Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Enhanced Witches (Update 16/11/23)

by PuddingFace Posted 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:52 AM - Updated 11th Jan 2024 at 10:32 PM by PuddingFace : Update

416 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 338 Feedback Posts, 77 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 17
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#51 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 10:08 PM
You are my hero! I've been wanting something like this for ages!
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
If you use Nraas hybrid and master controller you can have a witch fairy hybrid. You can also get rid of wings with Tremerion's hidden wings mod. I don't have the link but if you Google you can find it.

Yep! I did that. But flying animations is still there. They fly instead of walk. I don't think there's mod to get rid of that
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#53 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 2:14 PM
IT'S HEEEEERE~~!
*happy dancing, cartwheels, tears, hugging, sobbing, whooping, just being a hot mess right now*

I have been wanting this since Supernatural first came out (I hate EA)!
BLESS YOU for this, thank you SO much; I can't even tell you how excited I am. :lovestruc
Scholar
Original Poster
#54 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by martlet
Yep! I did that. But flying animations is still there. They fly instead of walk. I don't think there's mod to get rid of that

No but I think it might be doable. There was a mod that did something similar to some other occult. It was a tuning mod. I do wanna try making a fairy bloom like spell for witches.
Scholar
Original Poster
#55 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
IT'S HEEEEERE~~!
*happy dancing, cartwheels, tears, hugging, sobbing, whooping, just being a hot mess right now*

I have been wanting this since Supernatural first came out (I hate EA)!
BLESS YOU for this, thank you SO much; I can't even tell you how excited I am. :lovestruc

I hope you have fun using it
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#56 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 7:45 PM Last edited by CRV13 : 8th Mar 2018 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Reaction after trying out the mod
The Harry Potter fan in me thanks you :3

Okay, so I tried this mod out but my kid SIMs don't even have the Magic energy bar on them and as such I can't get them to cast spells or even to duel.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 1:47 AM
I hope you have fun using it

You bet! Bloop!

Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
Okay, so I tried this mod out but my kid SIMs don't even have the Magic energy bar on them and as such I can't get them to cast spells or even to duel.

This was literally me for a good hour until I realized that I'd installed the EnhancedMod and the MagicAnimations files, but I hadn't installed the file from the MagicTuning zip.
Scholar
Original Poster
#58 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 8:26 AM
The Harry Potter fan in me thanks you :3

They don't have the magic bar but their magic energy does go down. It's similar to unicorns. You need to give them a wand first and then level up your skills.
Space Pony
#59 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 2:44 AM
You need to give them a wand first and then level up your skills.

That did it. I thought witch kids instantly get a wand when you create them in CAS *facepalm*

At least I can role play that kid witches need to purchase wands first at Ollivanders'
Scholar
Original Poster
#60 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 11:14 AM
That did it. I thought witch kids instantly get a wand when you create them in CAS *facepalm*

At least I can role play that kid witches need to purchase wands first at Ollivanders'

Ooh if you have savier seller store content, you can create a wand shop I think.
Space Pony
#61 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 12:07 PM
Ooh if you have savier seller store content, you can create a wand shop I think.

Nice one

By the way, good luck to your efforts in adding more features to this neat mod of yours in the future.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#62 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 3:50 PM
Finally, a child-witch ! Waiting for this for a long...long time. Thank you.

Waiting for custom spells, too ! I wonder what is a difference between Knockout Jinx and Energy Curse ? Pass Out moodlet vs Energy drops to zero ? Also, I have a suggestion if you don't mind. I think "Destruction Ritual" may be better than "Destoration Ritual".
Scholar
Original Poster
#63 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlademasterX2
Finally, a child-witch ! Waiting for this for a long...long time. Thank you.

Waiting for custom spells, too ! I wonder what is a difference between Knockout Jinx and Energy Curse ? Pass Out moodlet vs Energy drops to zero ? Also, I have a suggestion if you don't mind. I think "Destruction Ritual" may be better than "Destoration Ritual".

Yeah you're probably right about the name. And yea that's the basic difference between Knocout Jinx and Energy Curse
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 8:26 PM
Hello kind sir,

I was wondering if you found the time to work on non autonomous curses, ice/fire blast and no auto love charm flavour yet?
Scholar
Original Poster
#65 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simrune
Hello kind sir,

I was wondering if you found the time to work on non autonomous curses, ice/fire blast and no auto love charm flavour yet?

