Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 7:48 AM
Default helpppppp! the sims 3 isla paradiso freezes every 5 second
i delete scott family as suggested in the forum but i still stutter periodically. must i delete every family?

spec:
win10 pro 64bit
i7 6700k
gtx 1080fe
8gb of ram
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 8:24 AM
Back when I played sims 3 I had to download world replacements to fix heaps of routing traffic jams. I got mine all from this creator on here: http://modthesims.info/m/1515002

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
sorry, nothing will help. IP is borked.
It is borked, but I am currently in week 40 in Isla Paradiso, and while it doesn't run as smooth as other worlds, it is still very much playable for me. I don't use the replacement by ellacharmed and I haven't deleted any families. The Scotts are still alive and kicking

It is possible to get it into a playable state but it requires a lot of work. I have all residents tagged (with AwesomeMod, but NRaas Tagger could do the same) and watch their movement from Map View regularly. Whenever I encounter a problem (like bad routing or stuck Sims) I try to change the place where Sims encounter problems.
The thing with IP is that it is so unpredictable. Every additional building you place along the coastline can change the Sims' routing, sometimes to their benefit, sometimes to their disadvantage, so you have to be extra careful with any changes you make to the world.

Another issue is routing on lots. Some lots are badly made with tight corners inside buildings and some of the community lots are not compatible anymore with the changes to routing that came with the last two patches. My pre-ITF save became terminally broken after 60 weeks when I applied the 1.67 patch. The new save I started with 1.67, and, as I said, it is still running okay. One thing you will have to change is fences that go directly along lot borders. Sims will get stuck there (most notably at the art gallery on the main island).

I play without story progression and have aging turned off. I age up manually if I feel like it. I also get the impression that one shouldn't increase the population too much. My last save had some 100 residents in the end, the current one has 65. And it is running much better.

If you get it into a playable state after a while you will also notice that there are certain time frames when it runs slower. That happens when most residents are out and about. 8am is the worst because that is when they all head for work and school and the game is having a hard time calculating their paths. With all residents tagged I noticed then that the game is actually quite good in this respect, because it sends Sims that live further away much sooner to work than those that live closer to their destination. This takes a lot of processing power away though and IP is quite big and spread out for this.

Freezes every 5 seconds, however, suggest to me that you've got some stuck Sims somewhere. Try to find them and reset them. They are usually somewhere along the coastline near some port. The tightest spots for me are always the three ports near the statue (Port Pescado, Port Playa and another one) and the single port to the right of the beach lot on the smaller island. If they continue to get stuck there you could try to disable the ports and remove the docking bridge from them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 12:03 PM
i delete every family but the timed stutter is still there, i move my character to another new game and delete every family at the start, the timed stutter is gone. is it because some wild animals get stuck somewhere? or townies without home?
#6 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 3:15 PM
Isla Paradiso shouldn't have any wild animals. Do you use NRaas Register? Because this mod enables wild animals and you should diable them in Register's settings.

Which reminds me of another issue that I recall. What other major mods do you use? Especially NRaas ones. Some of their default settings or those that you use in other worlds should be adapted to Isla Paradiso because this world is different in many respects. The Stuck Sims check in Overwatch, for example, I found to not work very well there.

Townies without homes (homeless, and IP has some 35 of them) don't appear in any world that often, so I am not entirely shure whether they can produce this constant freeze. It could, of course, be that one of them who is assigned to a mixology bar or any other role is stuck somewhere. It's hard to tell without knowing what changes you made to the world. A default Isla Paradiso doesn't have any mixology bars or cash registers. The only three roles that are assigned are the Ambitions roles of tattoo artist, consignment clerk and Stylist if you allowed the game to place them. Out of these only the tattoo artist is a homeless Sim.
So, the question is what other buildings you have there. Showtime venues? Late Night bars and clubs? A Seasons festival park?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 3:54 PM
the only mod i have is velocitygrass disable mosaic censor. no nraas or anything else. i follow you and find a bartender not showing up in the grind dance club i place in a smaller island with grocery store. she's stuck with her jetski on a tiny island that no living thing can set foot on. the next day she shows up at the grind but i delete her and the grind. i don't have other venues because i just start.

