Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 3:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default i want my sim to propose!
i want my sim to propose but there is no option for it, and another thing i made my sims go to college and for some reason there was no option to go to class and it was already time im so mad xc help
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 5:05 AM
How high is the relationship? Propose/engagement won't come up until they're properly in love, with both pink and red hearts.

As for going to class, they ought to be going automatically an hour before class starts, and if not, the College/Go to class option should be available for the duration of the class period. In any case, going to class is optional as long as the grade bar is open to a passing state. They can easily skip class and fill the grade bar with term papers, assignments, or group research.

Any time you can't get an option that should be there, look for pie menu items with ellipses - three dots in a row. Those are menus with submenus, and if you click them, you can open the submenu.

If you still can't get these options, work through the Help FAQ. But I bet you're overlooking something. A lot of data comes hurtling at you through the screen, and it's easy to miss something, especially when you haven't been playing long.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
How high is the relationship? Propose/engagement won't come up until they're properly in love, with both pink and red hearts.

As for going to class, they ought to be going automatically an hour before class starts, and if not, the College/Go to class option should be available for the duration of the class period. In any case, going to class is optional as long as the grade bar is open to a passing state. They can easily skip class and fill the grade bar with term papers, assignments, or group research.

Any time you can't get an option that should be there, look for pie menu items with ellipses - three dots in a row. Those are menus with submenus, and if you click them, you can open the submenu.

If you still can't get these options, work through the Help FAQ. But I bet you're overlooking something. A lot of data comes hurtling at you through the screen, and it's easy to miss something, especially when you haven't been playing long.
the relationship is all the way green with hearts and stuff i have over 4,000 cc and mods and i dont wanna get rid of them
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 8:43 AM
You don't have to get rid of them. Just back up the neighborhood, pull the downloads folder to see if the problem is CC or not, and if it is, use the 50/50 method to track it down. Then you remove, replace, or rename one mod (because sometimes when the problem is between two mods ti can be fixed by renaming them to reverse their load order), and pick up right where you left off - because as long as you have the back-up, it doesn't matter what happens to the version you're testing in. If the Downloads folder is innocent, you then need to perform other tests - do the problems happen only with one household or with all of them? What about if you test in a different neighborhood? And so on.

Working the FAQ can be tedious, but it doesn't take as long as you think it will, and when something's weird like this, it almost always is some completely unpredictable mod side effect that only occurs under certain conditions.

Only you can troubleshoot your game. Unless you happen to catch the attention of someone who has had the identical problem, nobody else has anything like as much information as you do. All we can do is advise you on how best to go about gathering and interpreting that information.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:09 PM
For the couple:
1: Make sure the sims aren't family, even somewhat distant. They may be able to be 4th or 5th cousins or some such, but if they (pre-marriage) have a family icon in the relationship panel for the other sim they can't get together without a mod.
2: They usually need to have a first kiss with each other and be in love (hearts in the relationship panel) before they can propose, even if the relationship is 100/100. Also, the relationship usually needs to be mutual, so if your sim has 100/100 but the other sim has 70/70, the option may not come up.
3: Are the sims in college? I don't think that sims can propose and they certainly can't get married or have kids in college unless you have a mod that allows this for Young Adults.
Alchemist
#6 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:21 PM
youngest age for engagement in shipped version is Young Adult. also Move In.
youngest age for Marry/Join in shipped version is Adult.
being engaged/wedded I take would disable shipped version engagement with other characters.

Pie Menu options for applicable sims could be disabled through mods.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:25 PM
Do you have a propose menu?
Do you have an adults go steady hack?
Do you see "Propose-->Committed Relationship?

If you said yes to all of those, you've modded your game in such a way that you must have them go steady before engagement will come up as an option.

For college, choose college-->go to class if they don't do it on their own.

I have sims get married before first kiss, occasionally, and you can propose engagement in college, unmodded, but not get married.

I suspect your problem is a mod conflict, though, or not understanding correctly how some mods of yours interact. So your best bet is to follow Peni's advice and work through the 50/50 check. Only you can decide if that's more or less frustrating than your current situation, but if you do decide to go through your cc, I highly recommend you figure out some logical-to-you organization system for it, so it's easier to find troublesome hacks in the future. Me, I do creator name type of cc folders, so my hacks are all sorted by creator and separate from other cc made by the same creator. Works for me.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 11:33 PM
Make a backup, pull your download folder, can they propose now. if the answer is yes some custom content is causing the issue and you will need to do a 50/50 search and find it.

Right now my sims can't buy coffee urgh. For sure it will be some content, probably a new mod. So before a 50/50 I will try pulling any new ones. But anytime the issue is content and you can't find it easily you are left with the good ol 50/50 PITB. Very tedious but it works. I just leave it until I am good and sick of whatever problem I am having.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 12:28 AM
There's also the occasional bug where a Sim will mistakenly get flagged as engaged to another random Sim. The Romantic Flags Batch Cleaner might help with that.

