Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 11:31 PM
Default Careers in Accounting and Town Planning (or similar)
I'm looking for suitable careers for two Sims in my game. They are Val Briggs and Lore Yitzek, and they should be familiar to those who took part in the Monopoly Game Town contest back in 2015. We met them there, helping to give the details of the contracts for the contest. Both of them work for Milburn Pennybags, the billionaire financier behind Monopoly Game Town. d_dgjdhh kindly extracted them for me so I can play them as characters in my game. In my game I attached an (originally) empty Monopoly Game Town to Veronaville as a suburb, and renamed it Monopolis. Val Briggs is the Urban Development Officer of the Monopolis Development Corporation, and Lore Yitzek works in the Accountancy Department. Both are now moving into suitable houses in Monopolis. So I'm looking for suitable careers for them. Town planning and accountancy come to mind as possible custom careers for them, but I don't know if anyone has made them and there are plenty other possible career titles (e.g. "Urban Planning", "Financial Management"). I am looking myself, but there are so many custom careers (some of them very obscure) listed here on MTS alone (to say nothing of other possible sites), that I feel I could easily miss just the career I'm looking for. With so many custom careers available, I'm sure suitable ones for both these Sims must exist. So I thought I'd post here, and hope that someone can point me in the right direction.

By the way, my highest EP is Open for Business (EP3), so I cant use any Maxis careers that came with the later Expansions. (I say this in case Maxis ever made an Accounting/Accountancy career -- I'll still need a custom one.)

Thanks in anticipation!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 12:00 AM
There's this for accounting: Career - Chartered Accounting

I haven't seen anything for urban planning.

Nice to know those two Sims are still around!

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 11:26 PM
Thanks d_dgjdhh!

By slowly working my way though all the careers here on MTS, I've found a urban planning career myself: The City Planner by DarinClark2004. So I think I've now got suitable jobs for both of them. Only problem is that I think I'll have to tweak the salaries, or Lore will be earning much, much more than Val, and he's supposed to be in charge of planning, whereas she's merely meant to be "working in" the Accountancy Department. I suppose it's just different Simmers' ideas of what salary levels should be. For myself I find the Maxis salaries about the right level.

On the other hand, the high salary levels for Chartered Accountants recalls a little incident from, my schooldays. It would be 1963 or '64 Our 1st Year Form Teacher decided to ask us all what we wanted to when we left school. Several boys (it was an all-boys school) said that they wanted to be Chartered Accountants. (It was the first time that I had even heard of Chartered Accountants.) The teacher asked why they wanted to be Chartered Accountants. One boy answered that he didn't know what Chartered Accountants did, but he knew they earned a lot of money! So I suppose that explains why the salary levels in this career are so high! Though I would have thought that town planners might be quite well pad too!

While searching through all these careers on MTS (there are nearly a thousand of them!) I've also found a few fashion-related ones, which will be useful as our Veronaville is (judging by what Sims wear in the streets) clearly a centre of the more extreme end of the fashion industry. I'm up to page 10 of 17 pages of careers now.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.