i ask about wild animals because even if i disable story progression, i find an astro horse unicorn but i add her to my family but the stutters persist. i only bought late night, pets, seasons and island paradise with 2 worlds, sunlit tides and roaring heights.

i only have 1 store content, industrial oven that could spawn a chef. i'm not even sure if this oven works or not. i don't seem to get any profit when people are buying food. is it cumulative when i click the dance club to get money?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 4:21 PM Last edited by barbarat : 13th Jul 2016 at 4:26 PM. Reason: Forgot To Mention
Please excuse my cutting in here but would like to add a few suggestions to the ones Don Babilon has suggested:
Don has had success playing EA's original IP as he has taken the time and has the patience to fix many things borked in that world. Depending upon a players system capabilities and the mods they are using to keep the game healthy, success playing the original will be different for others.

IP does have animals in it but not necessarily the wild life except for horses. These can be managed with NRaas Register as well as Story Progression. Where you are having many other stuck sims, lag, game stuttering issues I strongly suggest you add some mods to help you and do a little clean up. Please take a few minutes to look over these few documents.

Tips For Better Game Performance This document has tips and suggestions along with links for steps you can take to clean up and keep your game healthy.

Getting Started With NRaas Mods .. These are suggestions by the NRaas Organizers for mods that are critical for game performance such as Overwatch , Register, and Error Trap.

Game Play Tips and FAQ's There are links for tips for Town Management, Animal Control, Stuck Sims etc.

Hope these help you out.

Edit: Forgot to mention: If you decide to install those critical NRaas mods and where you've been playing for awhile it will take a few game reloads for those mods to clean up everything.
#9 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 4:49 PM
First of all, here's an old thread that you might want to read, too, as it deals with several issues of Isla Paradiso: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=506537

And in addition to barbarat's help I want to point out another thing that I gathered from your posts. You said that you deleted Sims, but don't use any NRaas mods. You shouldn't do this. Deleting Sims is only safe with NRaas MasterController.

You also said that that you placed The Grind. That's a 30x40 lot and I can't recall any lot of that size on any of the smaller islands. Did you add a lot to an island that had no lots to begin with? If so, which one (could perhaps post a screenshot)? Placing new empty lots with the world editor tool is a very risky thing that can break a world completely.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 3:52 AM
i really want to play this isla paradiso otherwise i just waste my money on this expansion. i can only think about using the isla paradiso world that's been fixed in this download section. does that guarantee it'll be stutter free? i try to place default mermaid's grotto diving spot in other worlds like sunlit tides or roaring heights.
none works except sunset valley because the ocean is not deep enough.

for the above:
1. that island i place the grind has lots as i said before, there's a grocery store with diner where i work. the same island where babes on the beach family lives. i place the grind on the topmost lot that looks like a cliff. i place it because my sim wants to visit a dance club.
i drink that party coctail and my sim has party animal trait but i can't seem to make them spin like this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9f--_70Ouc does her partner have to drink party cocktail too?

2. the pulse lags you said, is it like every 5 seconds throughout the game? mine is like that all the time. it's like smooth then freeze then smooth again. it's a pain to play or watch.

does the nraas really works? today i buy baker's bazaar collection to find out that the bakery case can't be restock like the sims 2 or 4. i use nraas cupcake and wait until 5am, this mod doesn't restock either even if i select automatically restock. i'm really not into mod or custom content because i don't want to see something behaves strangely, system or graphics so i use everything vanilla from the game itself.
Inventor
#12 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 4:45 AM Last edited by Naus Allien : 14th Jul 2016 at 4:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I have pretty much done everything there is to do to fix IP, even went house to house, lot to lot. Game pulse lags randomly, but they do seem more during rush hours. I've checked and didnt find any stuck sims or routing issues, but it still pulse lags around those time. One person on here actually said something about that it is also related to sims going on boats, off boats, on boats, in taxis, etc... the massive transactions of traveling sims create this lag so there really is no real fix for it.