Don't try it until you've tried other options first, though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 1:30 AM
once again thank you all for the suggestions, and i did the 50/50 method which took foreverr, and found the one problem which i wanted to really keep, the inteenator or whatever its called, is there a updated one where it won't be conflicted with the proposal?
Scholar
#11 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 1:54 AM
If the problem is with Inteen, try having your Sims spawn their biological clocks. Sometimes Inteen messes with the way the game recognizes the age of the Sim, but spawning the clock usually fixes it.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 1:59 AM
Just FYI, Inteen conflicts with dang near anything, because it's so huge and affects so many behaviors. For that reason you might want to consider which of its features you want and look into other mods that do those things. You might also add a Z to its name so that it loads last - that way, Inteen will trump all the other mods it conflicts with at the point of conflict, rather than them all influencing each other willy-nilly, which would at least make things simpler.

But I hope the biological clock fixes the problem. It sounds like a promising tactic.

Undead Molten Llama
#13 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 7:02 AM
Inteen does conflict with a lot of things, but much of the time conflicts can be resolved by fussing with load order. However, just making it load last isn't guaranteed to fix everything. In some cases, with some conflicting mods, Inteen must load first. Also, in making Inteen load last, one might overwrite many other mods that one values, making them useless and nonfunctional. I use Inteen as well as 1000+ other mods and it all works together, BUT when I decided to use it, lo those many years ago, it took a lot of time -- many days of work -- and a lot of testing and re-ordering mods to get it all peacefully playing together as I wanted it to, since I already had a lot of other mods. In that way, Inteen is kind of an "advanced" mod. You need to know what you're doing, in terms of getting it to work right. It's NOT just something you can throw in there and it'll all magically work well together with everything else you have. That's not the way it works.

@Butchwoman If you're going to hang on to Inteen, below is the process I followed when I installed Inteen in a game that already had lots of mods:

1) Make a backup of all your neighborhoods. Just make a copy of the whole Documents/EA GAMES/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods folder and stick it on your computer's desktop. You will restore this folder after you've done all your testing, like hitting a reset button. That way, if you've done anything that will corrupt your neighborhoods during testing, it won't matter at all.
2) VERY CAREFULLY READ INTEEN'S NOVEL OF A USER MANUAL IN ITS ENTIRETY, to make certain that you both understand what it does and that you have all of its files installed correctly. Inteen has five or six different parts, and some of them go in different places. If one or more of the files is out of place it'll all not work right and, indeed, you will have missing menu options and errors even if you don't have any conflicting mods at all. Once you are absolutely certain that it's installed correctly...
3) Understand what all of your other non-Inteen mods do, so that you will know if they're still working during your testing. (Note: I'm talking about mods here, not CC like custom build/buy object meshes or CAS stuff or recolors of objects; those aren't going to cause issues with Inteen.)
4) Download and run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility. (It can be downloaded here; the file you want is the one with "HCDU" in its name. This will give you a list of mods that are conflicting, meaning "doing the same things as another mod does." This DOES NOT mean that they can't be used together (and note that parts of Inteen will conflict with itself. This is by design and is why it's very important that you install all of its files properly). It does mean, though, that the mods are overwriting each other. In order to keep all the functions of the non-Inteen mod, GENERALLY it will need to load after Inteen. But not always. Mods are complicated, especially Inteen. There's no quick fix and no "update" that will make it/them work with all other mods out there. You must do testing to determine if they can really work together or if they fatally conflict. This is the "price" of heavily modding your game, and once you have Inteen in your game, it's heavily-modded no matter what else you have. Once you have your list of target mods...
5) Remove all mods/CC other than Inteen from your game. (Don't delete them, obviously, just move them somewhere else, temporarily, like a folder on your desktop.)
6) Add ONE of those mods reported as conflicting with Inteen back in, load your game and see if both Inteen and the mod you added are working. Turn on debug mode (by typing "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotes in the cheat window); this will cause error windows to pop up if the mod+Inteen is causing issues. But even if you don't get error messages, test THOROUGHLY each time you add in a new mod. Make sure all appropriate menu options are there. In particular, test interactions like, indeed, getting Sims engaged, the romantic/social sorts of interactions that Inteen most affects. Also make sure that Sims age properly with each new mod installed (i.e., they advance a day in age at 6PM.) One of the surest signs of a conflict with Inteen is Sims not aging.
7) When you find a conflicting mod, try renaming it to make it load either before or after Inteen, whichever it's not doing by default. (Things load into the game alphabetically, so if a mod's file name starts with "A" through "H", it's going to load before Inteen, where (almost) all the files start with "I." If the mod's file name begins with "J" through "Z," it's going to load after Inteen.) Test again. If both now work as intended, then congratulations, you've resolved a conflict. If both still don't work, then those two mods can't be used together and you'll have to decide which one you value more, which is another reason why you need to know what all your mods do.
8) When you've gone through all the conflicting mods on the HCDU report and changed load order and/or discarded conflicting mods, you might want to do the same sort of testing to resolve other, non-Inteen-related mod conflicts that the HCDU reports, since you're already working on cleaning things up. I would highly recommend doing so. But, if you don't want to, put back in all your other mods. Test again and see if it all works. If so, restore your backup and play. If not, then you have more cleaning up to do, and your problem is most likely in that batch of mods you dumped in after doing your Inteen-related testing.

