors - or more. It makes it much easier for party guests to leave as well.
Mad Poster
#4106 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 7:13 AM
What really annoys me is when I'm in the middle of something and some piece of custom content keeps jumping in my face from whatever silly inobvious place the creator categorized it under; but as soon as I actively want to use it - wham! It's nowhere to be found!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4107 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 8:17 AM
When I find those I go make a collection file or shove it in one. If I am bothered enough I will change the spot in SimPE

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4108 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 8:30 AM
I have to find it again before I can do that, though...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4109 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 8:39 AM
And Maxis, for some stupid reason I've not figured out, made collections unusable in dorms unless you use a cheat.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#4110 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Just put on moveobjects and move the snowman.

I'm not even sure you need the do the 'moveobjects on' cheat? As far as I know you can always move them, probably to prevent these kind of silly deaths.

My pet peeve today is how intrusive the wishes and behaviours of the last 3 or so expansion packs are. Sims do or wish for the Bon Voyage and Freetime stuff all the time, I haven't installed AL yet, but I heard things about that pack too. And what kind of balance is there between the BV locals doing the dances or the greeting? I had to cheat to make a local greet one of my sims, because everyone would keep doing Tai Chi and no one would greet each other. I know it's an old complaint but I have to vent a little.

Another pet peeve is that for the last year or so, a lot of new CC creators don't put their own name on their files. Give yourself some credit for crying out loud!
Mad Poster
#4111 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 9:29 PM
Sims living in apartments constantly roll wants to get a roommate, even if there's 8 sims stuffed in a 2-bedroom place.

Mad Poster
#4112 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Make a path up to the door. They can't build snowmen where there's no snow.

"make a path"..how?
Also - the "drop the baby in front of the fridge", or my current bitch - but the baby in the toddler bed, where it's hard to get someone to take them OUT.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#4113 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 9:33 PM
I think some of the flooring can't have snow accumulate on them.

Forum Resident
#4114 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
And Maxis, for some stupid reason I've not figured out, made collections unusable in dorms unless you use a cheat.

I still don't understand why dorms don't allow the eyedropper tool. That's not even a build function or anything, it's just a quick tool to duplicate an object.
Mad Poster
#4115 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 7:52 AM
Probably because it's easier to just disable the entire damn thing than flag each item as duplicable or non-duplicable in dorm mode.

Mad Poster
#4116 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
"make a path"..how?

Put down floor tiles. There are plenty of concrete looking outdoor tiles.
Mad Poster
#4117 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 7:54 AM
In the miscellaneous floorings there's one that looks like gravel and it looks particularly nice for paths or underneath invisible driveways.

Alchemist
#4118 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Sims living in apartments constantly roll wants to get a roommate, even if there's 8 sims stuffed in a 2-bedroom place.

I think that's related to the household cash--at least it is in my experience. I noticed that whenever the cash at hand gets "low," sims in the household will roll a want to get a roommate--even if they already have one, there's no room to put another bed, etc.--as if they are worried about covering rent.

Low is in quotes, because what they consider low and I consider low are two different things. Plus I don't think it depends on the actual rent of the place--I'll have to keep an eye out for that next, at least. But, from what I have seen, around $3,000 and less is when it starts to pop up. And it doesn't seem to matter if you have enough $ to cover your sims' half of the rent or just barely enough to cover the whole rent--it always shows up about then and persists. But it never seems to appear if you have several thousands in the bank.

For example, I was playing an apartment yesterday, and the rent is about $2,000. I use Monique's computer but had been keeping about $9,000 in the household cash. As soon as my sims went on a clothes shopping spree and the funds dipped less than $3,000, both sims in the household rolled a want for a roommate the next time their wants refreshed.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#4119 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 10:48 PM
Oh, that makes sense. Because of Cyjon's Bigger Bills, a lot of my Sims often don't have much cash on hand (and those who do tend to squirrel it away in bank accounts).

