Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 4:30 AM
they should add the stage back into the game that was alot of help doing this
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 912tos
they should add the stage back into the game that was alot of help doing this

The stage tool definitely makes it easier to build these kinds of stairs, in some cases, but it is A LOT less flexible and just plain useless in most cases. This technique is a must have for advanced building and can't be replaced by the stage tool in the Sims 2.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 1:51 PM
Thank you very much for this tutorial.

Can someone please re-explain how you would close the room again after placing the stairs? What I mean is, how do we make these stairs without leaving them in the middle of the room?

I see some have asked this, but I do not understand the responses.

I am unable to replace a wall flush against the stairs landing without the floor tiles becoming distorted.

I see Amaio did this in her wonderful modern house

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=343318&c=1
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#29 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 4:37 PM
Red blaze - the reason "y" this is happening is because like I said before, you need to have a top landing too, It has nothing to stop on, so it won't.

***Real grammar is more appreciated

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 6:49 AM
As for the mouse click sensitivity, one may check out your Os and/or mouse property can enable you to tune your mouse sensitivity.
Test Subject
#31 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 1:10 PM
Default Adding Walls
Sorry, but I'm really confused about adding walls after making the stairs. I have tried placing the wall, but the floor tiles lift up, and if I try to level them out, the wall goes wonky, and this messes up the whole house. Also, when I place flooring on the ground floor, the same thing happens. Please help
Test Subject
#32 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 2:26 AM
that's cool, but how do you close the wall again?
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 10:48 PM
I am also having trouble understanding how this works. I am new to this so please be patient. I can get the first part where you flatten the top floor.
But when I go back to the bottom floor .
I build the assist wall and go four clicks down.
and then try to flatten the place where the stairs will be,
but it places tiles on the outside of the wall and they hang there on the outside...I mean the tiles won't extend past the wall into the area where the stairs should be. So, I just get these tiles hanging off the outside of the wall..I could explain it better if I had pictures. But I don't know how to post them here. So, I hope this makes sense.
I'm really lost. It looks so simple but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Babu
Test Subject
#34 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 8:52 PM
for those who dont like the way the walls become distorted (triangular) i have found a fix of sorts, firstly create your stairs/Conected garage/half walls etc, and then enter the Moveobjects on cheat in the console, then place a fire place where your distorted wall is, you can now move sections of the fireplace and put them in the walls to hide the walls from both sides, simples
Test Subject
#35 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 9:37 AM
Default Building split level stairs u shape with 3 different levels
Quote: Originally posted by QBUILDERZ
Red blaze - the reason "y" this is happening is because like I said before, you need to have a top landing too, It has nothing to stop on, so it won't.

***Real grammar is more appreciated

hi qbuilderz i was just wondering how i could build split level stairs with 3 landings including the 2nd story landing...

I am completely new to the sims 3, i really want these kind of stairs in my house i am building..

Is this possible???

if so can you please post a turorial for me thanks

It would be much much appreciated, thanks

[I][B][LEFT]Shelley
Test Subject
#36 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 12:34 AM
a couple questions. . . after i put the code in, is it the "level terrain" tool you use to flatten the lot? Another is when i get done and about to put the stairs in, i can't get the stairs to go up to the second level. do i have to put tiles on the second or did i miss a step? and how close should i build the wall outside of the house? and i wants my stairs to level up, not attached to the floor, any way i can do this? :/
Forum Resident
#37 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:34 AM
Is it just me or is there nothing in here?
Test Subject
#39 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 3:17 AM
where is the tutorial????
Field Researcher
#40 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by houdini
for those who dont like the way the walls become distorted (triangular) i have found a fix of sorts, firstly create your stairs/Conected garage/half walls etc, and then enter the Moveobjects on cheat in the console, then place a fire place where your distorted wall is, you can now move sections of the fireplace and put them in the walls to hide the walls from both sides, simples

Urghhh.

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Page 2 of 2