I guess that could be fixed adding the LLAMA Teleporter (Supernatural TARDIS-like object) to every Sims house and to every lot so Sims would automatically use the Llama Teleporter instead of routing by those transportations. I have a Sim who takes the LLAMA every morning to get to her workplace. You could also use GoHere or Transportation (NRaas) to disallow the use of water/taxis.

Quote: Originally posted by ati
does the nraas really works? today i buy baker's bazaar collection to find out that the bakery case can't be restock like the sims 2 or 4. i use nraas cupcake and wait until 5am, this mod doesn't restock either even if i select automatically restock. i'm really not into mod or custom content because i don't want to see something behaves strangely, system or graphics so i use everything vanilla from the game itself.

Boy, you're missing out. Most mods, especially NRaas suite, are better coded than EA's. They not only fix EA's mistakes and annoyances, but also expand functionality in ways you can't even imagine. For example: ErrorTrap and Overwatch keep your games clean and playable; Traveler allows you to travel to any world installed (not just China, Egypt and France); ani's mods improve restaurants and retail stores massively; Arsil, douglasveiga, Buzz and icarusallsorts have tons of amazing mods that add new gameplay to your game; and Awesome Mod fixes uncountable EAxis bugs and expand functionality in ways you don't even realize (especially for me that I've been using Awesome Mod since August 2009!). I don't know what else to tell you... you need to check them out yourself. As I said, most mods actually improve your game. This is also the best moment to get into mods since it seems we are never ever getting another new patch, so your installed mods will never become obsolete.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 6:02 AM
A couple of notes to add to this thread if I may. Well, more than a couple.

1 - I would not recommend using the LLAMA transports in conjunction with GoHere. They hate each other with a burning passion.
2 - If the OP is deleting sims by using testingcheatsenabled shift-click rather than a safer method, then what they have is more likely a corrupt game than a routing problem as others have stated.
3 - The vast majority of homeless sims spawned in Isla P without NRaas Register and Overwatch to keep them in check are probably resort workers.
4 - Bakery displays are supposed to restock from behind in Build/Buy mode, not in Live mode in case that's how you were trying. Afraid I don't know why Cupcake wouldn't be working for you, but that's a matter that can be better explored at NRaas.
5 - I didn't go this way when I was able to make Isla P playable because it didn't exist at the time, but a player named Ciane on the EA Forums has a popular fixed up version of IP all ready to go as a saved game "in progress," graciously made available to all who want it. She was very methodical about what she did there and documents all of it. But I still wouldn't recommend playing this world without Overwatch, ErrorTrap, and Register at least.
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...oving-ip-lag/p1
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 7:17 AM
nah i didn't delete them using console. i delete them from edit town map view. it's sad that when i want to play a game i bought, i have to look around and install mods to make it playable. i thought mods are for: when we're bored of the game to add replay value.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 8:02 AM Last edited by igazor : 14th Jul 2016 at 10:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ati
nah i didn't delete them using console. i delete them from edit town map view. it's sad that when i want to play a game i bought, i have to look around and install mods to make it playable. i thought mods are for: when we're bored of the game to add replay value.

You do have a point there. But many of us who persist with the bug fixing variety as well still get a lot of enjoyment out of our games. Yes, we really shouldn't have to, yes EA could have done a much better job with quality control (that's putting it mildly), but there is enough that is compelling in this iteration of the series that keeps so many of us engaged. I don't even think of TS3, or any of them really, as a game but more as a platform on which I spin my own stories. Platforms can be flawed and downright cumbersome, but that doesn't mean they don't have any value.

In the end, it's an individual decision as to whether and how much the product speaks to you of course.