Test Subject
#4120 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I think that's related to the household cash--at least it is in my experience. I noticed that whenever the cash at hand gets "low," sims in the household will roll a want to get a roommate--even if they already have one, there's no room to put another bed, etc.--as if they are worried about covering rent.

Low is in quotes, because what they consider low and I consider low are two different things. Plus I don't think it depends on the actual rent of the place--I'll have to keep an eye out for that next, at least. But, from what I have seen, around $3,000 and less is when it starts to pop up. And it doesn't seem to matter if you have enough $ to cover your sims' half of the rent or just barely enough to cover the whole rent--it always shows up about then and persists. But it never seems to appear if you have several thousands in the bank.

For example, I was playing an apartment yesterday, and the rent is about $2,000. I use Monique's computer but had been keeping about $9,000 in the household cash. As soon as my sims went on a clothes shopping spree and the funds dipped less than $3,000, both sims in the household rolled a want for a roommate the next time their wants refreshed.

Yep, in the want tree the only trigger is family funds dropping below a certain amount- it says 30, but I've not tried messing with that yet, so I don't know if it's multiplied by something. It might be £300 or £3000? The want's also more likely for Romance, Popularity and Pleasure sims, and (oddly) serious sims. Maybe the idea is that serious sims are more frugal.

As Isa-WP mentioned, the developers seem to have been a bit over-keen for the wants in the later EPs to show up (I guess they wanted to show them off?) so they often have very high weighting, including this one. I'm working on a mod with lots of want tweaks, so I'll add this to the list, although it'll probably be a long time until I'm done!
Field Researcher
#4121 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 12:52 PM
Now I'm playing a household with a home business - the stupid profit margins in Open for Business. Selling an item with an 'Average' price will still make it more expensive than buying it straight from the catalogue. I'd rather the game limited the amount of customers per day and gave us more realistic profit margins, especially for really cheap items that now will put you in debt if you have employees (it costs to pay a employee to sell a cheap item, considering sims buy only one item at a time and take a fair amount of time to buy even cheap things). You just can't make decent money with a bookstore. Or a hair salon: customers take too much time, can only serve one per chair, profit margins are small if you have employees.
Now I'm on the subject, I wish I could sell telephones and bookcases (instead of books). Books sell for too little and I just want the option to sell bookcases. I guess telephones are unsalable because they sort of act like portals?
Top Secret Researcher
#4122 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 1:58 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 16th Aug 2018 at 6:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Isa-WP
Now I'm playing a household with a home business - the stupid profit margins in Open for Business. Selling an item with an 'Average' price will still make it more expensive than buying it straight from the catalogue. I'd rather the game limited the amount of customers per day and gave us more realistic profit margins, especially for really cheap items that now will put you in debt if you have employees (it costs to pay a employee to sell a cheap item, considering sims buy only one item at a time and take a fair amount of time to buy even cheap things). You just can't make decent money with a bookstore. Or a hair salon: customers take too much time, can only serve one per chair, profit margins are small if you have employees.
Now I'm on the subject, I wish I could sell telephones and bookcases (instead of books). Books sell for too little and I just want the option to sell bookcases. I guess telephones are unsalable because they sort of act like portals?

Use a Bandatron even if you are selling a good or a service, just don't set the rate very high if you are selling something like goods or services like Hair & Makeup with the Salon Chair.

This will help with the Profit Margin problem, does not really help with anything else, but still it does help.

Also there are some MODs by Squinge http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/board,152.0.html that help with Businesses and SimWardrobe has some object Mods that help. SimWardrobe's Mods

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#4123 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 1:08 AM
Sims can (autonomously) turn on a TV while lying in bed, but they have to get up to turn it off again.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
#4124 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 1:58 AM
The flu.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4125 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Sims can (autonomously) turn on a TV while lying in bed, but they have to get up to turn it off again.

I got so fed up with this that I went through all the hotels in my vacation destinations and replaced each and every bedroom TV with a bookcase. Some of the fancier hotels have a TV in a lobby, but most of the guests will have to satisfy themselves with catching up on a novel or admiring the artwork.
Page 165 of 274