If all of this sounds like too much trouble -- and, not gonna lie, it's work, but to me, at the time I installed Inteen, it was worth it -- then you probably shouldn't use Inteen and instead, as Peni suggested, look around for separate mods that do what Inteen does. There are others that enable teen pregnancy, and there's this one, a newer-than-inteen one that allows marriage/pregnancy/families at Uni, which are Inteen's main features...although it has some features that, as far as I know, do not exist separately.

Or, if you decide to go through with it and run into problems, post up your HCDU conflict report. Since I've done all this very often, I might be able to help your further if I know what mods you have and how they're interacting.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:55 AM
how do i download inteenimaterzzz sims 2 if i have ultimate collection and its for freetime one and thats not a seperate file, and i read to go through origin in my documents but its not there and i don't know how to put it there sorry for all the problems btw
Undead Molten Llama
#15 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 9:17 AM
You download Inteen in its entirety here: http://www.simbology.com/mods/index...date&order=desc

Since you have the UC, you want the one for Apartment Life/UC. All the files you need are in the zip. Read all the PDFs included with the download, and it should tell you all you need to know about what goes where. Then, install. (If you have any other Inteen files already, I'd delete them. Start fresh.) There's even a "Mod Conflict Strategy" PDF in there that might help you out, though it's probably much the same as I posted above. You can also get the Flavor Paks zip, but if I were you I wouldn't mess with those unless/until you get the main mod working.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
You download Inteen in its entirety here: http://www.simbology.com/mods/index...date&order=desc

Since you have the UC, you want the one for Apartment Life/UC. All the files you need are in the zip. Read all the PDFs included with the download, and it should tell you all you need to know about what goes where. Then, install. (If you have any other Inteen files already, I'd delete them. Start fresh.) There's even a "Mod Conflict Strategy" PDF in there that might help you out, though it's probably much the same as I posted above. You can also get the Flavor Paks zip, but if I were you I wouldn't mess with those unless/until you get the main mod working.
thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 9:54 AM

it said the g one has to be put in the apartment life override but i don't know where it is since i have uc plus i don't know how to put origin in documents thats what people are saying go there but its not how do i get it in there?
Undead Molten Llama
#18 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 10:32 AM
Inteenimater G goes in the install files (the stuff in Program Files, not in Documents). Since you have the UC, the path is Program Files(x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Fun With Pets/SP9/TSData/Res/Overrides. That's right in the Installation Guide, BTW; I copied it from there. As I said, read all the PDFs thoroughly and follow the directions. Take your time, don't skip stuff, and if you don't understand things, then perhaps Inteen isn't a mod for you. All the other Inteen files go in your Downloads, in Documents/EA GAMES/Sims 2/Downloads. (I personally have a subfolder in that folder for all mods, and I have a subfolder of that specifically for Inteen.)

I don't know what you mean by "put origin in documents." You don't need to do anything with Origin. You just need to put the right files in the right places, and it's all right there in the instructions. To be frank, if you're having trouble with this simple a thing, you're going to have lots of trouble figuring out mod conflicts. You might be best off looking for other mods to enable teen woohoo/pregnancy and/or Uni families or other features that you want.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 2:04 AM
Inteenimater G goes in the install files (the stuff in Program Files, not in Documents). Since you have the UC, the path is Program Files(x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Fun With Pets/SP9/TSData/Res/Overrides. That's right in the Installation Guide, BTW; I copied it from there. As I said, read all the PDFs thoroughly and follow the directions. Take your time, don't skip stuff, and if you don't understand things, then perhaps Inteen isn't a mod for you. All the other Inteen files go in your Downloads, in Documents/EA GAMES/Sims 2/Downloads. (I personally have a subfolder in that folder for all mods, and I have a subfolder of that specifically for Inteen.)

