Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 12:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to assign bone meshes onto models for animation
SO me and my friend are trying to do something by editing the sims 2 animation mesh models by adding new bones(Since a sims 2 simmer did a boob animation test with sims 2 and originally there wasnt a bone for that) Our issue is that my friend that does the coding for the animation has no clue how to assign the new skeleton to the in-game sim model from the actual shape of the model.

Can anyone guide us how we can assign the new bones we added so the animations will show up in game?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 4:11 PM
This really should be in the modding section, not here in game help. I can move it for you if you like.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#3 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 5:00 PM
You're never going to succeed at adding bones to sim meshes because every outfit replaces the sim body mesh so you would have to alter every outfit mesh to suit. If you attempted to run the animation without the bone present it'll throw an error so any outfits that don't have the bone will become a problem. The 'jiggly' meshes use the existing breathe_trans bone and move the location on the mesh that's effected by the bone, they don't add or move the bone.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
This really should be in the modding section, not here in game help. I can move it for you if you like.

please do thank you
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 6:49 AM Last edited by luvmebby : 24th Jul 2018 at 9:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
You're never going to succeed at adding bones to sim meshes because every outfit replaces the sim body mesh so you would have to alter every outfit mesh to suit. If you attempted to run the animation without the bone present it'll throw an error so any outfits that don't have the bone will become a problem. The 'jiggly' meshes use the existing breathe_trans bone and move the location on the mesh that's effected by the bone, they don't add or move the bone.

what if the bones are a wearable object and just add bones to the object? like a nude bra? may have to do something to make the original body mesh bra area invisible? miss you Chris

also I think it was hystorical Proxism spelled it wrong but I think the overalls she made are a key. if I can figure out how to get the object to take on any top the sim is wearing like the overalls do that would be cool. cause then skins or clothing can be adjusted to fit the new object mesh and its relative bones. they were for adult and teen females. they were pants I could use any top mesh with them and the straps still showed up over them streched to fit. I am not even sure if she is a she or he. lol never looked.