Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 3:28 PM Last edited by artrui : 5th May 2009 at 3:34 PM. Reason: TITLE UPDATE
BUILD "Disney Castle" ONLINE - New decoration tower
Hi! Welcome! I hope this is an adorable theme for you. I am glad to get your advice, help and every feedback.
I think, everyone know the looks of the famous castle. But I haven't find such building in Sims2. To satisfy my curiosity, I began to built it yesterday.

This is the 1st shot--its Entry:

I've choosed lot size: 5x5. I imaged, the castle was surrounded by lake. This will be built later. At first, I'd made two hided parking areas in front of the lot.

I'm searching for every new idea to deal with the Sims! To me this game's just like a tool. One can change and create everything he/she wants!
Advertisement
Zombie Socks
#2 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 3:34 PM
*scratches head* Well, it's good so far but it's not even close to finished so I have to admit I'm rather confused as to what you want feedback on!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 3:35 PM
2nd:

It's a little more... The castle would be approximately so big.

I'm searching for every new idea to deal with the Sims! To me this game's just like a tool. One can change and create everything he/she wants!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 3:44 PM
3rd:

something similar?
I must count on its level. I know, man should not set too higher levels for a lot... But I will saving just minimum levels for the castle so far as I could.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 3:56 PM
Now, the front view:

7 floors
$106,056

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 4:27 PM
The neighbourhoods view until now. It's back does not been cloesd yet.

Custom Content inculded:
Light Double Arch by Kate,
Medieval collection by UK1976

Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 4:41 PM
Ok, Yeah! Now it's looking more like it should!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 8:33 PM
the back side:

Zombie Socks
#9 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 8:40 PM
Can we see some pictures of the actual castle for comparison?

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 8:49 PM
Yes. Here is one what I 've found through google:

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 8:56 PM
and:

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 8:59 PM Last edited by artrui : 8th Apr 2009 at 9:01 PM. Reason: fig. too big
and:

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 9:14 PM
On the photo are there many luxurious decorations around the castle. I wish you all help me to find some similar items for the Sims2 Disney castle.

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 2:10 AM
Did you try the Sims2Wiki? They have content in categories. Link is on top of this page. Or if you go on the Sims2 Community site, they have a WCIF forum. Let them know what exactly your looking for maybe that helps

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
Abraham Lincoln
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 10:59 AM
Simpleton, thank you for your entry on my other thread about Castle Tiefburg, too. I know that links. I have taken already a lot of time there. But I think perhaps someone will happend to know something after seeing that photos above. I wouldn't send the same fotos again at the moment. I hope also, someone plan to make or is making
new mesh like that on the fotos. It will be very very appreciated.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 11:28 AM
I am learning to make mesh. But I do not think that I will manage it faster. I desire to be able to make something as follow:
1. Ceiling floor, which can be seen from both sides. (I haven't found the matched tutorial at Sims2Wiki yet.)
2. A half arched part below castle half tower. Different sizes needed.
3. Decoration tower.
4. More small and narrow gothic window for castle tower.

I hope, you can help me.

Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 2:06 PM
Hi artrui,
what about this tower mesh on blackysimszoo?
For the visible ceiling, I recommend these meshes with medieval recolours by Marina.
If you're looking for real, cfe-able ceilings, you can try this modding tutorial.
Great job with the castle so far, it really looks amazing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 3:47 PM Last edited by artrui : 9th Apr 2009 at 3:49 PM. Reason: give thanks
Thanks! Amazing informations! Let me see... The tower above matches perhaps those itmes on the same site, too. Perhaps, it needs matched recolors.
I want to make ceiling floor without mesh. It should just like normal floors and can be used through build cheat. The modding tutorial includs many parts... I will read it forwards. It's adorable!

Forum Resident
#19 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 4:05 PM
http://modthesims2.com/download.php?t=140731

If you're looking for inspiration or on how to do something....

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 4:31 PM
I haven't seen that thread before. It's interesting to compare. I think, GodlyAce built the castle after German Neuschweinstein. The castle, what I am building, is after the real Cinderella's Castle by Disney.

Forum Resident
#21 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 6:57 PM
hmmmm, im not sure, i think it would look much better if the tallest tower was one floor taller. Again im not sure but you mite wanna try it....
Instructor
#22 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 7:27 PM
I don't know if this is relevant to your project or not, but the actual Cinderella castle isn't as big as it looks.... it's built where everything from the towers, to the windows get smaller the higher up you go making it look taller and bigger than it actually is... Anyways, it looks really great so far.... Is it residential, or what? I think it would be a cool hotel..... There's supposed to be a suite in the actual castle the built just for Walt Disney that they now rent out for a god-awful amount of money.... at least i think they do....

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 9:20 PM Last edited by artrui : 9th Apr 2009 at 10:38 PM. Reason: idea of mesh
hmmmm, I've built the main tower as high as I could already... When man want to add a floor there, it says "can't raise terrain further". I think, it could be more higher, when someone make a mesh tower with matched roof there.

Wicked_poppies, I haven't visite the Cinderella castle yet. I could not say, but I can image that castle is not so big. Furthermore, I don't want to build the castle too huge. This castle has now 4 floors to live and only 3 floors more for the roofs. I think, this solution will make better by playing. It looks big, because I've made different wall heights there...
There are two castles made by me for the maxis neighborhood "Duality". One is this castle and the other one called "Tiefburg" in dark style. Perhaps you've seen my thread about Tiefburg already.
By the way, this Disney castle is build as residential lot. But man can use cheat to change its lot type later.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 9:27 PM Last edited by artrui : 9th Apr 2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: please
Now! After a whole day work... Please do not tell me that it looks no better than before.

And is it not a disney DREAM land?

Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 11:06 PM
This is truly brilliant! I especially love the night time shot.
I see in the blueprints there is some sort of "rock" near the edges connecting to the ground, that's all I could really think that you could do. Great work!
Locked thread | Locked by: whiterider Reason: Threadcromancy is bad, k.
Page 1 of 7