I don't know what you mean by "put origin in documents." You don't need to do anything with Origin. You just need to put the right files in the right places, and it's all right there in the instructions. To be frank, if you're having trouble with this simple a thing, you're going to have lots of trouble figuring out mod conflicts. You might be best off looking for other mods to enable teen woohoo/pregnancy and/or Uni families or other features that you want.
i get it now
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 2:06 AM
can i repair the game and maybe inteen can work like its suppose to? because the back up file for the neighborhood and the hcdu thing is difficult.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 2:13 AM
The game's not broken, so repairing it is useless.

What happened when you tried spawning the biological clock?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The game's not broken, so repairing it is useless.

What happened when you tried spawning the biological clock?
i didnt try that because its glitchy now my wants and fears are gone, without doing anything they start spinning and i have this point cursor that pops up and everytime i click on it the game window minimizes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Butchwoman
i didnt try that because its glitchy now my wants and fears are gone, without doing anything they start spinning and i have this point cursor that pops up and everytime i click on it the game window minimizes
oh btw i tried the hack conflict detection untility and there is 0 conflict like what the heck
Mad Poster
#24 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 6:26 PM
If you repair your game through origin you will have to put any mods that go in the program files back--including Inteen G.

You've got some sort of mod conflict going on--it might be things loading in the wrong order or whatever. Inteen is super prickly about other mods that affect romance and reproduction--like pregnant sims wear any clothes mods. You might be able to figure out what's causing the spinning by looking at the error logs.

Here's my suggestion: move your entire EA Games folder out of My Documents to somewhere else--add a date to the name or something so you remember what it is. Launch the game. Let it generate a new EA Games. Exit. Create a new "Downloads" folder. Put Inteen and your protective mods (nounlinkondelete, etc) in. Launch the game. Enable custom content. Exit. Delete the pre-made neighborhoods (they're corrupt). Launch the game. Create a testing neighborhood. Spend an hour or two messing with sims with Inteen. Exit. Add other mods you want. Repeat. Figure out how your mods work together (or don't) with sims you aren't invested in.

Once you feel you understand how everything ought to work together and you have the mods loading in an order that works, then yank that EA Games folder, put the original back, put the mods in matching order, and change that name back to EA Games.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#25 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 6:31 PM
The trouble with the HCDU is that it only detects certain kinds of conflicts - I believe ones in which two different programs address the same line of code, or BHAV, or something like that. (Not techy; bear with me.) It's no good at all for the kinds of conflicts that arise when (for instance) one modifies Line A and another modifies Line Z, and both of these affect how Line R works, which affects how Line F works, which sets up a feedback loop with Line Y, and completely breaks a plug-in and gives another mod nothing whatsoever to work with..

Yes, the code on this game really is that complex. Chaos theory applies.

You clearly don't think of yourself as a tech person, which may mean that you're making things harder by thinking about how hard the problem is and looking for shortcuts instead of thinking about the actual problem. We all do this sometimes. But I'm not techy and I've learned to troubleshoot (and to talk confidently enough about stuff that people sometimes mistake me for a techy), and so have lots of other people here. You can, too. We have confidence in you. So get some chocolate and breathe - you must be tearing your hair out by now. Do something else for awhile, come back to it when you're feeling less tense. Then think about the result you want right now.

If at this point all you want is for your game to work, pull InTeen. Don't delete it, just set it aside. If you have ongoing teen or YA pregnancies or other situations that depend on it, avoid those households till you've figured out whether you're willing to jump through hoops to make it work, or if you're better off going on a hunt for other, simpler mods that will be easier to troubleshoot. Get your sims engaged and back up that neighborhood (don't delete your original backup; just name it First backup or something so the new backup doesn't overwrite it, which would break the neighborhood to hell). Play for a little while, and let the problem rest, until you're in a frame of mind where you can settle on a course of action.

If you're determined to make InTeen work before proceeding, clear your mental decks and knuckle down to Icad's system. If work's the only way to get what you want, you do the work. Do you have any friends who are more confident with computers than you are? If so, get them to help you; but you don't want to be dependent on them to keep your game working, and if they aren't familiar with Sims2 they'll have their own learning curve, so don't ask them to do it for you. Sit in the chair in front of the computer and have them stand behind you giving advice.

If you want InTeen's features, but don't want to do the sort of work involved in using it, and don't want to proceed in the game without those features, it's time to go on a mod hunt. List each feature you want and do separate searches for each. If your Google skills fail you, start several Where Can I Find threads in the WCIF forum here. Remove InTeen, and add the new mods in one at a time, testing as you go, so any problems with a particular mod are as simple as possible. Also, make a new backup before adding each mod! This will give you the necessary sense of security to experiment in the course of testing.

You can do this. It's not as hard as it sounds. You're just on a learning curve; once you master it, you'll see that it's worth it to have what you want.

Page 1 of 2