Yea I'll upload those by Sunday. I was working on today's update plus the update for my Vampire mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 11:05 PM
Thanks for this, I'm always looking for ways to enhance supernaturals and this is so perfect, I've have found a small issue though, since EA spells are disabled, Shimrod's "New Motive Charms Unlocked" mod doesn't work anymore, it would be great if all charms and curses unlocked with that mod could be added to yours. Keep up the good job, thank you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#67 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AMV_logan
Thanks for this, I'm always looking for ways to enhance supernaturals and this is so perfect, I've have found a small issue though, since EA spells are disabled, Shimrod's "New Motive Charms Unlocked" mod doesn't work anymore, it would be great if all charms and curses unlocked with that mod could be added to yours. Keep up the good job, thank you.

Yea, I'll add those charms and curses later.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#68 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 4:00 PM
You're the absolute best, thanks so much for the second flavour!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#69 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 7:15 PM
Flavour 2 is here! Thank you so much for taking time to make it! Its amazing!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#70 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 5:38 PM
Thank you so much for this mod. You worked really hard to get this done. Lots of respect for you!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 2:39 PM
Since I love to play witch sims (on non serious plays) [[even though I have been playing with them more & more but wouldn't want to admit]]. This mod definitely change the way I'll play the sims 3! To think about it, this might encourage me to play witches more because I always want the children witches to be able to use magic.

I have a bit of an idea about non children sims dueling with children. Make it a new interaction like "Practice Spell casting Duel With...", and this interaction works with parents, brothers/sisters, and probably close friends. If the child wins, they get a good moodlet that says something like "I'm the king/queen of magic", if the child loses, the negative moodlet like "I suck at magic" or something like that. This interaction will not only be for fun so maybe throw a chance of positive or negative relationship outcome the child have to the non child sim the child practice spell casting magic with. Give the practice spell casting skill boost for the children because it is also consider as a live spell casting lesson. If you want to keep the magical law thing, you can make it so that if they practice in public, the police will fine or jail the non children sim who is involved in the spell casting for child abuse.

The other idea for spell casting duel from me is that I think it'll be so cool if it's how teen and above witch sims use in solving disputes. Other sims got the Fight! interaction, witch vs witch sims have spell fight interaction. The loser has a chance to be frozen, singed, or cursed (from one of the existing curses in the base game, not sure should I suggest a small chance of death here). The winnder just dance happy or clap or whatever sims do when they are happy.
Scholar
Original Poster
#72 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lonerbum
Since I love to play witch sims (on non serious plays) [[even though I have been playing with them more & more but wouldn't want to admit]]. This mod definitely change the way I'll play the sims 3! To think about it, this might encourage me to play witches more because I always want the children witches to be able to use magic.

I have a bit of an idea about non children sims dueling with children. Make it a new interaction like "Practice Spell casting Duel With...", and this interaction works with parents, brothers/sisters, and probably close friends. If the child wins, they get a good moodlet that says something like "I'm the king/queen of magic", if the child loses, the negative moodlet like "I suck at magic" or something like that. This interaction will not only be for fun so maybe throw a chance of positive or negative relationship outcome the child have to the non child sim the child practice spell casting magic with. Give the practice spell casting skill boost for the children because it is also consider as a live spell casting lesson. If you want to keep the magical law thing, you can make it so that if they practice in public, the police will fine or jail the non children sim who is involved in the spell casting for child abuse.

The other idea for spell casting duel from me is that I think it'll be so cool if it's how teen and above witch sims use in solving disputes. Other sims got the Fight! interaction, witch vs witch sims have spell fight interaction. The loser has a chance to be frozen, singed, or cursed (from one of the existing curses in the base game, not sure should I suggest a small chance of death here). The winnder just dance happy or clap or whatever sims do when they are happy.

Yea I had similar ideas. Well the problem with child dueling is that either the child stretches to adult size or the adult stretches down. And due to limitations of smooth jazz I can't change that.
I think the fighting one can be doable.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#73 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 2:27 PM
Omigod this is so awesome and needed!! You deserve it all!!!
Test Subject
#74 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 6:11 PM
Hey, for some reason, my child wizard can't do any spells beside conjure apple, neither can play with magic or choose preffered wand. Help. Q^Q
Space Pony
#75 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Julichi-chan
Hey, for some reason, my child wizard can't do any spells beside conjure apple, neither can play with magic or choose preffered wand. Help. Q^Q

This was also the reason why I thought the mod wasn't working the first time I tried it. The solution however wasn't too obvious (for me anyway) but skydome mentions further up that you need to purchase a wand for your witch child first and have them place it in their inventory before they can start using magic.
Page 3 of 17