Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 9:38 AM
Default Latest Picked on front page not updating properly
It seems the "Latest Picked" widget on the front page is not updating properly. Clearing browser cache didn't help. Anything else I should do?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Tartan McBadgerface
#2 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 11:07 AM
What's the problem with it? That's how it appears for me and as far as I'm aware, those are the most recent picked items
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 12:24 PM
When I filter the downloads page for picked items, this is how it looks:

Does the "Latest Picked" show random picks? Not only is the order reversed (as for example in comparison to the Latest featured) but also there are 3 newer downloads that were picked. Or is it ordered by the date of the pick, not upload date?
Screenshots
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 12:28 PM
Ah, I *think* because the latest picked on the main page goes by when the upload was picked. On the downloads page, it's going by the date uploaded. So some of those items were uploaded and then picked later, thus showing on the first page, even though they're further down in the downloads page.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 12:56 PM
Ok, so it only appears random (or delayed) as I have no overview when something was picked. Thanks for the explanation!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 1:23 PM
Happy to help!

Changed thread category to Solved/Answered
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 1:25 PM
Hrm, looks like there is an issue - the picks that appear on the front page are auto picks only, whereas the picks that appear on the download browser are all types of picks (including staff picked). However, it looks like the staff picks don't update the database field telling when it was done, hence why they don't appear on the front page. (or something else is nuking that information)

Thanks for the heads up, I'll go in and fix this!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 1:45 PM
I'm having a much worse version of this problem with the "all downloads." I'm seeing things uploaded from as far back as 2016 on the first page.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 1:53 PM
*gulp* Me too.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 2:16 PM
Yes, but that's new Maybe a side effect of working on the above issue.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#11 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 3:24 PM
Yup, but I've reverted that and it now sorts by the date uploaded, albeit with a fixed backend . Later on I'll probably go in and have the ability to order by date picked/featured.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.